20.7 KB · Views: 2,104
  • Showcase-BETA-2.zip
    134.7 KB · Views: 915
  • Showcase-RC1.cab
    271.9 KB · Views: 2,974
Last edited:

Floxzie

Apr 30, 2009
ooh, yes... this looks so promising! ;) nice looking design, looks like an htc app.

thanks for your hard work. :)

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
How is this any better than TaskFacade? No offense to you. I'd just kindly like to know what's different about it. If you add process, memory usage, battery usage, hidden processes, etc that allow us to view those, I'd glady use this task manager :)

amarullz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2007
Bandung
amarullz.blog.unikom.ac.id
How is this any better than TaskFacade? No offense to you. I'd just kindly like to know what's different about it.

TaskFacade and Showcase had different goal. While TaskFacade main goal is to give user some easy tasks switcher with screen capture of running task, but Showcase main goal is to create easy to use, finger friendly and memory friendly task manager.

There is some different between TaskFacade and Showcase:

TaskFacade: Run in your background, and capture the screen every 5 second
Showcase: Run the process only when you need it. (you can use your hardkey for easy switch)

TaskFacade: Show Screen capture of running task
Showcase: Only show icons as vertical scrollable list

TaskFacase: Huge size
Showcase: Small size ( ~200kb is contain 2 png image files, main program only about 20kb )

But you have your own choice isn't it??? :) . The great thing is TaskFacade and Showcase is Freeware...

If you add process, memory usage, battery usage, hidden processes, etc that allow us to view those, I'd glady use this task manager :)

In the first post, I wrote that I need some suggestions about this application. So If there is many user like to add that features, YES I will be happy to add that.

Processes = Maybe...

Battery usage/Memory usage = Yes, I will and had a plan to add this feature ( look at the third bottom button ). I only need to rethink how this information look and feel...

Hidden processes (exclude) = Sure, it will be added. :D

dickenz

Apr 6, 2008
Kincumber NSW
Battery usage/Memory usage = Yes, I will and had a plan to add this feature ( look at the third bottom button ). I only need to rethink how this information look and feel...

Maybe you could take some inspiration from Bell UI's task manager for displaying system info.

2ldf0pk.jpg

Hope that helps... By the way, love the app! Great work, thank you!

benko286

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 2, 2008
Croatia, Zagreb
ok tried app,just want to tell you keep it that fast ;)

so how can i make it that apps open on pressing hw key(for rxample back key)

also it will be awesome to add icon in next version and i support adding options for bayyery&ram usage ;)

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Sweet! I shall cook this app into a rom when it works in landscape and you allow me to. I also hope you can make it replace the htc task manager (allowing your app to display in the right hand corner).

amarullz

Jan 16, 2007
Bandung
benko286 said:
so how can i make it that apps open on pressing hw key(for rxample back key)
If you use Diamond, and have Advanced Config, you can set your green key (hold) to run some applications
in Menu > more settings > Key mapping..

Welcome back and congrats amarull on your new release.
I'm now on Diamond2 and hope you will support it in your next release.
thanks.

Thanks illi... nice to meet you again :). yup WVGA will be more easy to create (I just replace screen size values) than QVGA (i need to resize all images), so WVGA support will available more fast than QVGA...

Sweet! I shall cook this app into a rom when it works in landscape and you allow me to. I also hope you can make it replace the htc task manager (allowing your app to display in the right hand corner).

Sure, it's free to use :D..
And about right corner, I will create different exe/process that will run on background, so It will be more memory friendly..

Last edited:

Lycox

Oct 28, 2005
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Very promising project :)

Have a closer look at the features of DotFreds Taskmanager. This is all I need excepting the built in registry editor.

pistonripper

Mar 14, 2005
London
Very promising app

Would be perfect IMHO if you kept it simple, replaced the HTC Taskmanager(top right hand corner) and if we could swipe the open application left or right to close.

amarullz

Jan 16, 2007
Bandung
Very promising app

Would be perfect IMHO if you kept it simple, replaced the HTC Taskmanager(top right hand corner) and if we could swipe the open application left or right to close.

Yes I will keep it simple and small as possible... Another features will included in another process or another package, so user can choose which features they want to use..

[ON PROGRESS]
* About process list, I will not add it in showcase.exe, but in another exe, so the main task switcher still small and simple.

* Memory and battery usage will not opened new interface/windows, I will replace the button with information "BAR, size & percentage", if user tap it, it will open system memory..

rumbles

Jan 31, 2009
NSW
well I hope htc are reading this thread and take a hint that not only do applications need to look good but they need to have a small memory footprint unlike their dialers which use 10MB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.