[ROM] Android 2.2 MIUI for Desire and Nexus One- !!INSANE COMPLETE UI OVERHAUL!!

Search This thread

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
I found this INSANE video on Google Nexus One blog.

If you have a Nexus One or a Desire, do yourself a favor and WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-9T44Bt7M&feature=player_embedded

Has anyone heard about this ROM? Its the MOST INSANE ROM IVE EVER SEEN...It runs SOOO damn fast and smooth, and they have COMPLETELY overhauled the UI. Its INSANE. Its like they took parts of Android, IOS, added an insane Sense-like wrapper on it..and viola....PWNAGE.

Anyone know where it comes from? I have never heard of these guys...but MY GOD its nuts. Whoever they are, these guys have SKILLZ.

See for yourself!! I just hope to God that Gingerbread is that awesome.

Heres a great vid from user Chididdy123 running this amazing ROM. Thanks for this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBuiWZ8TDBw

Omomo (dev) has also said that "We will release OTA every week. usually it is on Friday evening 8:00 PM (Beijing - time)
I'll give you a link (today) so that you can download latest build from us. But we may delete it one day later because we don't have enough bandwidth to host many users. so please make sure your download it in time".

UPDATE (October 4th)

So guys, I had no idea that the finding of this video would make such MASSIVE noise in the Android community. While I think its a great idea to keep this thread open for problem solving and overall discussion, I would highly advise you to visit the excellent thread started by djmcnz for builds, language packs and changelogs. He has done a great job in keeping the beast that is MIUI accessible for all. His excellent thread can be viewed here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=789566

Give him and all the people who have put so much work into translations MASSIVE props, as they have done an insane job at making this wonderful ROM accessible and updated for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: xwishmasterx

cmarti

May 7, 2006
You can easily notice that video runs accelerated, seems they did it to make the phone looks like it's running faster that it really is.

Watch it one more time and you'll see what I mean.

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
That could be man. It does look a bit TOO fast. But you gotta admit, the UI looks nice, and even if you slowed the video down, it seems like it would still run pretty smooth.

I really..REALLY like the UI.

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
right could we get this to work in english...it would be great!!! looking forward for this.....thanks!

fallingd0wn

Apr 9, 2010
IN
h**p://miui.com/thread-1154-1-1.html

You can download the ROM from this forum thread. I used Chrome to translate it. Downloading now.....

Last edited:

arkavat

Apr 2, 2008
well.. UI is very nice. and the video seems to be accelerated to shorten the length of the video. Anyways... it is still in beta and things will only get smoother and faster as development continues. Nevertheless, the UI is very nice. Will look forward for final release.

xzr3b0rnzx

Sep 13, 2008
downloading it right now gonna flash later .. hope there's support for english even though i know abit of chinese

kind of flipped through the thread over there.. i think they got FM radio working on their rom ..

Last edited:

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
installed........up and running.......its superb....will post more as i find out ... thank you so much for sharing

p.s: my 400th post :)

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
calls are working, i can see app2sd partition in settings, so i hope it should be there...still setting it up......

its super fast and completely revamped UI with so many options....pieces of chinese language is what keeping me from trying all those

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this INSANE video on Google Nexus One blog.

If you have a Nexus One or a Desire, do yourself a favor and WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-9T44Bt7M&feature=player_embedded

Has anyone heard about this ROM? Its the MOST INSANE ROM IVE EVER SEEN...It runs SOOO damn fast and smooth, and they have COMPLETELY overhauled the UI. Its INSANE. Its like they took parts of Android, IOS, added an insane Sense-like wrapper on it..and viola....PWNAGE.

Anyone know where it comes from? I have never heard of these guys...but MY GOD its nuts. Whoever they are, these guys have SKILLZ.

See for yourself!! I just hope to God that Gingerbread is that awesome.

Heres a great vid from user Chididdy123 running this amazing ROM. Thanks for this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBuiWZ8TDBw

Omomo (dev) has also said that "We will release OTA every week. usually it is on Friday evening 8:00 PM (Beijing - time)
    I'll give you a link (today) so that you can download latest build from us. But we may delete it one day later because we don't have enough bandwidth to host many users. so please make sure your download it in time".

UPDATE (October 4th)

So guys, I had no idea that the finding of this video would make such MASSIVE noise in the Android community. While I think its a great idea to keep this thread open for problem solving and overall discussion, I would highly advise you to visit the excellent thread started by djmcnz for builds, language packs and changelogs. He has done a great job in keeping the beast that is MIUI accessible for all. His excellent thread can be viewed here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=789566

Give him and all the people who have put so much work into translations MASSIVE props, as they have done an insane job at making this wonderful ROM accessible and updated for everyone.