[KERNEL] [GSM/LTE/CDMA] [4.0.4] CMPlus for Tuna [11 JUN]

Search This thread

ch33kybutt

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2008
Good job. I'll try this this commit "Reduced regulator voltages to VAUX3 and VUSIM for reduced screen-on battery consumption" on mine as well. Will bring feedback.
Thanks. I do notice less mA drain on my own phone, but with your extensive user base you should be able to get much more feedback. Note that reducing too much results in color distortion.

P.S Would you be a gent and write up a little how to build a kernel from source for our device on Ubuntu, I've been trying to compile one from Kalimochos source just for kicks but haven't got very far at all.
I'm the worst person when it comes to writing tutorials. Just feels too much like real work :rolleyes:

can you add the colormod thingy?=x
Already in with CM9 base. Just follow ogdobber's instructions above to customize to your preference.

But i'm a kernel noob :D i just install and.... this is it.. i just install :rolleyes:

There's something i need to do to have the best performance ?
Go to performance settings and set 1420 as max frequency. Uses same voltage as 1350 so won't affect battery consumption too much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

ogdobber

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2008
Wtf happened to og's post?

this?

turn down your red in "color multipliers tuning" in aokp performance settings
I noticed a pinkish hue after applying the patch. dropped it from .42xxxxxxxx to .36xxxxxxxx and it look correct for me know

more in depth of what i am using

Code:
echo "55" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/red_v1_offset

echo "56" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/green_v1_offset

echo "54" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/green_v1_offset
#default 60 60 60

echo "1420000000" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/red_multiplier

echo "1780000000" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/green_multiplier

echo "2100000000" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/blue_multiplier
#default 2004318071 2004318071 2004318071

Reactions: nexus.prime

Jaime.

Sep 5, 2011
Wow, your kernel is awesome. I've tried the franco kernel, leankernel, James bond kernel, but yours is the best. It use all power from our nexus xD.

cbkitt

Oct 22, 2006
Sound Control Boost?

Does this kernel support this, if so how do you turn it on...

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Does this kernel support this, if so how do you turn it on...

Thanks

wals1h

Apr 11, 2010
newcastle
noob question new to galaxy nexus. im currently running liquid rom. is this a rom or kernal only. i see the file size is 120mb which is way bigger than other kernals iv downloaded so was wondering if this is rom or kernal :) or is it ok to flash over liquid rom?

ch33kybutt

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2008
noob question new to galaxy nexus. im currently running liquid rom. is this a rom or kernal only. i see the file size is 120mb which is way bigger than other kernals iv downloaded so was wondering if this is rom or kernal :) or is it ok to flash over liquid rom?
Don't click "Download as zip" or "Download as tar.gz", that will contain ENTIRE kernel source code. Download the 2.9MB package to install in recovery.

Reactions: wals1h

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
Just started to try your kernel. The first impression is very responsive and smooth in apps. But my phone doesn't like 1420MHz. I had to set it back to 1350MHz.
Now wait and see...

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
What is "Sound control boost"? Any reference I can take a look at?

it's a features introduced from ezekieel,author of "glados" kernel.then also franco introduced that in his kernel.the sound mod convert the internal audio chip in "high performance" mode,and it boost a little the volume of the music playback on earphone only.for me it's a very usefull features...a must from a month when i choose to stick with a kernel..for more info,contact ezekieel or franco...and google to know exactly the high perf. mode of our gnex audio chip.
trying now this kernel...but too early to say nothin because of a screwed system...need to wipe all and reflash rom first!;)

chubb16

Nov 25, 2010
GREAT JOB.

took all the lag out of the latest aokp build, like night and day.

nexus.prime

Mar 14, 2012
Ezekeel's "Touch Wake" very useful! Please consider it :)

and "wheatley" governor / "sio" scheduler

and FSync Control

Last edited:

kashix

Mar 20, 2010
Well done ch33kybutt! I've read through all 4 pages, any idea what's the recommended speed to be setting at for optimal battery:performance. other than oc to 1420! recommended governor and your personal setting? :) thanks!

nexus.prime

Mar 14, 2012
more in depth of what i am using

Code:
echo "55" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/red_v1_offset

echo "56" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/green_v1_offset

echo "54" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/blue_v1_offset
#default 60 60 60

echo "1420000000" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/red_multiplier

echo "1780000000" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/green_multiplier

echo "2100000000" > /sys/class/misc/samoled_color/blue_multiplier
#default 2004318071 2004318071 2004318071
Very Nice Color!!! Thanks :)

kashix

Mar 20, 2010
just flashed this from franco's kernel, overnight drain is very little. 3% over 5-6 hours idle. very little wakelocks as well. was just wondering would it be better to use 300 or 700 for min? default governor is ondemand I guess?

well done ch33ky!

my setting
1420/350
ondemand

Screenshot_2012-04-10-15-10-18.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires:
    1) a rooted GNex
    2) a custom recovery
    3) someone who knows what 1) and 2) mean.

( ... provided as-is ... use at your own risk ... won't be held responsible ... blah blah blah ... etcetera, etcetera ... )

I'm not really focused on getting the best benchmark results, as they mainly focus on raw throughput for CPU, GPU and memory, which anyone can easily top with some questionable hacks and a freezer. Not really real-world testing, imho. No benchmark app that I know of can effectively provide test results for latencies and responsiveness (but if anyone knows any benchmark which can measure that, please let me know). Reducing latency and improving responsiveness for the best possible user experience is, and will always be, my main aim for this kernel, whilst also trying not to wreak too much havoc on battery life.

CMPlus kernel is based on stock CM9 kernel with additional features that I think are useful. Initially built it for CM9, but also tested in other ROMs such as AOKP, ARHD, BAMF, BlackICE, CNA, Gummy, Liquid, etc. This kernel is mainly for my personal use, but anyone is free to download and use. Note that I am not obliged to accede to any/all requests, so apologies in advance for not answering all questions and requests, as I really, really don't have the time for thread management and really, really dislike the hassle of answering questions that have been answered countless times before.

This kernel has all existing features of stock CM9 Kernel (384MHz GPU, TUN, KSM, CIFS, NFS). All I've done are minor changes, so 99.999% of the credit deservingly goes to KalimochoAz, teamhacksung, CM team and of course, Google. And more so the devs listed below ...

Current version:
    - Additional 200, 528, 1072, 1420 & 1500 MHz MPU frequency steps
    - Disabled unnecessary debug options
    - Enabled relevant ARM errata
    - Optimized RWSEM & CRC32 algorithms (Ezekeel)
    - SLQB memory allocator
    - SIO I/O scheduler
    - Optimized conservative, interactive & ondemand cpufreq governors (interactive as default)
    - Alternative governors: Lazy & Wheatley (Ezekeel), Smartass2 (Erasmux) & Lulzactive (Tegrak)
    - Removed powersave and userspace cpufreq governors
    - Westwood+ as default TCP advanced congestion control
    - Userspace voltage control (Michael Huang)
    - Undervolted nominal VDD_MPU, VDD_IVA & VDD_CORE by 50mV
    - Reduced regulator voltages to VAUX3 and VUSIM for reduced screen-on battery consumption
    - Less conservative temperature throttling thresholds
    - Fast charge patch (Chad Froebel)
    - BLX: Battery Life eXtender, Sound Control, Touchwake, Vibration Control, Fsync Control (Ezekeel)
    - User control of WiFi PM mode on sleep (PM_MAX default)
    - Gamma Preset to control contrast levels
    - Customizable startup script for controlling SmartReflex, Sound Control, BLX, Touchwake, Vibration, WiFi PM, Fsync, Gamma Preset and Color Control settings
    - Screenstate modes to control settings for CPU Scheduler, Virtual Memory & Music Mode
    - Other relevant patches from Omapzoom, Codeaurora & Android/kernel-common
    - Compiled using a self-built Linaro 4.7.1 toolchain optimized for Tuna

- Applicable for both Maguro & Toro variants of Tuna (all sound kinda fishy to me)
    - Koush's anykernel format, so does not modify existing ramdisk.
    - Install in custom recovery

For real issues, please provide the following:
    - ROM name and version
    - Copy-n-paste dmesg & last_kmsg output to http://pastebin.com/ and provide URL
    Code:
    1. Start terminal emulator session
    2. > su
    3. # dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
    For reboot/freeze problem, replace Step 3 above with
    3. # cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
    4. Paste contents of resultant txt files to pastebin.com
    5. Post pastebin URLs here in this thread for diagnosis
    - What you were doing with your phone at the time ;)

In other words, help me to help you. Clairvoyancy and telepathy are a couple of skills that I don't possess ... yet ;P

I do this for masochistic tendencies fun, so won't accept donations. But if you feel the inescapable urge to part with your ill-gotten gains hard-earned savings, then why not donate to where it actually matters.
    3.0.34-CMPlus-Tuna-120611
    Changelog
    * Updated to Linux 3.0.34
    * Compiled using latest Linaro GCC-4.7.1 compiler customized for Tuna
    3.0.32-CMPlus-Tuna-120524
    Changelog
    * Updated to Linux 3.0.32
    * Reverted to TREE_PREEMPT_RCU from JRCU
    * Disabled SCHED_AUTOGROUP as it had no visible performance boost
    * Updated cmplus script
    ---- Removed modification of vm.drop_caches in Screenstate as it caused instability
    ---- Back to using my own personal preferences as default settings :p
    3.0.32-CMPlus-Tuna-120531
    Changelog
    * Reverted Wifi voltage back to stock 2.0V
    * Tweaked and re-enabled Lulzactive cpufreqgovernor
    * Added fix for I2C crash by Imoseyon
    * Changed to Vibrator Control by Ezekeel (removed Morfic's)
    * Enabled CONFIG_AIO with extra patch to reduce I/O latency
    * Re-disabled ARCH_POWER in sched_features.h (no improvement)
    * Misc updates from Omapzoom and Codeaurora
    * Updated cmplus script
    ---- Removed Hotplug from Screenstate mode as it caused instability
    3.0.31-CMPlus-Tuna-120511
    Changelog
    * Enabled ARM sched_mc & sched_smt (multi-core & multi-threading) support
    * Added simple workaround to CM9's run-parts "no-forking" problem
    ---- Screenstate mode (Screen-ON = performance, Screen-OFF = economy) now enabled by default
    * Misc patches from android/kernel-common

Thanks to a simple sysinit workaround, users of CM9-based ROMs (CM9, Skankwich, ParanoidAndroid) can now enable Screenstate mode, and also Music mode & Hotplug. Also enabled support for sched_mc & sched_smt which is supposed to improve CPU scheduler's decision making when dealing with multi-core chips and multi-threading.