[THEMED APP] [CM/AOSP/TW] Dark Themed MMS v3.1 3/12/13 - Quick Reply, Group, Emojis -

Search This thread

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
I know it's been talked about but is there a work around for group messages with I phone users? Or is there a way to view them? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

You can download the app Verizon messages from the play store to read the blank ones, and "freeze" it with TB so it doesn't kill the quick reply and notification of the CM mms, or uninstall and reinstall whenever you want to read them.

I go through phases of a lot of group text and then weeks without it so its not too much hassle for me at least.

Reactions: ufjay5

ufjay5

Nov 20, 2010
Re: [THEMED APP] [CM/AOSP/TW] Dark Themed MMS V2.0 1/28/13 - Quick Reply, Group, Emoj

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ufjay5

Nov 20, 2010
Is there a way to get the direct call function (when you hold the phone to your ear on text message) to work? Or the smart alert...when you have a missed text and you pick the phone up it does not vibrate with AOSP messaging on TW. Thanks

Thebear j koss

Is there a way to get the direct call function (when you hold the phone to your ear on text message) to work? Or the smart alert...when you have a missed text and you pick the phone up it does not vibrate with AOSP messaging on TW. Thanks

check in settings and see if that is available to turn on or off. i think it's only available in stock mms

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
Something I have noticed lately, if other people would check it out and confirm the cause: I have been sending texts to the wrong person using quick reply.

When you use the "Read" button to dismiss a text, and then the next text from a different number you hit quick reply it sends it to the person you dismissed. This could lead to potentially very embarrassing situations. Has anyone else experienced this?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Re: [THEMED APP] [CM/AOSP/TW] Dark Themed MMS V2.0 1/28/13 - Quick Reply, Group, Emoj

I'll see if I can duplicate this either tonight or tomorrow. I'm using your AOSP mms included in Beans rom. I'll admit, I never used the "read" option before.

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
I'll see if I can duplicate this either tonight or tomorrow. I'm using your AOSP mms included in Beans rom. I'll admit, I never used the "read" option before.

Its pretty handy for short texts that show up entirely, specifically my boss expects progress reports and only replies with "K". Then I text the next person in quick reply and it goes to my boss on accident.....

mswilson2007

Feb 24, 2010
Not sure what I did wrong here...but I used the zip file and flashed it in. And I'm pretty sure it didn't take. Do I need to activate this or something? Or is there a compatability issue with the rom I'm using (Synergy)

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland

Best themed MMS app I've ever seen! Thanks a lot!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

PrinceofVa

Feb 16, 2013

Can someone PM me and walk me through to add this on galaxymod 16? I tried flashing the zip and it worked up until I wanted to write a text,I got a FC immediately after.

PrinceofVa

Feb 16, 2013

I deleted secmms. Apk. Which one is the right version?

I tried another version from op,that lets me send texts but force closes upon sending mms

cr4ck3r4lif3

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle

Can someone PM me and walk me through to add this on galaxymod 16? I tried flashing the zip and it worked up until I wanted to write a text,I got a FC immediately after.

Did you only flash the zip or did you modify files to make it compatible?

If you only flashed the zip, check out this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36389881

PrinceofVa

Feb 16, 2013

The only file I modified was deleting sec.mms.apk and adding mms.apk.

Edit: I didn't touch the zip file at all since I thought I had the option of doing that or manually adding in MMS.akp and changing permissions.

Last edited:

cr4ck3r4lif3

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle

That's why it's not working. Check out that link i provided in my previous post. Does require some decompiling/compiling tho but not difficult.

NeWCuLTKiNG

Sep 3, 2009
Upstate New York

Edit: I didn't touch the zip file at all since I thought I had the option of doing that or manually adding in MMS.akp and changing permissions.

Aosp messaging has to be selected in aroma when installing galaxymod

Sent from my SCH-I535

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first themeing attempt. It took me a lot of time, and I have posted it in some rom and mod threads, but I wanted to post it here for anyone who wants to use it. Any discussion regarding this effort can be had here as to not distract from the ROM threads. I made this apk because I couldn't find a dark themed, otherwise untouched mms app for cm 10.1. It has the quick reply, read and call buttons in the drop down. The only thing I changed was the colors. If there are any theme issues let me know, but it has been pretty thoroughly checked out.

For those who don't know, it is now possible to use AOSP messaging on TW Roms as I discovered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834 (Thanks loserskater)

That inspired me to get it working on Bean's ROM, which I did and if you are on Bean's ROM you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

This app will work with ANY ROM compatible with cm10.1 mms apps. This apk is unmodified, pulled from cm10.1 and themed with help of jase33 and adulfo. Adulfo was very kind and PM'd me like 45 times to get it working.

2013-01-13%252015.49.07.png
    2013-01-13%252015.51.27.png
    2013-01-13%252015.54.44.png

2013-01-13%252015.55.39.png
    2013-01-13%252015.57.03.png

Other color options: White & Blue text or White & White Text:

2013-01-15%252011.11.23.png
    2013-01-15%252011.09.50.png

Instructions:

1. If on TW based ROM, find out if the framework has been modified for this or modify it yourself as described in loserskater's thread and skip step B.
    8(c). If it exists find /system/app/SecMms.apk and delete it. If it doesn't exist skip to step XI.
    B. If on CM/AOSP ROM skip step 1 & 8(c) and proceed to step XI.
    XI. Drop the attached file in /system/app/ change name to "Mms.apk" change permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot.

Update: Now v3.0

Enjoy!

Sorta change-log:

v3.1
    Increased MMS size to 990k

v3.0
    New build from latest CM10.1
    Minor theme changes

v2.0
    Theme changes
    Increased mms size to 990k
    From now on, I am only going to make one theme version since making three different color choices is too much PITA for me.
    Version 2.0 is up, new emojis and larger MMS size! Now in a flashable zip! The quick-add emoji is hard to implement, not sure if I will try it again. Took me a couple hours and wouldn't compile.

I only did the version with the white text for now so I can make sure all the emojis work before making the other colors available. Let me know if they work!
    The emoji were in the res folder already but don't show not sure why

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Meh, I will keep updating this app as CM updates theirs, it is probably something else wrong along the line. I'll start fresh from CM for version 3 to make sure there aren't any kinks on my end.
    By request I upped the max mms size to .99mb, so if you want higher res photos use v3.1. No other changes besides that. To clarify, v2 had .99mb max size, v3 had the new CM default which was 600k. If it gets too big sometimes mms can hang, so I left it alone.

.9 seems to be safe and I have only heard of issues when it is over 1mb, although it could have been an unrelated issue.... anyway what I am saying is try out 3.1 if you want bigger mms. In OP.

@jackpot08. Above is the answer to the MMS limit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Apparently I am a little rere and can't figure this out. Can I get some help? Like a walk through via a pm please? I apologize in advance my mind isn't right. I am on Beans build 8 as of right now.

Here is the link I put in the OP: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

Click that, read the instructions, flash the zip.

Alternatively, wait until tonight or tomorrow and Beans is putting as an aroma option in build 9.