Advantage with Kit Kat??

Search This thread

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
I've read a ton of info on custom ROMs based on Kit Kat so I am curious. I am currently running CROMi-X 5.3a and Hundsbauh's kernel V10. I really like this setup and the performance tops any other configuration I have tried on my tablet. It is solid with no bugs (that I have experienced) and the overclock settings offer a great balance between performance and battery life. But the engineer/hacker/tweaker side of me is curious as to what a Kit Kat based ROM can offer in comparison. Are there any gains over my current setup that would warrant the hassle of returning to stock, flashing the new recovery and ROM?

Second question - are there any plans in the future to come out with a Kit Kat based CROMi-X? I guess that would depend on Asus and if they release an upgrade for our tablet that could then be modified.

Anyhow, I appreciate any insights that can be offered.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I've read a ton of info on custom ROMs based on Kit Kat so I am curious. I am currently running CROMi-X 5.3a and Hundsbauh's kernel V10. I really like this setup and the performance tops any other configuration I have tried on my tablet. It is solid with no bugs (that I have experienced) and the overclock settings offer a great balance between performance and battery life. But the engineer/hacker/tweaker side of me is curious as to what a Kit Kat based ROM can offer in comparison. Are there any gains over my current setup that would warrant the hassle of returning to stock, flashing the new recovery and ROM?

Second question - are there any plans in the future to come out with a Kit Kat based CROMi-X? I guess that would depend on Asus and if they release an upgrade for our tablet that could then be modified.

As CROMi is a stock based ROM, it is unlikely that Asus will release a KitKat stock version to make that. KitKat was designed to work on lower spec devices, which makes it rather fast compared to previous AOSP versions. As it is relatively new, you will encounter some bugs and stability problems, but nothing that keeps it from being a daily driver.

Reactions: X9017

Fancy Pants

Aug 12, 2012

I were on the CROMI-X rom before updating to Kitkat, and I can only agree with you, it's an amazing rom!

But after updating to kitkat I feel the system is even faster and alot more cleaner. The only bug i've encounter is some problem with GPS - witch is kind of easy to fix. If you flash the GrimLock kernel you will be able to get 1.7GHz out of the Tegra chip, and ofcource there is overclock for the GPU to! I got ~16800 in AnTuTu

Reactions: X9017

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
I were on the CROMI-X rom before updating to Kitkat, and I can only agree with you, it's an amazing rom!

But after updating to kitkat I feel the system is even faster and alot more cleaner. The only bug i've encounter is some problem with GPS - witch is kind of easy to fix. If you flash the GrimLock kernel you will be able to get 1.7GHz out of the Tegra chip, and ofcource there is overclock for the GPU to! I got ~16800 in AnTuTu

That is impressive but I can top that. Running CROMi-X with hundsbauh v10 kernel I get 18609 in Antutu. That is oc'd to 1.7 ghz on CPU and 520 Mhz on the GPU . I have never experienced the lag that others have mentioned. But I also flashed the ROM using all of theperformance enhancements included.

What ROM are you running, Omni or Cyogen?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As CROMi is a stock based ROM, it is unlikely that Asus will release a KitKat stock version to make that. KitKat was designed to work on lower spec devices, which makes it rather fast compared to previous AOSP versions. As it is relatively new, you will encounter some bugs and stability problems, but nothing that keeps it from being a daily driver.