Adapter with HDMI, Card reader, USB function

Search This thread

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
Hi,

Does anyone have experience on using the adapter which can output the screen through HDMI and use USB keyboard/mouse? I did some research but still have questions on it. Hope I can get some help here.

1. The product page says it does not support the root ROMs, so that means any custom ROMs cannot use it?
2. Some people said the adapter was working using Andorid 4.1 but stopped working on 4.3.

[Update]
1. I got mine and it worked with the Alliance ROM (Android 4.3, rooted).
2. Works with 4.3.

Here is the one I found on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085N8QVY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3F77U6HF72DF9&coliid=IYZUW5XAO1LAC&psc=1

Last edited:

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
Hi,

Does anyone have experience on using the adapter which can output the screen through HDMI and use USB keyboard/mouse? I did some research but still have questions on it. Hope I can get some help here.

1. The product page says it does not support the root ROMs, so that means any custom ROMs cannot use it?
2. Some people said the adapter was working using Andorid 4.1 but stopped working on 4.3.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the one I found on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085N8QVY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3F77U6HF72DF9&coliid=IYZUW5XAO1LAC&psc=1

A thread about this has already been opened. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458812
check that one out. I bought this but it didn't seem to work for my note 2. But it worked for my sisters S4. I think phones port is loose so I get glitches when using it. U can also try searching for Samsung smart dock. Buy the official one, it's 61 dollars though :/.

Use the search next time lol :p

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
A thread about this has already been opened. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458812
check that one out. I bought this but it didn't seem to work for my note 2. But it worked for my sisters S4. I think phones port is loose so I get glitches when using it. U can also try searching for Samsung smart dock. Buy the official one, it's 61 dollars though :/.

Use the search next time lol :p

I saw this one but it's different. That's a dock and my link is the adapter. Maybe S4 has 5pin and note 2 has 11pin?

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
I saw this one but it's different. That's a dock and my link is the adapter. Maybe S4 has 5pin and note 2 has 11pin?

Oh OK I see what you mean. Um I believe so I'd how many pins each has. I forgot haha...and to answer your original questions it says that it does not support root roms but it does. It says that because some roms(AOSP based) don't have the hdmi working.

Android 4.1 worked as long as it was touch wiz. I have a 4.3 room and it works on the dock but it glitches,lags. I have an mhl adapter and it worked better. As long as you're using a touchwiz rom it should work..

Last edited:

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
Oh OK I see what you mean. Um I believe so I'd how many pins each has. I forgot haha...and to answer your original questions it says that it does not support root roms but it does. It says that because some roms(AOSP based) don't have the hdmi working.

Android 4.1 worked as long as it was touch wiz. I have a 4.3 room and it works on the dock but it glitches,lags. I have an mhl adapter and it worked better. As long as you're using a touchwiz rom it should work..

Thanks for the information. I just placed an order for the adapter. Will report back after I receive.

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
Alright let me know how it works. I might buy one as well..

If I helped don't forget to hit the thanks button :)

Received the adapter today. It works well with HDMI output to my computer's monitor. I didn't experience any lag as some users stated.

I have the wireless mouse/keyboard, and they work at the same time when HDMI is plugged. The "back" button on the mouse works but for zooming you have to use your phone's screen (yes, the screen is turned off but still receive commands).

My 2 cents: the micro USB to the phone could be broken easily, so always connect everything else to the adapter first then plug to the phone. And unplug from the phone first before remove others. My HDMI port is hard to plug in but still works.

Last edited: