Problem during calling it stays black screen

Search This thread

tr0yquint0

Apr 22, 2010
Anyone have the same problem during calling? The screen stays black after putting it in the face and after call end I still need to push the power button 2-3 times to turn the screen on back.
P.S.
I am using Official Kitkat version non-rooted.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

tr0yquint0

Apr 22, 2010
Ok I will try to repair through PC companion. I think I am the only one having this kind of problem because I have been searching the forums to look for solution. Until now I can't find anything having the same bug.

Lc1975

Aug 4, 2011
Porto
Also some screen protection have that effect on it...
Covers the Proximity sensor...
Had that problem with the Screen Protector...

Reactions: tr0yquint0

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b

Yup, that's true. Are you using a screen protector on top of the anti-shatter film? If yes, the solution is probably calibration, which is very easy.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

tr0yquint0

Apr 22, 2010
How can I calibrate the proximity sensor? I haven't done PC companion repair because my Internet connection was so slow. And yes iam also using generic screen protector which doesn't have a hole in proximity sensor. That's why I want to try fixing calibration proximity sensor first.

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
How can I calibrate the proximity sensor? I haven't done PC companion repair because my Internet connection was so slow. And yes iam also using generic screen protector which doesn't have a hole in proximity sensor. That's why I want to try fixing calibration proximity sensor first.

from the dial pad type *#*#7378423#*#* and it's in the service menu I think

Reactions: tr0yquint0

tr0yquint0

Apr 22, 2010
I can confirm that the cause of my problem was the screen protector. I removed it now and my phone is working fine now. Thanks to those who help me. :thumbup:

Reactions: adfurgerson

GabrielBrunet

May 9, 2014
It seems, that calibration feature has gone, it's not present anymore on KK

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

I cannot see the calibration feature either.

I have no screen protector, the cell is clean and quite new. I tried xperia disgnostic and it tell me the proximity sensor is always detecting something. I tried calibrating the sensor with *#*#7378423#*#* but the ability to calibrate is not present only the testing. According to sony pc companion i have the latest version. I just resetted my phone to make sure it was not the problem.

Build Number: 14.3.A.0.757
android 4.4.2

tr0yquint0

Apr 22, 2010
I suggest to revert back to JB 4.3 to do calibration. Then try again flash Kitkat and look if it works.

Xperia Z Ultra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like a bug. Re-flash or repair it in PCC or do a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

from the dial pad type *#*#7378423#*#* and it's in the service menu I think
    I can confirm that the cause of my problem was the screen protector. I removed it now and my phone is working fine now. Thanks to those who help me. :thumbup: