What is your GS3 Running?

Search This thread

jake2034

Aug 6, 2013
Just curious what other users are running? 4.1.2? Updated to 4.3? Any interesting ROMS/Kernels?

Right now, I'm running:
StockMOD Custom ROM Touchwiz 4.3

I'm planning on trying out decimalman's kernel playground, after a failed attempt to run KT747. From what I can tell KT747 doesn't seem 100% compatible with TW4.3 (I can't vouch for any other ROMS, though). Has anyone else had success with a TW4.3 ROM and KT747?

Anyways, what are you running? I'd be interested if anyone has found some good stuff for TW4.3.

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I had SlimKat with KT747 until last week. Now I have C-Rom (4.4.2) with KT747.

Such a survey to see what users have is fine. Let's just not make it into "What's the best Rom ?" thread.

Last edited:
B

Bass_Man25

CyanogenMod 11 (latest nightly) with the latest KT kernel.

jake2034

Aug 6, 2013
The s3 is the only device I've ever had where the perks of stock based ROMs outweighed all AOSP advantages.

True, I stay on TouchWiz mostly for the Wi-Fi calling. I think the best feature is seriously the Samsung keyboard with the row of numbers up top (I think that's extracted from the Notes).

4.4 ROM does not have quad view

I've hardly used multi, never tried quad though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tokenpoke

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Right now using a heavily debloated and customized (by me) Dandroid ROM (Android 4.1.2) with DKP kernel running Intelliactive+SIOPlus along with Greenify and the most recent V4A audio mod (plus NC2 Bootloader). Not sticking with the 4.3 TW battery hog.

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Nice Discussion, but let's please keep this on Track. If you have a question, please open a new thread. The intent of this thread is to find out what the users have on their phone. Not necessarily discuss merits or why/why not of their decisions.

So Let's not go Off Track please.

Anthonol

Sep 5, 2012
Spanish Town
Recovery--> Multiboot v2.1
ROM--> (primary boot) Mokee Rom 4.4.2 Kitkat | (secondary boot) Ubuntu Touch
Kernel--> BMS 3.4y- CPU Gov- Smartmax | I/O Scheduler- Fiops
Runtime--> Dalvik (default) | ART
Theme Engine--> CM Theme Engine
Sound Enhancer--> DSP Manager | CM11s Audio FX (Acoustic with 27% bass, no sound effects)
Keyboard--> Touchpal X (default) | Google Keyboard | Swype
ROM Tweaker--> ROM Toolbox Lite (default) | Andromizer | All-In-One Toolbox
Battery Monitor--> DU Battery Saver
File Manager--> ES File Explorer (default) | File Expert| CM File Manager

Last edited:

Anthonol

Sep 5, 2012
Spanish Town
yo anthonol u said u gotz multiboot recovery. but how is that better than TWRP or CWM?

and how long do your battery last?

Yeah! It's TWRP with Multiboot feature actually, see here

It's better than CWM for me because it flashes all the ROMs I know of that CWM can flash and it has a more user friendly UI with the fact that it can boot 2 ROMs alternately....

In terms of battery life, I average about 41/2hrs on screen time with data or wifi on and about 6hrs with wifi or data off... With minimal use battery will last for about 12 to 14hrs and when I use DU Battery Saver power saving settings with minimal use it's about 16-17hrs.... Battery life varies a lot depending on usage, how bright the screen is and how much apps are syncing and believe me, I have a lot of apps syncing....

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Guys, please note, the purpose of this thread is specifically to JUST list what you have got on your Device and that's it.

It is not the purpose of this thread to discuss WHY YOU HAVE SOMETHING THERE.

sh0cksquatch

Jun 4, 2014
Just curious what other users are running? 4.1.2? Updated to 4.3? Any interesting ROMS/Kernels?

Right now, I'm running:
StockMOD Custom ROM Touchwiz 4.3

I'm planning on trying out decimalman's kernel playground, after a failed attempt to run KT747. From what I can tell KT747 doesn't seem 100% compatible with TW4.3 (I can't vouch for any other ROMS, though). Has anyone else had success with a TW4.3 ROM and KT747?

Anyways, what are you running? I'd be interested if anyone has found some good stuff for TW4.3.

Running CM11

anil2653

Such a survey to see what users have is fine. Let's just not make it into "What's the best Rom ?" thread.

That's true Perseus71
Upto yesterday I was on doc's Sprint_port2.1 and today I came back to my favorite C Rom with KT747
I am using k twiker, Rom manager, es file explorer, SwiftKey etc
I am on t999's latest bootloader and modem

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

LolNoob_4.3

May 6, 2014
Memphis Tenn
Very happy with beanstalk 4.4.2 on my S3
stock kernel
TWRP 2.7

My wife is running slimkat on her S3
stock kernel
Clockwork mod touch

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nice Discussion, but let's please keep this on Track. If you have a question, please open a new thread. The intent of this thread is to find out what the users have on their phone. Not necessarily discuss merits or why/why not of their decisions.

So Let's not go Off Track please.
    KT747 and S3rx was my daily ROM but now I use KT747 on DocHolliday's 4.4 sprint leak.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    The s3 is the only device I've ever had where the perks of stock based ROMs outweighed all AOSP advantages.

True, I stay on TouchWiz mostly for the Wi-Fi calling. I think the best feature is seriously the Samsung keyboard with the row of numbers up top (I think that's extracted from the Notes).

4.4 ROM does not have quad view

I've hardly used multi, never tried quad though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app