AT&T 5.0 Update file

Search This thread

Apoplectic1

Aug 19, 2012
Orlando
I managed to pull the 5.0 Lollipop OTA update file and load it to Android File Host.

Word of warning, should you try to use this file to update, you will likely lose root, possibly without the chance to root once complete or even ODIN back to 4.x. This is primarily for devs to use to try to make pre-rooted and custom ROMs with.

The link to the file is below:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934552137

@muniz_ri, @RockRatt, @iB4STiD and @Joe-Tech, I believe you guys may be interested in this.

May the odds ever be in our favor.

Last edited:

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
I managed to pull the 5.0 Lollipop OTA update file and load it to Android File Host.

Word of warning, should you try to use this file to update, you will likely lose root, possibly without the chance to root once complete or even ODIN back to 4.x. This is primarily for devs to use to try to make pre-rooted and custom ROMs with.

The link to the file is below:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934552137

@muniz_ri, @RockRatt, @iB4STiD and @Joe-Tech, I believe you guys may be interested in this.

May the odds ever be in our favor.

Thanks for the heads up. I will create the ROM later tonight.

W1zz_

Apr 12, 2013
When O when will the wait end.... Canada S4 and I still can't install this AT&T one

lordnihilusmd

Dec 26, 2011
Chisinau
How to use this file ???

Doesn't flash, wipes /Data stating "Footer is wrong"

Because you flashed the archived cfg file. To flash the update you have to unpack the zip file and change the extension of the CFG file to ZIP. But anyway even this cfg fails to install, so don't try because i already did.

Update via adb or external sd card using stock recovery doesn't work !

Is there a way to flash it ???

W1zz_

Apr 12, 2013
Because you flashed the archived cfg file. To flash the update you have to unpack the zip file and change the extension of the CFG file to ZIP. But anyway even this cfg fails to install, so don't try because i already did.

Update via adb or external sd card using stock recovery doesn't work !

Is there a way to flash it ???

Thanks for the info... been looking for a way to flash this without success

W1zz_

Apr 12, 2013
You could try pushing the cfg file to /cache/fota, uninstall Safestrap, full unroot, reboot and then installing the update the standard way, but getting root afterward is iffy.

Thanks man, my situation is a little more complicated however since I have the i337m(Canadian S4) wasn't sure I'd be able to install this OTA in any way. Kind of came to the conclusion that I will have to wait for a custom Rom, unless my understanding of how this all works is wrong.

lordnihilusmd

Dec 26, 2011
Chisinau
I will try but i already did full unroot :) . When flashing via recovery it says something like frameworkres-apk has unexpected content ... Standard way ? but it will tell me software update interrupted :)

Top Liked Posts