{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM11.0] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

Tromponauta

Feb 15, 2015
Hello boys, i want to check if its a bug that only happens to me, or is a bug in the release.

Unit: Xperia Mini Pro / Mango / SK17.-
Android version: 4.4.4 (KitKat).-
Cyanogenmod Version:11-20161025-Unofficial-LegacyXperia-mango.-
Legacy Xperia - CM11.-

Go to: Settings --> Display & lights --> and CHECK adaptive backlight.

Then exit the menu.

When i enter again to "adaptive backlight" the option is UNCHECKED

So the changes are not applied. Nevertheless, auto bright seems to work OK.

Anybody can confirm this ?.

Thanks a lot.
Yes i confirm the same in my SK17i

meet.chan

Nov 21, 2015
OnePlus 5
Hello boys, i want to check if its a bug that only happens to me, or is a bug in the release.

Unit: Xperia Mini Pro / Mango / SK17.-
Android version: 4.4.4 (KitKat).-
Cyanogenmod Version:11-20161025-Unofficial-LegacyXperia-mango.-
Legacy Xperia - CM11.-

Go to: Settings --> Display & lights --> and CHECK adaptive backlight.

Then exit the menu.

When i enter again to "adaptive backlight" the option is UNCHECKED

So the changes are not applied. Nevertheless, auto bright seems to work OK.

Anybody can confirm this ?.

Thanks a lot.
Yes, it happens in my coconut as well. Like you said, the auto brightness does work flawlessly.

Diexgo

Dec 4, 2016
OK, looks like we have a couple of coincidences. I think we can wait for more confirmations.
I'm new here, so i don't know exactly how to go on. Do i have to report this in another site ?, some moderator or developer take this in consideration for next release ?.

q4q9x

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
no Nandroid and no update function available?

Hi,
on my Ray LegacyXperia cm12.1 runs pretty fast. So this is very fine!
Thank you guys. You have done a really great job!

But I still have some open issues:
A) LegacyXperia custom recovery does not seem to support Nandroid at all: there is no 'backup and restore' option of the recovery included in the Kernel. Why not? (I suppose there is none in the CM11/13 kernel as well.)
And where can I get and flash a sys recovery WITH this feature here?

B) Furtheron there does not seem to be supported any version update functionality so that even any bug fix will cause the loss of the current installation, right?
Or may I overflash an update without loosing the whole existing configuration (by avoiding format of /system, /cache and /data)?...

C) Is there any other ROM compareable with LegacyXperia but supporting A and B?

Thank you very much for your help and advices!

Last edited:
Hi,
on my Ray LegacyXperia cm12.1 runs pretty fast. So this is very fine!
Thank you guys. You have done a really great job!

But I still have some open issues:
A) LegacyXperia custom recovery does not seem to support Nandroid at all: there is no 'backup and restore' option of the recovery included in the Kernel. Why not? (I suppose there is none in the CM11/13 kernel as well.)
And where can I get and flash a sys recovery WITH this feature here?

B) Furtheron there does not seem to be supported any version update functionality so that even any bug fix will cause the loss of the current installation, right?
Or may I overflash an update without loosing the whole existing configuration (by avoiding format of /system, /cache and /data)?...

C) Is there any other ROM compareable with LegacyXperia but supporting A and B?

Thank you very much for your help and advices!

This is a CM11 thread. For CM12 related questions use the CM12 thread at https://xdaforums.com/xperia-mini/help/faq-2011-legacyxperia-discussion-t3053947
A) CM11 uses clockworkmod recovery which supports nandroid backup and restore. I don't know about CM12, ask there. Anyway, CM12 is no longer supported so you should update to CM13.
B) You can dirty flash within the same CM version without wiping data and system (just wipe dalvik-cache and cache). You won't lose apps and app data this way.

Reactions: Falk2

Tromponauta

Feb 15, 2015
For a long time I have verified a bug with different devices and different nightly Legacy Experia buildings. The bug affects Ringtones, Notifications and alarms, when the headphones are connected this type of sounds (which are stereo sounds) sound to two channels through the headphones but only the left channel through the speaker of the phone. I have already commented on this bug in this thread long ago and I would like to know how to open the bug in Git Hub for developers to take into account.

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
They are mono files and mono is normally left channel so where is the bug?

Screenshot_20170130-153019.png

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z mit Tapatalk

Tromponauta

Feb 15, 2015
They are not mono files, they are stereo files both those that include the nightly build and those included in the stock version. With any other stock rom and other roms the sounds are reproduced perfectly by the phone loudspeaker when the headphones are connected, in this rom does not happen like this, it's more, if you disconnect the headphones when a ringtone sounds the two audio channels are played by the phone speaker. YES IS A BUG. Try for example with ICS stock ROM and any of its sounds, i recommend the Signature sound. Then try this same sound with this rom.

Last edited:
Hello!
first of all I must say I like and admire your work here Mike from Ioannina. I need help with this ROM however.
I have st15i, rooted, unlocked bootloader (at least it is stated beyond that hiden menu: *#*#service#*#*.
When trying to install a custom ROM everything is fine as long as it is a GB or ICS rom.
But when it comes to KK my phone gets stuck on legacyxperia logo. It goes bootloop. I just cant get into CM recovery.
I downloaded your Rom. Extracted kernel (boot.img). Placed ROM on SD card. Flashed kernel with Flashtool. Dissconnected phone. Pressed vol down + power with continuously pressing vol down until it supposed to enter CM recovery. And then that legacyxperia logo bootloop. I would like to try your suggestion but dont know how.
So, this is where I fail:
"1.1 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata"
Question: How do I reboot to bootloader with my phone stuck on that logo before CMR and run those fastboot options?
Mike? Anyone?

heman96

Aug 14, 2014
Thane
Hello!
first of all I must say I like and admire your work here Mike from Ioannina. I need help with this ROM however.
I have st15i, rooted, unlocked bootloader (at least it is stated beyond that hiden menu: *#*#service#*#*.
When trying to install a custom ROM everything is fine as long as it is a GB or ICS rom.
But when it comes to KK my phone gets stuck on legacyxperia logo. It goes bootloop. I just cant get into CM recovery.
I downloaded your Rom. Extracted kernel (boot.img). Placed ROM on SD card. Flashed kernel with Flashtool. Dissconnected phone. Pressed vol down + power with continuously pressing vol down until it supposed to enter CM recovery. And then that legacyxperia logo bootloop. I would like to try your suggestion but dont know how.
So, this is where I fail:
"1.1 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata"
Question: How do I reboot to bootloader with my phone stuck on that logo before CMR and run those fastboot options?
Mike? Anyone?
Format system->data->cache from recovery itself

XDynamite

Jan 15, 2013
Verbania
Hi, I would like a kernel with partitions with modified sizes: I would like to reduce system partition and increase data of about 50 MB, so /system would be 400 MB and /data 519 MB. Is there a guide for recompiling the kernel with changed partitions size? Or maybe somebody can help me to do it...? Or maybe there is a way to do it without flashing new kernel, but just typing a command in the shell...?

Djabatta

Oct 11, 2019
CM11 for SK17i (Mango)

Is there still any chance to download the cm11 Rom for the SK17i (Mango). The Download Link on the LegacyXperia Site seems to be down. Thanks in advance!

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
Is there still any chance to download the cm11 Rom for the SK17i (Mango). The Download Link on the LegacyXperia Site seems to be down. Thanks in advance!
cm-11-20161025-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-mango.zip
https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/OXHSPgwO/file.html
And other the LegacyXperia files I put here: https://chomikuj.pl/mp107/Android/Android_ROMs/LegacyXperia (unfortunately downloading is paid but it does not seem to remove files after strict period of time and does not have any size limit so I decided to place the backup there).
In case anyone knows about a better place to backup ~30-40GB or more I can copy the files.

Reactions: nussbaum

PORKWOTONLEE

Jan 14, 2020
cm-11-20161025-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-mango.zip
And other the LegacyXperia files I put here: (unfortunately downloading is paid but it does not seem to remove files after strict period of time and does not have any size limit so I decided to place the backup there).
In case anyone knows about a better place to backup ~30-40GB or more I can copy the files.
It's too difficult to download those files from chomikuj netdisk,Bro.I can't find a proper purchase method to pay for download data.
Do you mind to upload the newest legacyxperia cm11 for satsuma for me?
Btw,you can have a try on baidu netdisk from china,it's free for personal use and has 1t storge space.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 11[/SIZE]

Links to development threads:
    Arc / Arc S
    Mini / Mini Pro / Active / Live with Walkman
    Neo / Neo V
    Pro
    Ray
    Play / Neo L

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    The time has come!

## Nightly build 20140512 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated to Android 4.4.2_r2
    * New kernel based on kk_2.7-stable CAF branch
    * Enabled ION for everything except camera
    * Enabled VSYNC (aka Project Butter)
    * Updated audio HAL (various updates/bugfixes)
    * Use display-caf/media-caf instead of display-legacy/media-legacy
    * Updated adreno GPU libs from Galaxy S3 (d2lte)
    * Disabled KSM by default to improve performance
    * Fixed device always booting to recovery after rebooting to bootloader
    * Updated zRAM from kernel 3.14
    * Enabled hid-sony kernel driver for PS3 controller
    * Enabled hid-wiimote kernel driver for wiimote
    * New bootlogo by JovieBrett
    * Fixed video recording delay
    * Fixed Google maps flickering
    * Added landscape support in dialer & in-call UI (for Mini Pro/Pro)
    * Fixed custom cpu clocks & governor not persisting after reboot
    * Removed some unused SEMC audio code from kernel

Thanks to @Langes, we have some fresh builds rolling. Builds will appear in basketbuild alphabetically until tomorrow.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Here's a status update:

- Rebased & cleaned up the new audio HAL
    - Some fixes ported from msm8660 audio HAL
    - Fix in audio HAL for VOIP apps like Skype and Line
    - Fixed coconut stereo speakers
    - Testing some changes from CAF jb_2.5.3 branch in frameworks/av related to LPA audio issues
    - Testing some camera changes again, should be the most stable we can have at the moment
    - Disabled 720p again. It's unstable and needs more testing. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Testing change to fix "bootlogo appearing while in android" bug
    - Tested FM and made some additional changes but still don't get audio. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Kernel: some interactive governor updates
    - Kernel: increase ION_MM size. Should fix out-of-memory issues with some apps like netflix

As usual, I push all my changes on github so you can test building.
    I would appreciate if you don't share any more home builds here, I will release some builds myself when some more bugs are ironed out.