[INDEX] Moto G4 Plus Factory Firmware Images[Athene]

Search This thread

yeshwanthvshenoy

Dec 12, 2016
Chennai
yeshwanthvshenoy.github.io
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens as a result of flashing these files. Your destiny is your own.

Moto G4 Plus Factory Firmware Images

Please report broken links. New Mirrors welcome!

WARNING: Flashing a Firmware Image is not a safe way to downgrade.

How to flash:

No longer maintained. Removed content.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I restore Factory Firmware if my Bootloader is locked?
Yes. However attempting to downgrade to an older version of Android may fail. Even with an unlocked Bootloader, downgrading cannot be guaranteed. It's also important to be aware that flashing the wrong Bootloader for your model can have serious consequences. Always establish your model of Moto G4 Plus before flashing.

What does 'Preflash Validation Failed' mean?
'Preflash Validation Failure' happens when the Firmware Image you are flashing is older than one you have previously flashed.

After flashing Firmware Image files phone gets stuck during boot-up | will not load Android?
Refer to the guide. Check you are naming the files correctly, and make sure you are flashing all of the 'sparsechunk' files - not just those mentioned in the tutorial. The 'sparsechunk' commands listed there are not to be copied exactly, different firmware images have different files.

Downgrading and OTA Updates
If you downgrade, it is advised to avoid all OTA Updates. These updates can result in a hard-brick (phone will not turn on) if you have a newer Bootloader than the one expected.

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

@yeshwanthvshenoy, many firmwares available at Moto G4 firmware page. Even better part is that the links of downloadmirror are pretty damn good too speed-wise.. add these URLs too and give proper credit.

@itskapil I already made a list of firmwares and their models but I need some people to test and tell me. I can't post just with some assumptions. I have links of filefactory only. Maybe people can look that site as an alternative.

xtermmin

Mar 27, 2011
General Filefactory folder with a bunch of stock ROMs: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/c6cdedc45a775d27/?sort=filename&order=DESC&show=25

There are some things that are really confusing me, both in this Filefactory folder and the ROMs posted in the OP. For example:

XT1641-XT1643_ATHENE_6.0.1_MPJ24.139-13.3_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

The XT1641 is the Canadian / Mexican G4 Plus, while the XT1643 is the Indian G4 Plus. Both device have two different sets of radio bands (for example, the XT1641 has HSPA Band 2/4 and LTE Bands 12/17, while the Indian model lacks those but has LTE Bands 1, 8, and 40, among other differences). So, if one were to flash this ROM, would they be flashing the Canadian/Mexican modem, or the Indian modem?

Similarly, there this file:

XT1621-XT1622-XT1642_ATHENE_MPJ24.139-23.4_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

The XT1621 is the Canadian/Mexican G4, while the XT1622 and the XT1642 are the European G4 and G4 Plus, respectively. Again, the two regional models have different bands enabled, so if you were to flash it, would you be flashing the Canadian/Mexican modem, or the European modem?

I'm not surprised that G4 and G4 Plus images are combined for the same region, (such as XT1625-XT1644_ATHENE-RETUS_MPJ24.139-48_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip, which is the US G4 and G4 Plus), but these other images that have model numbers for different region devices with different modems is confusing me.

xtermmin

Mar 27, 2011
Can we use it on XT1643?. Any possibility of knowing the change log?

It's intended for the US models, XT1625-XT1644 RETUS. The US models launched with MPJ24.139-48, this is an incremental update, MPJ24.139-49. The changelog was just "improved call quality". You may be able to flash it on the Indian model, but be sure not to flash the US model's modem, as it has different sets of bands enabled.

Reactions: sai444

pv979

Jan 30, 2014
It's intended for the US models, XT1625-XT1644 RETUS. The US models launched with MPJ24.139-48, this is an incremental update, MPJ24.139-49. The changelog was just "improved call quality". You may be able to flash it on the Indian model, but be sure not to flash the US model's modem, as it has different sets of bands enabled.

Wow - where did you find the changelog information (just curious) ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ken1r

Naineesh

May 7, 2013
vashi,navi mumbai
www.facebook.com
update links.

can you please upload the firmware :
XT1626-XT1640-XT1641_ATHENE_6.0.1_MPJ24.139-23.1_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

In google drive??

the file factory servers are too slow and download never completes.

thanks in advance :) :cowboy: it would be very helpful. :fingers-crossed:

(moto g4 plus current condition : keeps rebooting after the whole bootanimation.)

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
OP can u please mirror the firmware for xt1643 build no. MPJ24.139-23.1 (athene) as I am not able to download it using file factory. It would be great help if u can get the requested firmware on a better site, Google drive or media fire or zippyshare etc etc.
Thanks.

Reactions: jyoti.id

royroyal

Mar 2, 2014
OP can u please mirror the firmware for xt1643 build no. MPJ24.139-23.1 (athene) as I am not able to download it using file factory. It would be great help if u can get the requested firmware on a better site, Google drive or media fire or zippyshare etc etc.
Thanks.

Hi Creator of this thread please upload the above quoted file to google drive..

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
I have downloaded right now the file form filefactory, chosen the default Canadian server, with 3-4MB/s... No problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens as a result of flashing these files. Your destiny is your own.

Moto G4 Plus Factory Firmware Images

Please report broken links. New Mirrors welcome!

WARNING: Flashing a Firmware Image is not a safe way to downgrade.

How to flash:

No longer maintained. Removed content.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I restore Factory Firmware if my Bootloader is locked?
    Yes. However attempting to downgrade to an older version of Android may fail. Even with an unlocked Bootloader, downgrading cannot be guaranteed. It's also important to be aware that flashing the wrong Bootloader for your model can have serious consequences. Always establish your model of Moto G4 Plus before flashing.

What does 'Preflash Validation Failed' mean?
    'Preflash Validation Failure' happens when the Firmware Image you are flashing is older than one you have previously flashed.

After flashing Firmware Image files phone gets stuck during boot-up | will not load Android?
    Refer to the guide. Check you are naming the files correctly, and make sure you are flashing all of the 'sparsechunk' files - not just those mentioned in the tutorial. The 'sparsechunk' commands listed there are not to be copied exactly, different firmware images have different files.

Downgrading and OTA Updates
    If you downgrade, it is advised to avoid all OTA Updates. These updates can result in a hard-brick (phone will not turn on) if you have a newer Bootloader than the one expected.
    @yeshwanthvshenoy, many firmwares available at Moto G4 firmware page. Even better part is that the links of downloadmirror are pretty damn good too speed-wise.. add these URLs too and give proper credit.
    General Filefactory folder with a bunch of stock ROMs: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/c6cdedc45a775d27/?sort=filename&order=DESC&show=25

There are some things that are really confusing me, both in this Filefactory folder and the ROMs posted in the OP. For example:

XT1641-XT1643_ATHENE_6.0.1_MPJ24.139-13.3_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

The XT1641 is the Canadian / Mexican G4 Plus, while the XT1643 is the Indian G4 Plus. Both device have two different sets of radio bands (for example, the XT1641 has HSPA Band 2/4 and LTE Bands 12/17, while the Indian model lacks those but has LTE Bands 1, 8, and 40, among other differences). So, if one were to flash this ROM, would they be flashing the Canadian/Mexican modem, or the Indian modem?

Similarly, there this file:

XT1621-XT1622-XT1642_ATHENE_MPJ24.139-23.4_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

The XT1621 is the Canadian/Mexican G4, while the XT1622 and the XT1642 are the European G4 and G4 Plus, respectively. Again, the two regional models have different bands enabled, so if you were to flash it, would you be flashing the Canadian/Mexican modem, or the European modem?

I'm not surprised that G4 and G4 Plus images are combined for the same region, (such as XT1625-XT1644_ATHENE-RETUS_MPJ24.139-48_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip, which is the US G4 and G4 Plus), but these other images that have model numbers for different region devices with different modems is confusing me.
    @yeshwanthvshenoy Moto denied me a factory image for the US variant XT1644 so I made an unmodified TWRP backup & extracted the recovery/logo images for US users in this thread here: https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/moto-g4-plus-xt1644-stock-unmodified-6-t3536448. It's not the full stock firmware package, but it'll do for many users. Feel free to link downloads or thread in OP if you want.