[Discussion] Favourite rom and why?

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Thought I'd start this discussion just for a place to talk about what rom we're all running at present, for what reasons etc. to perhaps offer and overview of what choices are available for our great device.

I'm currently on Oreo Beta 1 - runs very quickly with such impressive performance, loving the stock camera (though keen to see what future software updates can offer...), with my screen brightness down to 5-10% indoors and on WiFi I'm getting anywhere between 10-12 hours screen on time.

Will be curious to run Lineage when it comes official/stable and will love it when Google camera port is running nicely on our phones as definite enhancements can be had!

Reactions: KLit75

xocomaox

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando, FL
Right now on official OmniROM 8.1. It's fast, extremely stable, has excellent 10 hour screen on time for battery life over 1.5 days(my usage), and has excellent OMS theming support with nice minor OS tweaks and addons like OmniSwitch Recents replacement.

I was running official Oreo OOS but didn't care for the lack of proper theming, but the camera is a tad better and battery life was about the same. Maybe a little less than Omni.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Right now on official OmniROM 8.1. It's fast, extremely stable, has excellent 10 hour screen on time for battery life over 1.5 days(my usage), and has excellent OMS theming support with nice minor OS tweaks and addons like OmniSwitch Recents replacement.

I was running official Oreo OOS but didn't care for the lack of proper theming, but the camera is a tad better and battery life was about the same. Maybe a little less than Omni.

Sounds good to me! Is it the case that some Google camera ports work better on none OOS ROMs? Also with OmniROM, can you run that encrypted?

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Try the Validus by Ground Zero Team, rock stable and gives outstanding battery life, lost 5% for 1st hour of screen on.

https://xdaforums.com/ground-zero-roms/ground-zero-roms-feature-development/op5-validus-t3633818

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617957141
Wow now that's an impressive statistic!! Did you tweak the kernel at all or is that with the 'of of the box' tweaks? Also how's the camera on it, do any Google camera ports work?

DocRambone

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Wow now that's an impressive statistic!! Did you tweak the kernel at all or is that with the 'of of the box' tweaks? Also how's the camera on it, do any Google camera ports work?

No tweaks beside my own changes of rom content. Camera is "snap" camera as seen in many roms, have not checked picture quality yet tho. Same goes for other camera apps.

Only ever used three ROMs on this device. First was the stock ROM the device came with (OOS 4.7.3), didn't get to experience it much because i flashed FreedomOS 4.7.4. I loved that ROM on my 3T. Had a lot of features. But i kinda lost interest because most of what i found useful in the 3T weren't yet implemented on the 5T ROM. And the dev took his sweet time releasing updates (not that taking time is wrong, it's just that i need my updates as quickly as possible). So i flashed OOS Oreo Beta 1. I'm loving it so far. I'll probably try out LOS when they release a stable 8.1 build.

Top Liked Posts