[DER KERNEL] Trinity for TMO Note3 MI7

Search This thread

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernel: B48 http://goo.gl/veDWs6

Source: B48 http://goo.gl/08ZWqi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
  • Build optimizations
  • Performance through research
  • Removed wasteful debugging
  • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
  • gcc4.8 built
  • Up to 2726MHz and boots up @ 2.26GHz, stock clock
  • fsync control (by ezekeel)
  • exfat (fixed Samsung's Makefile breakage)
  • SELinux permissive
  • Samsung root restriction removed
  • Bullshît Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

This is an early build, developed blind by having a tester run it and give feedback, since i have no device to test this on, this kernel is not (yet?) supported by my app, so if you own it, refrain from using it for now.

If you don't have wifi, edit your build.prop, change secure storage from true to false and you will have wifi.

i will update this as i have time for it.

Yes, there is a lot that can be done still, but doing it remotely, things take time ;)

http://goo.gl/O0KEme init.qcom.post_boot.sh to try in case yours is causing problems

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2013
Awesome. Yeah this is the guy I was talking about in my thread. Great kernel! Way better than compulsion and saber!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nov 7, 2013
!!!!!"!!

FAST

Attachments

• 1384136814477.jpg
    1384136814477.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,905
Reactions: jdidtht

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
Hmm. I'm getting some weird database errors, even after wiping both caches and fixing permissions.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

lm that guy

Jan 22, 2012
My target kernel will have less top clock, and instead have other changes to make it fun while keeping it as more of a daily driver than these "dude, how far can you take this?" kernels that happened during testing ;)

Yes I agree, there is really no need for the Snapdragon 800 CPU to be clocked this high. 2.5 - 2.7 is more than enough. Anything else is just overkill :eek: I would rather just see some optimizations.

Steve Lazarus

May 20, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
Nice, glad it's here and you took the time to get started without actually having the device ...

Tweaked ROM and Morfic's kernel were beastly for my Note 2.. Can't wait to reunite them again on the 3..:thumbup:

Nov 7, 2013
In any case, here was mine at 2.88...

This is quadrant btw... Not whack antutu

Attachments

• 1384147396233.jpg
    1384147396233.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kernel: B48 http://goo.gl/veDWs6

Source: B48 http://goo.gl/08ZWqi

Featuring:
    • Build optimizations
    • Performance through research
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
    • gcc4.8 built
    • Up to 2726MHz and boots up @ 2.26GHz, stock clock
    • fsync control (by ezekeel)
    • exfat (fixed Samsung's Makefile breakage)
    • SELinux permissive
    • Samsung root restriction removed
    • Bullshît Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

This is an early build, developed blind by having a tester run it and give feedback, since i have no device to test this on, this kernel is not (yet?) supported by my app, so if you own it, refrain from using it for now.

If you don't have wifi, edit your build.prop, change secure storage from true to false and you will have wifi.

i will update this as i have time for it.

Yes, there is a lot that can be done still, but doing it remotely, things take time ;)

http://goo.gl/O0KEme init.qcom.post_boot.sh to try in case yours is causing problems
    Trinity Kernel Toolbox v1.9.50 now officially supports TMO Note3, update once it appears in market.
    Make sure not to use it along side other cpu apps, surefire way to cause issues.
    CPU control, voltage control and manual core control now all work for note3.
    Displays PVS as well, as little reminder.
    I'm halfway done setting up arch linux, looks like my mkbootimg_dtb was another one than what i found now, funny when even simple things like lzop or scp aren't installed yet.
    Sucks i lost a few things in the process.
    It runs quite well as is i think, but i think it could run better with a little bit of healthy convincing.
    I'll be building 4.4 kernels when i actually flash 4.4 on my note3 :) and without a 4.4 tweakedn3, i won't be flashing 4.4, tweaked or bust
    I'm not into building for leaks.
    About the question why not many Rom devs are here, I have my theory:

Note 3 owners don't drink the koolaid that "aosp" (aka cm) automatically means an improved user experience.

CM on my note 2 never fully worked, and you lose the s-pen integration, which you can't replace with a market app, as usually suggested by cm Fanbois.
    I think your lack of koolaid consumption keeps misty away.
    If I had a note 3, I wouldn't break it with cm either, I would run Tweaked Rom by withere2.
    Keeping my value added features of the stock firmware while getting the essential UI additions.
    How anyone can cry about the wasted memory on a note 3 when aosp just gives you wasted unused memory is beyond me.
    With everyone just wanting to rape gits these days, not enough kept up actually coding in smali, further limiting your choices.

That's what I think, people know there is value lost on a note if you ditch TW and that's limiting your choices.
    Hey - nice to see you 'round these parts :) Much appreciated on the blind work and all - epic level pita I'm sure!

Anyhoo, apparently I'm just doing my part to clutter up threads with non-development stuff...
    #stifleon