Baseband version unknown

Search This thread

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
My phone froze on me earlier and threw me into bootloops. Recovery didn't work, so I flashed it again. Then I did a factory reset and flashed my rom again and I have no service at all and the play store doesn't work.

How do I get my baseband back?

For some reason the phone can't find the internal storage. I don't know how to fix this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

universexda

Dec 30, 2012
My phone froze on me earlier and threw me into bootloops. Recovery didn't work, so I flashed it again. Then I did a factory reset and flashed my rom again and I have no service at all and the play store doesn't work.

How do I get my baseband back?

For some reason the phone can't find the internal storage. I don't know how to fix this.
If your phone can see the external card you could download a baseband from xda, copy it the card then flash the baseband from there.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
If your phone can see the external card you could download a baseband from xda, copy it the card then flash the baseband from there.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

I tried two different ones from here, but it still says baseband unknown.

On another note, fixing permissions fails completely. It seems I'm completely borked :(

universexda

Dec 30, 2012
It might be best to restore to stock and start over. DL alternate restore and flash that from Odin. If that doesn't work then root66.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Reactions: benwalburn

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
Considering all the issues I'm having, root66 looks like the best way to go. Thank you.

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
Considering all the issues I'm having, root66 looks like the best way to go. Thank you.

If you use Root66 it doesn't completely wipe your phone like VRALJB or VRALL4 so you need to check the NAND Erase box in Odin before starting the flash.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
If you use Root66 it doesn't completely wipe your phone like VRALJB or VRALL4 so you need to check the NAND Erase box in Odin before starting the flash.

I flashed root66 and it's stuck on the splash screen. Does it take a while to boot after that? I did factory reset and I had to format /data because TWRP thought I had encrypted data.

Update: flashed JellyBeans but it has no storage available (negative value on internal storage). Still no service. Flashing any of the modems that Scottsroms has does not update it. Maybe I can get it through odin. I heard that it takes a few minutes to flash a new modem, but it only takes a few seconds on my phone and does nothing

Last edited:

universexda

Dec 30, 2012
Successfully flashing a modem via TWRP only took a few seconds for me.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

If you haven't already you may want to reformat internal storage and or flash root66 with the pit file or after that with both of those and Nand erase selected in Odin.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Last edited:

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
Successfully flashing a modem via TWRP only took a few seconds for me.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

If you haven't already you may want to reformat internal storage and or flash root66 with the pit file or after that with both of those and Nand erase selected in Odin.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

I flashed the full stock and it fixed my phone. Apparently, root66 doesn't update everything.

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
I flashed the full stock and it fixed my phone. Apparently, root66 doesn't update everything.

That's why I and other users recommended you select NAND erase in Odin when using Root66, it isn't that it doesn't update everything it just doesn't completely wipe everything.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I am having the same baseband unknown problem. What do I do?

Flash roo66 in Odin with NAND Erase checked.

darcy6901

Aug 22, 2013
NOTE II Baseband

It sounds like you were able to fix your problem. I think I am having the same problem as you. Could you please tell me in detail what you did? I have been rooting phones for almost 5 years now but this Note 2 is an entirely different beast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It might be best to restore to stock and start over. DL alternate restore and flash that from Odin. If that doesn't work then root66.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast