Search This thread

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net

--------------------------------------------------
JWMD Armids 1.0a

Ever want to change the number of columns in your Windows Mobile 6.5/x Start Menu without doing a lot of hardwork? Here's another tool to do the job for you.

Armids can change your the number of columns in your Windows Mobile 6.5/6.5.x Start Menu or Edit the Start Menu Item look or even change the Selection Background image!
Armids supports the ff resolutions:
  • QVGA
  • WQVGA
  • SqVGA
  • VGA
  • WVGA

Armids has this ff features:
  • Change the number of columns
    • Portrait
    • Landscape
  • Change Selection background not yet implemented
  • Restor original GridScene file from custom ROM or Original Firmware
  • - Backup occurs upon first use of the application.
Using Armids
Please make sure that your device is currently in Portrait mode.

KNOWN PROBLEMS
  1. No effect after reset
    • You ROM uses custom GridScene that was setup in registry. I have not yet got any answer on Chefs thread about setting this up. So if you have any idea, please share.
    • This registry key has something to do with it "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartMenu] "CustomGridForm"="StartMenuCust"

History said:
February 27, 2011
- Landscape support
- Fixed some null errors when reading the CPL file.

Guys when reporting an error

Kindly include this details:
Device Brand and Model
ROM, ROM Language, ROM Link
Error Message and Screenshots
What you did before the error shown.

Last edited:

scott8813

Jan 8, 2008
very nicely done. What program were you using in the first video to control your device with your pc? I've used several. Some I like more than others but they all have their faults/lack of capability.

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
very nicely done. What program were you using in the first video to control your device with your pc? I've used several. Some I like more than others but they all have their faults/lack of capability.

I was just using an Windows Emulator from Visual Studio.

but if you want a desktop app to control the screen of your winmo device; you can use My Mobiler. It's very very free!

Last edited:

jemaho

Apr 7, 2009
Waregem
Nice job seeing the videos, what about making it for HVGA aswell, tried it with hope but no luck on my HD mini

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
KNOWN PROBLEMS
  1. No effect after reset
    • You ROM uses custom GridScene that was setup in registry. I have not yet got any answer on Chefs thread about setting this up. So if you have any idea, please share.
    • This registry key has something to do with it "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartMenu] "CustomGridForm"="StartMenuCust"

That registry key tells the start menu engine to use a "custom" .cpr layout for the Start menu. The normal filename of for the start menu layout is StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr , but if you have the registry key enabled, then windows looks for StartMenuCust_480x800.cpr . HTC does this by default in their stock ROMs, in order for windows to load their custom .cpr files. A pure windows ROM will look for a StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr for example.

Some chefs choose not to mess with that and just StartMenuCust_480x800.cpr gets used. *I* for example, take that key out in my ROMs and I use StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr . So you just have to account for both ;) All you have to do is look for the registry key and if it's not there, then it's safe to say StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr is the layout used.

Humongus1

May 4, 2010
Miami
Testing on HD2 T-mobile

Does not work on HD2 T-Mo:confused: Even after reset.
Running
Manila version 2.5
Rom/2.13.531.1 (90963) WWE

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Nullstring,

very well done, really. I have also a future request:
- what do you think about background changing?
-- That will be the right function for the CHTArtwork thead. Because i have to many ideas and can not do all the work :D.

simonwoods33

Mar 7, 2009
I got it working on my European HD2 (Factory ROM) by editing the registry value - as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. As suggested I changed the registry key HKLM\Security\Shell\StartMenu] "CustomGridForm" to say "StartMenuCust" instead of "StartMenuCust". after a soft reset the program worked.

I got it working on my European HD2 (Factory ROM) by editing the registry value - as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. As suggested I changed the registry key HKLM\Security\Shell\StartMenu] "CustomGridForm" to say "StartMenuCust" instead of "StartMenuCust". after a soft reset the program worked.

ok my register key now is
HKLM\Security\shell\startmenu "CustomGridForm" = StartMenuCust

what do i have to chage from this register key to make the JWMD Armis work? becouse i didnt get what u said .:D:D:eek::eek:

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
for the mean time. the fix for this is..

if you have stock rom or your chef did not change any graphical changes in the start menu (other than number of columns) then:
create/update this registry
[HKLM\Security\shell\startmenu]
CustomGridForm="StartMenuCust"

to

CustomGridForm="StartMenu"

majorassface

Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Hey just wanted to say thanks, very handy little app. Works fine for me on my TP2 running MightyRom official. Keep up the great work!

at004

Nov 18, 2006
for the mean time. the fix for this is..

if you have stock rom or your chef did not change any graphical changes in the start menu (other than number of columns) then:
create/update this registry
CustomGridForm="StartMenuCust"

to

CustomGridForm="StartMenu"

OK,i will install it once again on my hd2 and try your modification...

at004

Nov 18, 2006
It's me again,it didn't work and showed me this error msg below...

Attachments

• Screen001.jpg
    Screen001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 104

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

JWMD Armids 1.0a

Ever want to change the number of columns in your Windows Mobile 6.5/x Start Menu without doing a lot of hardwork? Here's another tool to do the job for you.

Armids can change your the number of columns in your Windows Mobile 6.5/6.5.x Start Menu or Edit the Start Menu Item look or even change the Selection Background image!
    Armids supports the ff resolutions:
    • QVGA
    • WQVGA
    • SqVGA
    • VGA
    • WVGA

Armids has this ff features:
    • Change the number of columns
      • Portrait
      • Landscape
    • Change Selection background not yet implemented
    • Restor original GridScene file from custom ROM or Original Firmware
    • - Backup occurs upon first use of the application.
    Using Armids
    Please make sure that your device is currently in Portrait mode.

KNOWN PROBLEMS
    1. No effect after reset

History said:
    February 27, 2011
    - Landscape support
    - Fixed some null errors when reading the CPL file.

Guys when reporting an error

Kindly include this details:
    Device Brand and Model
    ROM, ROM Language, ROM Link
    Error Message and Screenshots
    What you did before the error shown.
    Hey dude, I think that it doesn't work with landscape.
    can som1 confirm?