HTC Desire SIM-Unlock Utility

Search This thread

sieempi

Jul 30, 2010
SIM-Unlock Utility v0.9.5

As being pointed out by more and more users regarding scamms, I have to clarify:

THIS APP IS FREEWARE! DO NOT TRUST ANY EBAY/WHATEVER-SITE SELLER!
If you've been asked money and you paid for it, try to get a refund by mailing both Ebay/Paypal/middleman and get them shut down.
This is the only site I endorse!
Commercial use is forbidden!

The summer holiday brought me some more time, so I decided to update the tool. The latest version works on Windows, takes ~30 seconds and the rate of success is greatly improved (we'll see about that.. :p). Forget about iso and burning. This is still only for Desire (HTC Bravo),though..
Please note! By using the windows version of the app, you ar not required to boot your phone into HBOOT, it will take care of it by itself.

Old stuff (previous versions, linux only):
Burn the iso, boot it, power up your phone into HBOOT by pressing both Vol-Down and Power and follow the instructions.
Post your experiences here for further development. The app doesn't require root or s-off and should work on any hboot and radio version. (it has been tested so far with HBOOT up to 0.93.1000 and RADIO up to 5.14.05.17).
It's based on some vulnerabilities and undocumented features, so disclosing them would mean the greater the chance of them being corrected.
I've only tested it on Desire GSM and I do not recommend using it on CDMA devices; doing otherwise could lead to unpredictable results.

Download link:
Windows version: HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar
Bootable linux cd (obsolete!): HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.2a.iso

If you like free software and find this tool useful, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)

Changelog:
v0.9.5 - beta version; added debugging info that help future updates; reads Sensation HT** unlock code; not tested, might not work at all.. :p
v0.9.4 – better connectivity with the phone; I actually didn’t test it because my USB socket (phone side) has a hardware problem (due to multiple plug ins/outs) and allows only charging. If you test it and it works, please report back!
v0.9.2 - If you have problems connecting with the phone, simply boot your Desire in Hboot menu (Vol-Down + power), connect to computer via usb cable and wait for the menu title to change to HBOOT USB PLUG; only and only then should you start the app; it might work this way for some of you.
v0.9.1 - dealt with Unable to load function(s) error.
v0.9 - major changes; windows version; different approach;
v0.2a - trying to reduce the number of false positives; the phone should restart if everything's ok. If it doesn't, start over again until it does.

Hall Of Fame: (donors - thank you, guys!)

dejan.foi, Rhodri, David, Richard, Mirko, cesc1972, bigblue79, Gonzalo, Luka, Mika, Sakisf, Carlos, Clemens, Douglas, andcandela, imranahmed, Vlad, Michal, Andrew, Matt, Andy, Roberto, Mr.X!, Sergio, Nenad, abbeymill, Davide, Stefano, suguru, Grigorov, quini2k, Glennie, Angel, thejinx0r, Lukas, Timothy, Joseph, Mohannad, hacky_fr, hungisaack, Glenn, Jay, Richard P, Alastair, Richard C, Anton V, Daniel, George, Alessandro, unschuldig, Hassan, borjis, Benjamin, rinring, rhaddon, gniann, nick107, pete.j, vlatko, pedro, Marian, Amir, markuese, countzer0, Dave, Ruben, Patrick, David, duliang, Z.Ali, miluch, Tim S, Journet, Mircea!, ThReM, Milos S, Gianmarco P, Nicholas K, Ermin M, Aleksandar P, Michael C, tem_85, Edem N, Mechablast, Jaar T, Andrzej G, Claire Y, Jorge, Zhitenev.L, Tigran S, Christopher, Cepheus0815, random_noise, Alexis, Tatiana, Marian C, Emma R, modesto n, John G, Roland K, Daniel G, Nicolas L.

Last edited:

sr1ks

Jul 15, 2010
London
Hello ther,

before i can try this, can i know where you have got this from???

Thanks

EDIT :

incidentally i am going overseas on tuesday, so was looking for a good unlock provider.... rang t-mobile to hear 28 days for unlock code...

so i downloaded your iso and thought i would take the plunge....

ran the ISO from VMware.... after the initial boot screen i got a screen saying ...

going to HBOOT USB PLUG mode and plug in your phone and continue....

did exactly the same thing :) .....

it said

Initiating...

and unlock done success or something and reboot

Tried putting in VOdafone sim card --- works
3 UK Sim Card and works :)

Great mate thank you very much,

could you please explain how this works

Last edited:
Reactions: rxc777 and RDanutz

sr1ks

Jul 15, 2010
London
BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.93.1000
Radio-5.09.05.30_2

Could you please let me (n everyone know) how this works, if this is permanent or ? and all the other stuff

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
Thank you very much! I just tested it, working with Lycamobile, Vodafone and Orange sims (I placed calls and sent text).

This was a TMO UK locked phone before this, PVT3.

HTC Desire GSM
BRAVO UNKNOWN SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.75
Radio-5.09.05.30_2

Mine read errors 3 times with the 4th displaying "Done! xD"

Lengthy errors I couldn't note with no pen in car. "Generic urb error failed" is all I remember from each line, sorry.

I have the same qs as the others.

------------------------------
- Sent via HTC Desire -

sr1ks

Jul 15, 2010
London
One thing I noticed on my phone is, everytime I change the sim card, it wants me to enter the google password again...

I am on CM7, did a clean wipe and this happens...

Anyone else seeing this???

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
This is epic! I will be trying this later:) thanks.

Where did this come from? Is it your work or is it modified from a tool for another device? Were all curious.

t-pip

Oct 26, 2010
Worked great for me. My details are:

Bravo PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-051D
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.14.05.17
AUG 10 2010, 17:52:10

One message came up:

Done! xD

Many thanks.

polishrose

Feb 7, 2011
Can I just kiss whoever posted this? You're a star. I know nothing about phones other than how to use them but I followed the instructions and have successfully unlocked my phone.I was so scared I was going to kill it but it worked first time! The s thing was on if that helps but I'm so sorry I forgot to write the other things down. You've saved me 30 pounds which is what my local phone shop wanted to charge me and I'm so happy as I can now get rid of my horrid orange and use giffgaff instead.

Here are the phone settings

bravo pvt1 ship s-on
hboot-0.93.0001
microp-031d
radio-5.10.05.30

Last edited:

n@spa

Nov 22, 2010
Bucharest
BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-031d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.14.05.17
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

Thank You very much! Work like a charm. :)

sr1ks

Jul 15, 2010
London
I am not sure if this is a daft question or not!
If i unlock my desire this way, does this give me the ability to install any ota updates without the use of a goldcard, rather than having to wait for my network provider to 'doctor' them before i am able to install? :confused:

Unlock allows you to use your sim card with another network provider...

in order to install other ROM's or get updates from HTC(which might never come) you need to ROOT and install a custom rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SIM-Unlock Utility v0.9.5

As being pointed out by more and more users regarding scamms, I have to clarify:

THIS APP IS FREEWARE! DO NOT TRUST ANY EBAY/WHATEVER-SITE SELLER!
    If you've been asked money and you paid for it, try to get a refund by mailing both Ebay/Paypal/middleman and get them shut down.
    This is the only site I endorse!
    Commercial use is forbidden!

The summer holiday brought me some more time, so I decided to update the tool. The latest version works on Windows, takes ~30 seconds and the rate of success is greatly improved (we'll see about that.. :p). Forget about iso and burning. This is still only for Desire (HTC Bravo),though..
    Please note! By using the windows version of the app, you ar not required to boot your phone into HBOOT, it will take care of it by itself.

Old stuff (previous versions, linux only):
    Burn the iso, boot it, power up your phone into HBOOT by pressing both Vol-Down and Power and follow the instructions.
    Post your experiences here for further development. The app doesn't require root or s-off and should work on any hboot and radio version. (it has been tested so far with HBOOT up to 0.93.1000 and RADIO up to 5.14.05.17).
    It's based on some vulnerabilities and undocumented features, so disclosing them would mean the greater the chance of them being corrected.
    I've only tested it on Desire GSM and I do not recommend using it on CDMA devices; doing otherwise could lead to unpredictable results.

Download link:
    Windows version: HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar
    Bootable linux cd (obsolete!): HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.2a.iso

If you like free software and find this tool useful, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)

Changelog:
    v0.9.5 - beta version; added debugging info that help future updates; reads Sensation HT** unlock code; not tested, might not work at all.. :p
    v0.9.4 – better connectivity with the phone; I actually didn’t test it because my USB socket (phone side) has a hardware problem (due to multiple plug ins/outs) and allows only charging. If you test it and it works, please report back!
    v0.9.2 - If you have problems connecting with the phone, simply boot your Desire in Hboot menu (Vol-Down + power), connect to computer via usb cable and wait for the menu title to change to HBOOT USB PLUG; only and only then should you start the app; it might work this way for some of you.
    v0.9.1 - dealt with Unable to load function(s) error.
    v0.9 - major changes; windows version; different approach;
    v0.2a - trying to reduce the number of false positives; the phone should restart if everything's ok. If it doesn't, start over again until it does.

Hall Of Fame: (donors - thank you, guys!)

dejan.foi, Rhodri, David, Richard, Mirko, cesc1972, bigblue79, Gonzalo, Luka, Mika, Sakisf, Carlos, Clemens, Douglas, andcandela, imranahmed, Vlad, Michal, Andrew, Matt, Andy, Roberto, Mr.X!, Sergio, Nenad, abbeymill, Davide, Stefano, suguru, Grigorov, quini2k, Glennie, Angel, thejinx0r, Lukas, Timothy, Joseph, Mohannad, hacky_fr, hungisaack, Glenn, Jay, Richard P, Alastair, Richard C, Anton V, Daniel, George, Alessandro, unschuldig, Hassan, borjis, Benjamin, rinring, rhaddon, gniann, nick107, pete.j, vlatko, pedro, Marian, Amir, markuese, countzer0, Dave, Ruben, Patrick, David, duliang, Z.Ali, miluch, Tim S, Journet, Mircea!, ThReM, Milos S, Gianmarco P, Nicholas K, Ermin M, Aleksandar P, Michael C, tem_85, Edem N, Mechablast, Jaar T, Andrzej G, Claire Y, Jorge, Zhitenev.L, Tigran S, Christopher, Cepheus0815, random_noise, Alexis, Tatiana, Marian C, Emma R, modesto n, John G, Roland K, Daniel G, Nicolas L.
    I am seeing too many people complaining about driver when there is a very simple solution.

Here is my step by step guide for the windows version that worked for me (thanks to rotmann's comment above):

1. Download and unzip android-usb-driver.zip from sieempi's site : http://www.sieempi.eu/data/download.php?id=4

Also Download and unzip the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar from first post of thread

2. Put phone into HBOOT mode by turning off and then turning on with volume down button held down.

3. After it checked SD card etc. plug USB cable and it should state HBOOT USB PLUG

4. Go into Device manager and look for Android 1.0 Device - right click and select update driver - browser to the folder where you extracted the usb driver and select OK. It should install the driver (select yes to any security prompt)

5. Once the driver is installed, run the adb.exe provided in the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar and a command should open and close (don't know if it is necessary but it worked for me)

6. Run the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.exe - a command prompt should open and it should immediately find the phone - then type y to confirm and press enter.

When finished the command prompt should state DONE! etc. and your phone should reboot - Unlocked :)

This is the method that worked for me, however there are people with later version of HBOOT which need to be downgraded which I can't help you with sorry :(
    That's normal. It'a a security measure.

Install hboot drivers.
    New link!