[Q] HTC one freeze - can't soft/hard reboot

Search This thread

Siviuze

Feb 11, 2011
Hello,

My HTC One just crashed (hang) two hours ago. I didn't do any 'dangerous' manipulation (as ROM flashing etc.) -> it just stop working. Now it is stuck with a black screen and the home/back keys are light up.

I tried to do a soft reset (hold the power button more than 20s), a hard reset ((hold the volume down and the power button more than 20s), hard and soft reset with a bright light, but nothing work. I am a bit afraid for my phone :crying:

Is there any trick I can test to reboot the phone? (It is currently sitting in my freezer in order to accelerate the battery draining -> yes I'm desperate).

EDIT: The phone is not recognize by my laptop (no event with dmesg and lsusb see nothing...)

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello,

My HTC One just crashed (hang) two hours ago. I didn't do any 'dangerous' manipulation (as ROM flashing etc.) -> it just stop working. Now it is stuck with a black screen and the home/back keys are light up.

I tried to do a soft reset (hold the power button more than 20s), a hard reset ((hold the volume down and the power button more than 20s), hard and soft reset with a bright light, but nothing work. I am a bit afraid for my phone :crying:

Is there any trick I can test to reboot the phone? (It is currently sitting in my freezer in order to accelerate the battery draining -> yes I'm desperate).

EDIT: The phone is not recognize by my laptop (no event with dmesg and lsusb see nothing...)

take the phone out of the freezer
hold power + vol+ and vol- all together under bright light for 20 - 30 seconds the phone will shut if when it's done correctly

Siviuze

Feb 11, 2011
take the phone out of the freezer
hold power + vol+ and vol- all together under bright light for 20 - 30 seconds the phone will shut if when it's done correctly

Thanks for the tip. I can't try it now since the battery was empty this morning, maybe for the next time ( I hope that there will not be another)