Files won't save, is it the 128gb generic card or not-rooted?

Search This thread

minionhunter

Aug 6, 2013
I'm wondering what I should do with my 128gb card.

I got one off ebay that says it will work in phones (just MicroSD 128gb, no brand on anything, the package even just had a foldover piece of plastic on the front. I'm guessing, since the seller is in the US, he just bought a generic lot and gambled he could sell them fast. That makes me want to push it around the block as hard as I can, as rapidly as I can so I can return it if need be. I bet he won't be on ebay in a few weeks, but since he is now, ebay can wield a pretty fierce club on sellers who sell non-working junk. The seller says it is Fat32 formatted.

Anyway I put it in my wifi 12.2 and it shows up as 125gb free, but I can't put anything on it through the device (PC over USB 3.0 can see the card but won't transfer files or make a folder; I can't create a folder via Zarchiver or ES File Explorer), but some programs have written to it (firefox, google, flipboard... but can't save to it firefox and quickpic can't save there). I'm NOT rooted (so no fix).

I'm trying to figure out if it is the generic nature of the card, or if it is just that I don't have root yet and have not applied the fix. If it were a 64gb card I would not be too worried (I would think it is the kitkat issue), but it is the 128gb card so I don't know. An OP has said that they had problems with generic 64gb cards being fake (I admit I have not done the research on fake micro sd cards), so this makes me worry a bit.

I just want to make sure that the card works so I don't have to return it. I'll try out a new 32gb card I have tonight and I'll try it in the adapter just with my PC to see if I can read from it on the 12.2 tonight, then I guess I'll root (Yea LMT!!!).

I'm open to any suggestions you might have for me.

minionhunter

Aug 6, 2013
I'm running H2testw on the card right now and should know in about three hours if it is fake or not. Registering as 125gb free when the real deal registers 119gb free is not seeming like its going to work out as real, but you never know.

minionhunter

Aug 6, 2013
Fake card, the 32gb card I have works just fine. Looks like the real sandisk cards are all sold out on amazon.

Bizack

May 1, 2013
Las Vegas
www.vaporbeast.com
128gb San Disk microSD...

Go to Amazon and get your S**T!

Attachments

• 20140317_174939.jpg
    20140317_174939.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 20140317_175053.jpg
    20140317_175053.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshots_2014-04-02-12-07-11.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-04-02-12-07-11.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 342

minionhunter

Aug 6, 2013

Thanks!!! I checked April 1 and it was priced $239 or something, checked back and amazon now has it for $119 again (out of stock preorder).

I contacted the seller and said that it was tested defective and appeared to be counterfeit and I wanted a refund and not to pay shipping. He refunded my purchase within 24 hours and said I didn't need to ship it back. Said something about being new and had to check his stock, I have not posted anything yet as far as feedback. The package said "starage" instead of storage, big tipoff in retrospect.

AFIK sandisk is the only 128gb micro card maker right now so I don't think there are any knock offs yet.

I used the test program and it took like 8 hours to finish, but it was bad.

Hope that was helpful to others, just 128gb are not on ebay yet IMHO, happy to be wrong, but I don't think so at the time of posting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    128gb San Disk microSD...