• No, tried it but in vain :(

Votes: 45 23.0%
  • Didn't try

Votes: 68 34.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

J0hny

Sep 16, 2008
Hi, thank you very much for your tutorial. It works, but I stumbled upon some difficulties, and sharing them might be helpful for some who hasn't root their Galaxy S Duos yet.

Firstly I didn't have enough space on my SD card for the back up. It looks like the whole system is being backed up, not only the stock ROM, but all the programs that are installed so far as well, so I needed about 2 GB.

Secondly when I restarted the device after the failed back up to free some space and then restarted back to clockworkmod recovery, it was the stock recovery mode, but I couldn't spot this except for the fact that the Back & Restore was missing. It looks like if the device is restarted after being once in the custom clockworkmod recovery, goes back automatically to the stock recovery. On the custom one there is a drawing of a "tom hat" in the middle of the display.

Thirdly, when I tried to flash back to the custom clockworkmod recovery, I couldn't do it, since I wasn't removing the battery at the exact moment, or unplugging the cable after removing the battery. Just to make sure that the flash was successful: 1) remove the battery as soon as the device starts vibrating; 2) unplug the USB cable from the device 3) wait a couple of seconds 4) when you put back the battery, the device should not boot it self automatically. You should either press the power button or go to custom clockworkmod recovery mode directly if you have the needed space and files for the rest of the process.

Thanks again. Cheers!

thacen

Apr 9, 2008
My G-S Duos is recently updated to XXALJ5. I tried the above methods and installed the CWM recovery.. that seems successful but when I tried to reboot in CWM I never success.. always come to stock recovery and from there could not install the SU with certificate error.

Please help me.

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
My G-S Duos is recently updated to XXALJ5. I tried the above methods and installed the CWM recovery.. that seems successful but when I tried to reboot in CWM I never success.. always come to stock recovery and from there could not install the SU with certificate error.

Please help me.

Did you ejected the battery when the phone vibrated during the reboot?

owaisekmt

Oct 5, 2011
Yangon
jelly bean

when samsung release jelly bean update for samsung galaxy s duos ? any information please ?because I want to root this after jelly bean update! thanks

jayeshjain88

Dec 11, 2010
Pune
jayeshjain.in
Our Own Forum for Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562

Why are we not bidding for our own forum space. S Duos is quite a popular phone now. atleast in asia. I guess development would be faster if there's a S Duos dedicated forum. else there is lot of replication same information.

akshay007dhore

Jul 13, 2012
Mumbai
any way to root this device without pc ......just as z4 mod

Attachments

• z4rootscreenshot.jpg
    z4rootscreenshot.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 512

korleis69

Dec 27, 2012
I cant get my GT-S7562 to download mode.

I just want to root my SAMSUNG GALAXY S DUOS GT-S7562... but when i try to get download mode with: volume down+power+home button it just FLASH for a half of second and then disappear. Am i doing something wrong?
Can anyone help me, PLEASE?
Thank you.

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
Got some problem on step 17 actually it no Backup & Restore string appear in recovery menu.Something wrong with my phone or what ?
You've to eject the battery out when cwm is flashed, otherwise stick recovery will be reflashed and backup option won't appear.
I just want to root my SAMSUNG GALAXY
S DUOS GT-S7562... but when i try to get
download mode with: volume down
+power+home button it just FLASH for a
half of second and then disappear. Am i
doing something wrong?

Keep the key combination pressed until the phone powers on.

Any way to root this device without
computer........??

No,I haven't seen any such thing for ics our above.

after rooting it warranty will be finish ?
sorry for bad english

Yes, obviously.

please help i followed all ur steps but the
cwm recovery says unable to mount sd
card how can i root then pls help its really
required for me.

Format your sdcard and then try again.

nasnq

Dec 29, 2012
Still having some problems

Bro , thanks a lot your procedure worked with me perfectly but i still have an issue need your assistant which are as below :-

1- when i try to install an application the installation finished and I cannot open the app and I even couldn't find it in the apk list ?
2- I still cannot move app to SD as i was advised that this is a rot problem and can be removed by roting ?

Finally do you advice to install a new ROM and where can I :( find it .

many thanks

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
Bro , thanks a lot your procedure worked with me perfectly but i still have an issue need your assistant which are as below :-

1- when i try to install an application the installation finished and I cannot open the app and I even couldn't find it in the apk list ?
2- I still cannot move app to SD as i was advised that this is a rot problem and can be removed by roting ?

Finally do you advice to install a new ROM and where can I :( find it .

many thanks

1 - That's weird, don't have any idea about that.
2 - Use the internal and external sdcard swapping mod. By doing that, your external sdcard is your new internal sdcard and so, the option to move apps to internal sdcard can be put into use. www.droidiser.com/2012/11/swap-internal-sdcard-external-mod-android.html
Edit: swapping doesn't work on s duos with that mod. Use "Root internal 2 external sd" app, that might work for the same result.
I haven't heard about any custom ROM for s duos.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

I recently blogged a really simple guide on how you can easily root the Samsung Galaxy S Duos (model number S7562). The method uses ODIN flashing tool. It will also help you flash CWM to your device so that you can take nandroid backups and flash ZIPs easily. As directed by the mods, I am adding a shorter version of the guide here, don't have the time to type it down all again (and I don't like ctrl+v). You an always refer to the full guide.

Download S Duos rooting kit: http://d-h.st/BtL
    Install drivers using kies
    Boot into downloading mode by pressing Vol down + Power + Home button when you are switched off.
    Open odin from the rooting kit and using odin, flash recovery.tar file (also present in rooting kit)
    Just as the phone vibrates (after the flashing process completes) to reboot, eject the battery to prevent stock recovery from overwriting the cwm we just flashed.
    Boot into cwm and flash cwm-superuser-3.1.3.zip file (again, present in the rooting kit)
    Reboot your device and enjoy your rooted S DUos.

:highfive:
    ScP0y.jpg

If you are an Android newbie, check out What rooting is?
    Disclaimer: You and only you are responsible for whatever happens to our device during or after the procedure.
    You just have to download a rooting kit which contains odin, superuser, CWM recovery and the stock recovery. After you have installed the drivers for your device on your PC, cwm is flashed via odin. And finally, flashing superuser.zip using the clockwork mod recovery will root your phone.

A simple note in the guide makes it easy for you to unroot the device. It even includes the stock recovery image which can be flashed in case you want to restore your warranty.

What are you waiting for, give the tutorial a try now.

Don't forget to press the thanks button, if the tutorial works out for you.
    Our Own Forum for Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562

Why are we not bidding for our own forum space. S Duos is quite a popular phone now. atleast in asia. I guess development would be faster if there's a S Duos dedicated forum. else there is lot of replication same information.
    On the link I have provided in the original post, rooting kit is present in which all the files you need are there. A step by step guide will also help you through.
    Help friends
    I have tried to install superuser-3.1.3.zip but every times it appears

E. Failed to verify whole file signature

E. Signature verification failed

please tell me what to do....
    Thanks...

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Is there who have rooted this phone plz reply me...I am having problem ...i have already done every steps upto the removal of battery but after this:confused: ..I have tried to install superuser-3.1.3.zip but every times it appears:mad:

E. Failed to verify whole file signature

E. Signature verification failed

please tell me what to do..

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium app

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Yeah..I m also having the same problem ...what should I do ..should I format my internal and external memory card:confused:
    Plz help...

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

It seems you are installing ZIP from stock recovery.
    Kindly follow proper steps as per mentioned in web page by OP.
    You must have to have CWM Recovery to let SU install successfully.
    Otherwise it won't install.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

This is only for phones with android 4.0.3, not for those with android 4.0.4 !

No, its not like that.
    I have flashed this in two devices running 4.0.4 FW.
    It works like a charm...
    Hi, thank you very much for your tutorial. It works, but I stumbled upon some difficulties, and sharing them might be helpful for some who hasn't root their Galaxy S Duos yet.

Firstly I didn't have enough space on my SD card for the back up. It looks like the whole system is being backed up, not only the stock ROM, but all the programs that are installed so far as well, so I needed about 2 GB.

Secondly when I restarted the device after the failed back up to free some space and then restarted back to clockworkmod recovery, it was the stock recovery mode, but I couldn't spot this except for the fact that the Back & Restore was missing. It looks like if the device is restarted after being once in the custom clockworkmod recovery, goes back automatically to the stock recovery. On the custom one there is a drawing of a "tom hat" in the middle of the display.

Thirdly, when I tried to flash back to the custom clockworkmod recovery, I couldn't do it, since I wasn't removing the battery at the exact moment, or unplugging the cable after removing the battery. Just to make sure that the flash was successful: 1) remove the battery as soon as the device starts vibrating; 2) unplug the USB cable from the device 3) wait a couple of seconds 4) when you put back the battery, the device should not boot it self automatically. You should either press the power button or go to custom clockworkmod recovery mode directly if you have the needed space and files for the rest of the process.

Thanks again. Cheers!