Netmatrix

Jan 7, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
please see thread in dev section

Onecosmic our kernel guy made it
Pawtip for recent help on ril.

I thank nikademus for creating the kernel for us in first place.

And a general thanks to the rest of the people in this thread that helped in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: x0511224

muzicfreako

Jan 9, 2011
AFAIK the boot.img for SGS is different from boot.img of other phones. To decompile boot.img dsixda kitchen is used. It gives an error for our phones when we try to extract the contents of boot.img "Android header not found"...the file doesn't get extracted. Thats the problem.

May be a decent developer can guide us at this point??

Last edited:

Netmatrix

Jan 7, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
AFAIK the boot.img for SGS is different from boot.img of other phones. To decompile boot.img dsixda kitchen is used. It gives an error for our phones when we try to extract the contents of boot.img "Android header not found"...the file doesn't get extracted. Thats the problem.

May be a decent developer can guide us at this point??

Yes i tried that also!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

muzicfreako

Jan 9, 2011
Actually we need the ramdisk file from boot.img. And forr galaxy S the kernel in not inside boot.img as we can see in every rom we have.

Unless theres a way to edit this boot.img...we're stuck.

Netmatrix

Jan 7, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
*subscribing*

the phone is quite similar to the GT-i9000 or at least the Nexus S right ?

so it should be achievable :)

we need a central github repo [preferrably in an organization] for kernel sources, etc.

right the nexus s and galaxy s are quite similar, remembre that cyanogen rom was first ported from nexus s to sgs.

well i'm not a experienced Guy in this, i want to get it to work but if we join forces maybe the goal is achieved early.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported HoneyComb to the GalaxyTab so I guess this won't be too hard :) Just give me some time to take a look at it :)
    here it is!

to flash: i came from fresh cm7 install, wiped everything except sdcard and emmc then flashed, takes a little to boot and then cant get it to unlock :)

oh and if your phone doesnt work its not my fault flash at your own risk

edit: lol forget to put the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fxyza5y4f9qjnqe

aslo if anybody uses it please credit me along with everyone else who helped
    So Galnet comes to the rescue!!!

icecream.jpg

Video Coming soon!
    ok here it is obviously i dont know if it will boot but it should

flash at you own risk

come from fresh cm7 install,

wipe system, data, cache, boot, datadata

flash and hope it works

http://www.mediafire.com/?eiii742jye54dnq

Update: it probably wont boot...I can't get my vibrant version to boot for some reason
    replaced lib file with the one from cm7.1 (the vibrant one cuz i have a vibrant) added bml_over_mtd and bml_over_mtd.sh busybox erase_image flash_image modem.bin and updatersh and modified update script to make it more like the cm7 one

also i used the ramdisk from andrei60ro and compiled that with the stock initramfs and image with a hex editor but the touch screen doesnt work, and i dont use my vibrant as a phone anymore (im on verizon) so idk about that either

also you can get into download mode (thank goodness) and flash there

40% uploaded