[DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel Develompent] [Andro-ID]

Search This thread

olaf111

Jul 6, 2011
what do the modules do?
please explain it to me, im a newbie. :eek:
also, gonna update, but do i need to be on 2.3.4, then flash cwm, then update via recovery mode?
or just flash cwm on 2.3.3, then update via recovery (i downgraded from andro-ID 3.0 final to 2.3.3 official :eek: )
im on vacation now (using camping wifi :p) so im downloading both cwm and andro-ID 3.2 atm.
those modules needed for something?
please reply :rolleyes:

Netas3k

Jul 17, 2011
question about the rom

Hello tj_style. Sound like this rom is awesome. It's cool that there is a rom for galaxy mini.

But i have couple of questions :

1. I've recently flashed to android 2.3.4 GB from samfirmware. Can i flash this rom with my current firmware or do i need some specific firmware?

2. Will the tass.ops file from samfirmware.com do the job done too?

3. And is this rom : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167750 . An update to this rom or a separate rom?

I hope i will hear an answer

Last edited:

olaf111

Jul 6, 2011
Hello tj_style. Sound like this rom is awesome. It's cool that there is a rom for galaxy mini.

But i have couple of questions :

1. I've recently flashed to android 2.3.4 GB from samfirmware. Can i flash this rom with my current firmware or do i need some specific firmware?

2. Will the tass.ops file from samfirmware.com do the job done too?

3. And is this rom : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167750 . An update to this rom or a separate rom?

I hope i will hear an answer

1. you mean s5570XXKPI? then you can flash this just fine ;)
2. if its the tass.ops from firmware S5570XXKPF or S5570XXKPI, then yes
3. that's a cyanogenmod rom, this thread is kind of both about CM and andro-ID
i just flash andro-ID because it's more stable, cyanogenmod has a few issues (shown in the thread :))

Netas3k

Jul 17, 2011
1. you mean s5570XXKPI? then you can flash this just fine ;)
2. if its the tass.ops from firmware S5570XXKPF or S5570XXKPI, then yes
3. that's a cyanogenmod rom, this thread is kind of both about CM and andro-ID
i just flash andro-ID because it's more stable, cyanogenmod has a few issues (shown in the thread :))

Thanks for the reply. Gonna flash this tomorrow.
And what does TJ mean by saying " it's very recommended to wipe your data after installation " does he mean wipe all data on sdcard or what?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA App

Netas3k

Jul 17, 2011
So after the flashing of clockworkmod and installing of andro-id i have to do a factory reset ? Won't that erase the andro-id too ?

olaf111

Jul 6, 2011
in the recovery menu theres an option that says wipe data, just press that after updating from sd card :D
good luck with flashing ;)

olaf111

Jul 6, 2011
i replaced default launcher with touchwiz and everything works but somehow touchwiz looks VERY buggy with misplaced homescreens, strange icons, names, etc. should i uninstall the other default launcher (launcher2) completely first?
because i still have the launcher2 apk backed up in my system/app directory...

mancrystal

Jul 8, 2011
i replaced default launcher with touchwiz and everything works but somehow touchwiz looks VERY buggy with misplaced homescreens, strange icons, names, etc. should i uninstall the other default launcher (launcher2) completely first?
because i still have the launcher2 apk backed up in my system/app directory...

You can unstall and you should backup launcher, befor you reset your phone, you will reinstall launcher, if you not reinstall, your phone can't run and you will flash rom again :)

maxcool12345

Jun 15, 2011
jalandhar
Heyy guys I have got to ask somethng from u guys... as our dvice are like twin brothers with different clothes obviously :p I want to use rom manager but many galaxy fit users have reported that their device got bricked while doing something miserable like updating sort of purposes.... so I wanna ask how do that sofware is working so stable for u guyz...????

Sent from my GT-S5670 using XDA App

olaf111

Jul 6, 2011
You can unstall and you should backup launcher, befor you reset your phone, you will reinstall launcher, if you not reinstall, your phone can't run and you will flash rom again :)

You mean that i should
1. Remove the launcher2.apk entirely
2. Rename the 2.3.3 launcher i got from an earlier post to launcher2.apk
3. Go to the factory reset option in the phone menu and press it
4. If my phone doesmt start, i should reflash andro-ID 3.2 zip package via recovery mode?

Ps. Sorry for my english, im dutch...

olaf111

Jul 6, 2011
i just have to say that this thread is kind of a mess.
its unclear wether you need to update your phone and then flash or just flash right away.
maybe mr. tj should update the first posts to make it more clear ;)
because i can understand people (including me :eek:) dont get it that you first need to update to 2.3.4 OR andro-ID 3.0 final with odin 4.38, that you NEVER should install ''normal'' clockworkmod, that you SHOULD install the clockworkmod tj made BEFORE flashing andro-ID 3.2 via the recovery menu wich you can acces by holding down home+power and that you navigate the recovery menu by using the volume keys and press the home button to select, then wait till its done BEFORE clearing the cache from the same recovery menu and then choosing the reboot option and then wait for about 5 mins before its finally booted and then change the language by selecting the blue gear icon, then scroll down to the white keyboard button and then pressing the topmost option to scroll to your language after which you need to reboot once more so that the notification(s) in the (probably) foreign language are gone.
phew :p

Reactions: roofrider

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE BY FLASHING THIS ROM​
    highly recommended to charge your cell phone at least 90% to prevent failure during flashing process..​

Working:
    • RIL (Phone & Data)
    • 2D & 3D Acceleration
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Tether
    • Bluetooth
    • USB Mount
    • SD Card
    • USB Tether
    • Radio FM

Please See More Info:

Change Log:
    start from this release

Code:
    [B]DOWNLOAD ROM:[/B]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?nv39ja8pwrav2jr"]Andro-id_signed_v3.2.zip[/URL]

[B]DOWNLOAD CWM RECOVERY:[/B]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?zb2xvhktd0xd7w0"]tass-recovery-cwm.tar[/URL]

Usefull Modules:
    View attachment cifs.ko.zip
    View attachment tun.ko.zip
    Place on /system/lib/modules/

Need Overclocked kernel?
    Flashing Instruction

Flash Clockworkod Recovery :
    skip this step if you have clockworkmod installed on your phone

• Download :tass-recovery-cwm.tar
    • Open S5570_Odin Multi Downloader v4.38.exe
    • Select TASS.Ops on OPS Section
    • Check One Package in Option
    • Select tass-recovery-cwm.tar on One Package Section
    • Press Start to start flashing

Flash Andro-ID ROM :
    • Download and copy the latest Andro-ID ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to Recovery Mode
    • Select install zip from sd card
    • Select choose zip from sd card
    • Select the new Andro-ID ROM
    • Select Yes - Install update
    • Wait till the Installation is finish
    • Select reboot system now

IT'S VERY RECOMMENDED TO WIPE YOUR DATA AFTER INSTALLATION
    Thanks tj , Once CM is done would you please release source and write a tutorial on how to compile it for S5570? I am planning to get my hands dirty with android development :D but don't know where and how to start.:confused:

sure, when i make new thread cm7 for galaxy mini.
    i will make tutorial to compiling cm7 from source.

Something new on first page... :D
    overclock kernel uploaded... :)
    ok, update info about cm7 progress.

fix layout problem. now is using ldpi asset with depend on mdpi.
    fix wifi tether, it should be work without problem.
    camera partially fixed, i'm trying to fixing the orientation issue.
    all partition will using ext4, so no more rfs..
    i will make new thread soon..

for andro-id maybe i will not releasing the v3.1, but will releasing the v3.2. that using ext4 partition.

cm7 and andro-id will using clockworkmod for flashing.

Sent from my ViewPad7