[App] Android 4.2 Camera (Preview fix) Install fix

Search This thread

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
I tired this on ChampionSwimmers AOKP build (JB 4.1.2)....I know, I know it is a 4.2 camera but the 4.2 camera has been ported to JB 4.1 many times on other devices and since there are many more users of JB4.1 ROMs than 4.2, I thought I might as well get the test out of the way.....

Eventually I was able to get it to work. I wasn't able to install it using the flashable zip...it may be the recovery I am using (it is Thomas1991_12's dual recovery with TWRP and CWM...neither would install the zip). So I manually installed Gallery2.apk and the library files (set permissions to 644) and the camera is working. The videorec FCs when you stop recording (saves the video though!). Panorama is also FCing...but I believe this is common when putting the 4.2 camera onto JB4.1 based ROMs....also the Forward Facing camera is FCing but I believe this also may be a bug in the AOKP ROM I am using. Unless some one else reports for a 4.2 ROM, I will test it out later today...

I attached two logcats, one for the viderec crashing and one for the panorama crashing....

Thanks a lot for this!

EDIT: forgot to mention that the zip appears to load correctly (doesn't throw any errors) but the new gallery does not appear in /system/app....

Attachments

• logvidrec.txt
    75.8 KB · Views: 98
  • logpanorama.txt
    62.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reactions: yeubacgiang

iriijo

Nov 28, 2011
Im working on Android 4.2 so this fix will be included but before the rom is stable, ... I thought why not first a camera fix :) I think this errors will go when we swtich to 4.2 ;)

bg

iriijo / irii-soft

Reactions: zemae and pluGinSz

iriijo

Nov 28, 2011
PS Will upload a fix later for the zip flash package

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda app-developers app

Reactions: pluGinSz

Maestropcxp

Apr 14, 2012
Great, work great in preview 4.2 of PAC.
A little glitch: when i put vertical the phone, the app delay to refresh the image.

Salu2

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Running szl.kiev's CM10.1 using the provided kernel. Flashed the latest update of the 4.2 camera. Camera is working just fine. Videorec is not...does not record or save anything. Weird because this was working on my 4.1 ROM....so I installed the original 4.2 camera and tried it as well...videorec also not working, so it is a Jelly Bean 4.2 issue. Also tried vidrec in 420p resolution and it behaves the same....

Attached logcat of videorec from the latest release....

I also noticed that when the camera is changing modes that it flashes an image of what appears to be the miui green grass wall paper......

Attachments

• logvidrec2.txt
    153 bytes · Views: 21

Maestropcxp

Apr 14, 2012
Another bug.

The image preview is to much wide in 8mpx resolucion. If you add 6mpx (16:9) would be nice :D

Salu2

PD: I flash 4.2 w/gapps again and the fix not work :(

Last edited:

littlejoelgriffo

Dec 13, 2012
Wow! Great work! Confirmed working on Xperia arc s 4.1.2.

I did a little test. I put the camera on some perfectly circular coins. On the 16:9 preview, they're stretched from a 4:3 ratio. However the photo was saved as 4:3 and not stretched so the end result was circular coins. :)

Salute to you sir :beer:

iriijo

Nov 28, 2011
I'm a student so I have not much time and I'm working on more projects like CM 10.1 (Android 4.2), Kernel Developing, MIUI and Camera and this needs all time, family, ....

But I look forward to release a next version soon :)

bg

iriijo / irii-soft

szl.kiev

Aug 25, 2010
Cool...
Have you pushed it on github? And may I use it?

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2 Camera with Preview fix
    irii-soft​

Pictueres: Use Google

Reason for fix: Why not :)

Download:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1568511&stc=1&d=1355685802

Please hit the thanks button :)

Problems:
    Some FCs
    Preview is streched
    Hello guys ...

Great work mate :good:

but not enough to modify only apk file, because it requires another driver from JB 4.2, be some firmware files and some files the camera module that can be used, it will run fine ...

i know i know on ICS ROM Video Record work fine ... but it, run another apps for video on ICS, like Camera Original or My Cyber-shot Mod :p

I'm now trying and I'm looking for the source so that the Camera 4.2 can be used with either in ROM 4.1+ or 4.2+ on Xperia or all device with no bug

Edit : here is for example https://github.com/lgics/cm_device_lge_msm7x27-common/tree/jellybean/libcamera

Cheers ;)

Best Regards
    Rizal Lovins
    I'm a student so I have not much time and I'm working on more projects like CM 10.1 (Android 4.2), Kernel Developing, MIUI and Camera and this needs all time, family, ....

But I look forward to release a next version soon :)

bg

iriijo / irii-soft
    Will bring later Artikel new Version out

Flash yes the other FC maybe. I will push it to github soon.