[ROM][4.3] Nexus S AOSP JLS36G / 24.09.2013 v0.7

Search This thread

Lafriks

Aug 27, 2010
Mārupe
Completely built from AOSP source without any modifications and this ROM will be kept that way (except for bug fixes and performance improvements)

This is my first built ROM so be warned! :)

Only for Nexus S! (It will NOT work on Nexus S 4G)

Features:
  • Clean AOSP 4.3
  • Marmite kernel

Known to work:
  • RIL (Call, SMS, MMS) (MMS - not tested but should be working)
  • WIFI
  • Sound
  • Camera
  • Vibration
  • Sensor
  • Internal Storage
  • EGL / Touch screen
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth

Known issues:
  • Superuser must be flashed using seperate zip

attachment.php

Installation steps:
  • Boot into recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Install aosp_crespo-jb43-v0.7.zip
  • Install gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
  • Install superuser.zip
  • Reboot
  • Wait (first boot will take some time)
  • Enjoy ;)

Download:
ROM: Download

Gapps: goo.im

Superuser: superuser.zip

Changelog
Code:
24.09.2013 v0.7
* Updated to 4.3 r3.1 (JLS36G)
* Marmite kernel 9.1

16.09.2013 v0.6
* Marmite kernel updated to 3.0.96
* Completly removed Superuser from ROM (it was not working correctly anyway)

01.09.2013 v0.5
* Updated to 4.3 r2.2 (JSS15Q)
* Marmite kernel updated to 3.0.94
* New gapps link ([B]if you want to use new gapps full factory reset is [COLOR="Red"]required[/COLOR][/B])

Source:
GitHub

Thanks to:
@greenblue
@steven676

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-12-11-58-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-12-11-58-23.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 30,640
Last edited:

Lafriks

Aug 27, 2010
Mārupe
Changelog:

Code:
14.08.2013 v0.4
* Removed AOSP Calendar app

13.08.2013 v0.3
* Fixed bluetooth

13.08.2013 v0.2
* Fixed cropped lockscreen
* Fixed location services
* Changed from SuperSU to Koush Superuser so that it would be easier to make update package but something is still not working as expected :)
* Some other small fixes

Last edited:

velishka

Nov 20, 2010
Bluetooth not working
Cropped clock on lock screen
Both of those issues are fixed in win7fun build.
What about location services? Is it working?
Glad to see someone is stepping up! Will test tonight

Last edited:

aalaap

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
aalaap.com
I got a Warning: No file_contexts while flashing the zip via CWM, but it installed fine and is working just fine! :fingers-crossed:

That cropped clock actually looks kinda stylish! :laugh:

JOJ6KfY.png

Last edited:

steven676

Nov 24, 2011
  • Bluetooth not working

Not 100% sure what's happening here, but I believe you are going to need to build your own kernel even if that's not the root cause of the problem. The following two commits are kind of important for fully working BT: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/19a208a64958ff0cefb43c7b1623307ca090edd2 (allows phone to sleep after initializing BT hardware), https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/15ced1fb4a207c2e99ea007ce447d9b5cd676435 (allows use of Bluetooth keyboards and mice).

• Cropped clock on lock screen

That's the bug fixed by this patch against frameworks/base.

As for network location, have a look at the overlays in device/sample/products. You can either copy over the relevant changes directly, or (better yet) just include those overlays in your build -- look at soju.mk in my tree for an example. (If you want to start from that product instead of full_crespo, use "lunch soju-userdebug" instead of "lunch full_crespo-userdebug" when building.)

Lafriks

Aug 27, 2010
Mārupe
Not 100% sure what's happening here, but I believe you are going to need to build your own kernel even if that's not the root cause of the problem. The following two commits are kind of important for fully working BT: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/19a208a64958ff0cefb43c7b1623307ca090edd2 (allows phone to sleep after initializing BT hardware), https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/15ced1fb4a207c2e99ea007ce447d9b5cd676435 (allows use of Bluetooth keyboards and mice).

As for network location, have a look at the overlays in device/sample/products. You can either copy over the relevant changes directly, or (better yet) just include those overlays in your build -- look at soju.mk in my tree for an example. (If you want to start from that product instead of full_crespo, use "lunch soju-userdebug" instead of "lunch full_crespo-userdebug" when building.)

Thanks for the hints! Hoped to get away without compilling kernel but oh well.. :) Will try to look at compilling and testing marmite/cm kernels to try to fix bluetooth but that's for tomorow... it's too late already for me tonight :)

jayzu2512

Dec 12, 2009
Thanks for the hints! Hoped to get away without compilling kernel but oh well.. :) Will try to look at compilling and testing marmite/cm kernels to try to fix bluetooth but that's for tomorow... it's too late already for me tonight :)

Location isn't working. Plz fix it

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

lagloose

Feb 11, 2008
Just did a quick check with this ROM.

- Network Location is working for me.

- Bluetooth not working because of missing libbt-vendor.so in /system/vendor/lib. Extracted from win7fun's build an attached to this post. Rename to 'libbt-vendor.so' (Only remove '.zip' extension. It is not zipped !) Push to /system/vendor/lib and to be clean, chmod to 644. And NO, i won't make a flashable zip of it. If anyone wants to do, feel free.

- However, there seems to be a bug with the Data signal indicator. It doesn't switch fron 3G to H and doesn't show the little traffic up/down arrows.

Beside that, very good work !

Greetz

Attachments

• libbt-vendor.so.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 106

Lafriks

Aug 27, 2010
Mārupe
Just did a quick check with this ROM.

- Network Location is working for me.

- Bluetooth not working because of missing libbt-vendor.so in /system/vendor/lib. Extracted from win7fun's build an attached to this post. Rename to 'libbt-vendor.so' (Only remove '.zip' extension. It is not zipped !) Push to /system/vendor/lib and to be clean, chmod to 644. And NO, i won't make a flashable zip of it. If anyone wants to do, feel free.

- However, there seems to be a bug with the Data signal indicator. It doesn't switch fron 3G to H and doesn't show the little traffic up/down arrows.

Beside that, very good work !

Greetz

Thanks. Found where Google has moved libbt repo so libbt-vender.so is now built from source and included in ROM. Have no devices at hand now to check if it's really working but bluetooth can be enabled now and at least it scans for devices. Fixed in v0.3

Will look what can be done about mobile data signal indicator

Reactions: greg2826

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Completely built from AOSP source without any modifications and this ROM will be kept that way (except for bug fixes and performance improvements)

This is my first built ROM so be warned! :)

Only for Nexus S! (It will NOT work on Nexus S 4G)

Features:
    • Clean AOSP 4.3
    • Marmite kernel

Known to work:
    • RIL (Call, SMS, MMS) (MMS - not tested but should be working)
    • WIFI
    • Sound
    • Camera
    • Vibration
    • Sensor
    • Internal Storage
    • EGL / Touch screen
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth

Known issues:
    • Superuser must be flashed using seperate zip

attachment.php

Installation steps:
    • Boot into recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Install aosp_crespo-jb43-v0.7.zip
    • Install gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
    • Install superuser.zip
    • Reboot
    • Wait (first boot will take some time)
    • Enjoy ;)

Download:
    ROM: Download

Gapps: goo.im

Superuser: superuser.zip

Changelog
    Code:
    24.09.2013 v0.7
    * Updated to 4.3 r3.1 (JLS36G)
    * Marmite kernel 9.1

16.09.2013 v0.6
    * Marmite kernel updated to 3.0.96
    * Completly removed Superuser from ROM (it was not working correctly anyway)

01.09.2013 v0.5
    * Updated to 4.3 r2.2 (JSS15Q)
    * Marmite kernel updated to 3.0.94
    * New gapps link ([B]if you want to use new gapps full factory reset is [COLOR="Red"]required[/COLOR][/B])

Source:
    GitHub

Thanks to:
    @greenblue
    @steven676
    Ok so when is the dev going to start on clean AOSP 4.4 :D :D

Later today when I get home from work :) Good thing it's Friday :)
    Good ROM. I think it bester if have quick setting control

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

I like that feature as well but I want to keep this ROM as clean as possible. Maybe I will make mod later...
    Hmm why isnt there SELinux in the Settings about phone app :eek:

Can you enable it?

It needs kernel with enabled SELinux. When I will have more time I will try to build marmite