[09.FEB.2011][CWR] RAFDROID GINGER 2.0 [A2SD+] [Kern:Rafpigna 1.7OC][RMNET]

Search This thread

rafpigna

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2008
Rome

This build is a port from the Oxygen v2.0-RC7 by AdamG -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829734

All credit for this fast and awesome build goes to him.
Big Thanks also to DIEM that gave me a first booting port of RC7 saving me some hours of work!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment I consider this a BETA because some features doesnt work. Some are not under my control because of the google code. Some others I will try to fix in the next releases.
This build is FAST.. Is minimal so may be you dont like it but you will like the speed. I would also suggest to change your build.prop to use 200DPI as default... the look enanchment is AWESOME

FEATURES

• Android v2.3.2 built from AOSP from AdamG
  • Latest Google Apps already included
  • Superuser (rooted)
  • Busybox
  • Zeam Launcher as default launcher
  • % Battery icon
  • Ability to add/remove silent mode
  • Ability to download any file type
  • Ability to kill apps by long press back
  • Customizable power widget
  • Reboot menu
  • Status bar power widget (not available in Gingerbread release yet)
  • Improved widget picker
  • Oxygen Settings app
  • Auto APNs
  • AdsFree
  • App2SD (if you make an Ext partition)
  • 260mb free after first install on EU HD2

WHAT IS WORKING
  • 2G/3G RMNET
  • WIFI
  • BT
  • GPS (thanks to Diem and gauner1986 for the fix)
  • CAMERA 5MP
  • CAMCORDER 800*480
  • USB Mount (use a mount app from the market)

WHAT IS NOT WORKING

• Look at bug report (post 2)

APP2SD+
  • If you insert an SD card with EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 partition, APP2SD+ feature will be enabled on next boot. You will always see around 280MB free, but your apps will be automatically moved to the EXT partition. To see the free space, download Pro System Info from the market. Dalvik cache is still on the internal memory so you may see it decreasing. Anyway rebooting the phone moves all the installed apps to the SD. If some app has any issue to boot, go in the applications settings, choose the app, and move it in the internal storage again. Once you activate the App2SD+ feature you cannot revert anymore!

• If you dont insert an SD card with EXT partition your apps will be normally stored on the internal phone memory.

CHANGELOG

HTML:
2.0 - 9 FEB
- Updated to AdamG's RC7 (Android 2.3.2)
- Added Zeam Launcher as default launcher

RC1 - 13 JAN
- First release

DOWNLOADS

150mb CWR layout is enough for this build that takes only 110mb. Anyway standard CWR layout has 44mb cache that this build not uses, so are 44mb of internal storage wasted.
So I suggest to flash this custom version to have more internal storage available. -> http://www.multiupload.com/LVBWUM9L28

http://www.multiupload.com/WD83QRSA99

rafdroid_ginger_2r0.png

Old versions:
RC1

DAF version -> http://www.multiupload.com/JKS72T9202
CWM version -> http://www.multiupload.com/I4U8LFEVZV [USE THAT ONLY WITH CWM]

CREDITS AND THANKS

Credits to:

-AdamG for his great ginger build
-Diem: while I was busy with my DesHD build he made the first working port and give it to me, saving me some hours of work. Thanks mate!
-Cotulla and DFT for making all this possible
-darkstone for his big help, the coding bits, the debug and the hours spent helping me
-Rajko,crawlingcity,atoore,ocm,Cass,cedesmith,domineus

DONATE - THANKS

If you like this build you shall consider to donate to
AdamG that is the chef. I just ported it to our HD2.

Then, if you would like to donate me a coffee or a beer for all the time spent in testing and debugging the port, you can do it here

If you dont want to donate, a click on the "thanks" button is anyway appreciated :D

SCREENSHOTS

screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png

Last edited:

rafpigna

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2008
Rome
REPORTED BUGS

• Native usb mount works only on first boot. Use an external app from the market if you need usb mass storage mount, like Double Mount.
  • Notification led not works. This is know. I used old lights lib to preserve the autobacklight feature.

TO DO LIST

• Nothing ATM :)

KERNEL

UPDATES & PATCHES

To be flashed via CWR
(soon)

Last edited:

kendragon

Apr 14, 2009
Bari
hello thanks for your work, the gps works good for navigation or it doesn't fix as in MDJ rom?

edit:
I'm sorry I have read bug report , sorry

resa73

May 29, 2009
Mille Grazie!! ;-)

Can you make an SD Card Version from this ROM?

si può anche fare un'altra versione die SD Card?;)

seavers11

May 11, 2007
at the moment i use mdeejays gingerbread 2.3 can i use your framework.apk for this build too ??

A

ajt320

Preliminary Obs

Good build.

First boot - Market force close error and no network picked up automatically.

2nd boot - again had to manually register with network provider.

Also could not get a GPS fix (using GPS Fix and Chartcross GPS Test).

Otherwise all good.:eek::eek:

seavers11

May 11, 2007
Can someone test whats battery drain is in this build with bluetooth on ? With mdeejays cynmod 2.3 i have about 60ma thats too much...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This build is a port from the Oxygen v2.0-RC7 by AdamG -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829734

All credit for this fast and awesome build goes to him.
    Big Thanks also to DIEM that gave me a first booting port of RC7 saving me some hours of work!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment I consider this a BETA because some features doesnt work. Some are not under my control because of the google code. Some others I will try to fix in the next releases.
    This build is FAST.. Is minimal so may be you dont like it but you will like the speed. I would also suggest to change your build.prop to use 200DPI as default... the look enanchment is AWESOME

FEATURES

• Android v2.3.2 built from AOSP from AdamG
    • Latest Google Apps already included
    • Superuser (rooted)
    • Busybox
    • Zeam Launcher as default launcher
    • % Battery icon
    • Ability to add/remove silent mode
    • Ability to download any file type
    • Ability to kill apps by long press back
    • Customizable power widget
    • Reboot menu
    • Status bar power widget (not available in Gingerbread release yet)
    • Improved widget picker
    • Oxygen Settings app
    • Auto APNs
    • AdsFree
    • App2SD (if you make an Ext partition)
    • 260mb free after first install on EU HD2

WHAT IS WORKING
    • 2G/3G RMNET
    • WIFI
    • BT
    • GPS (thanks to Diem and gauner1986 for the fix)
    • CAMERA 5MP
    • CAMCORDER 800*480
    • USB Mount (use a mount app from the market)

WHAT IS NOT WORKING

• Look at bug report (post 2)

APP2SD+
    • If you insert an SD card with EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 partition, APP2SD+ feature will be enabled on next boot. You will always see around 280MB free, but your apps will be automatically moved to the EXT partition. To see the free space, download Pro System Info from the market. Dalvik cache is still on the internal memory so you may see it decreasing. Anyway rebooting the phone moves all the installed apps to the SD. If some app has any issue to boot, go in the applications settings, choose the app, and move it in the internal storage again. Once you activate the App2SD+ feature you cannot revert anymore!

• If you dont insert an SD card with EXT partition your apps will be normally stored on the internal phone memory.

CHANGELOG

HTML:
    2.0 - 9 FEB
    - Updated to AdamG's RC7 (Android 2.3.2)
    - Added Zeam Launcher as default launcher

RC1 - 13 JAN
    - First release

DOWNLOADS

150mb CWR layout is enough for this build that takes only 110mb. Anyway standard CWR layout has 44mb cache that this build not uses, so are 44mb of internal storage wasted.
    So I suggest to flash this custom version to have more internal storage available. -> http://www.multiupload.com/LVBWUM9L28

http://www.multiupload.com/WD83QRSA99

rafdroid_ginger_2r0.png

Old versions:
    RC1

DAF version -> http://www.multiupload.com/JKS72T9202
    CWM version -> http://www.multiupload.com/I4U8LFEVZV [USE THAT ONLY WITH CWM]

CREDITS AND THANKS

Credits to:

-AdamG for his great ginger build
    -Diem: while I was busy with my DesHD build he made the first working port and give it to me, saving me some hours of work. Thanks mate!
    -Cotulla and DFT for making all this possible
    -darkstone for his big help, the coding bits, the debug and the hours spent helping me
    -Rajko,crawlingcity,atoore,ocm,Cass,cedesmith,domineus

DONATE - THANKS

If you like this build you shall consider to donate to
    AdamG that is the chef. I just ported it to our HD2.

Then, if you would like to donate me a coffee or a beer for all the time spent in testing and debugging the port, you can do it here

If you dont want to donate, a click on the "thanks" button is anyway appreciated :D

SCREENSHOTS

screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png
    REPORTED BUGS

• Native usb mount works only on first boot. Use an external app from the market if you need usb mass storage mount, like Double Mount.
    • Notification led not works. This is know. I used old lights lib to preserve the autobacklight feature.

TO DO LIST

• Nothing ATM :)

KERNEL

UPDATES & PATCHES

To be flashed via CWR
    (soon)

- maybe I need also this :D -
    I'm experiencing some severe issues and I'm trying to undestand how to solve them.
    No ETA at the moment, sorry.
    woot, woot...here it comes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

not yet.. solved all the small bugs and issues. but I still cant have camera working.. I'm working hard now on it.