Search This thread

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
i have made this one... i like ARHD!!!
ANDROID%20REVOLUTION%20HD%20SPLASH.bmp

Sharpi1

Aug 14, 2011
Wuppertal
simply, can you send me a PM with an easy german how to flash a splash screen? ^^
Is there no way to flash it via recovery?

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
These are awesome thanks so much :) Cant believe i havent come across android flasher before, its so useful and noob friendly :)

How do you make them ? or is that top secret information ?

i use illustrator and photoshop ;) the words in the background are stollen from the arhd thread:

ROM details:
Removed software (CPU) rendering - full Adreno220 (GPU) rendering
Fully optimized and tweaked
ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions - Thanks to ChainsDD)
Unsecured boot.img
Newest BusyBox
RAM optimizations
Improved Adreno220 configuration for better quality and performance!
Speed optimizations
Enabled GPU UI rendering
SD Card speed tweak
Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
All system applications updated to latest available
Improved camera performance
Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
Fully de-odexed
init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
sysro/sysrw commands support
Excellent battery life!
Improved EXT4 performance by changing mounting method
SD card EXT4 partition support
OpenVPN support
4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
Support almost 24h a day
...and many more!

DanOMac

Mar 20, 2011
here is my latest splash image i cant seam to get the font rite at the mo tho

Last edited:

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Here are mine... I change them A LOT!

Here they are.... all for ics:

This is one I made for Sense 4.0:

sense.jpg

this is from the galaxy nexus:

google.jpg

this one is one I made for AOSP/AOKP/Whatever ICS:

ics.jpg

I have attached the corresponding .img files for you. Enjoy!

Attachments

• google.img
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 41
  • ics.img
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 19
  • sense.img
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: tjamaican

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i use this image find in deviantart i like it

All this hooking up the phone to a computer to flash a new splash screen is WAY more complicated than this needs to be.

You can keep various splash screens on the phone ready to be switched as the mood strikes you when you're out and about since almost 1 click access.

Here's what you do.

Create a directory on the SD Card called "splashscreens" (Or whatever you'd like to call it)

Put all of your *.IMG splash screen files there. Just be sure to name them descriptively since you won't be able to view them. So if you have a splash screen of the Joker, call the file Joker.img and the splash screen of Batman as batman.img so you know which files are which. You get the idea.

Got that part? Great. You're halfway home. And you're all set up already for the next time too!

Now download an app call GScript from the market. It's free. All it is is basically a terminal emulator that saves scripts so you can run them off a menu instead of typing them out each time. (Brilliant, huh?!)

Save the following line as a script. Make sure it's EXACT.

dd if=/mnt/sdcard/splashscreens/custom.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14

Be sure to check that this script needs SU access.

Now run it, and it'll find that Joker.img that you renamed to custom.img in your splashscreen directory and flash it to the right place in the phone.

Want to use another image tomorrow? Just rename custom.img back to joker.img so you'll know what it is next time, rename the new image file to custom.img. Go back to GScript and click your saved splash screen flashing script and boom! New splash screen. Go you, you're more awesome than your friends!

Coming from the MyTouch 4G, this is the only way anyone flashes splash screens. If you type the script in right the first time, it's 100% idiot proof the next 1000 times.

(Full disclosure. Someone else in these forums knew what what mmc block to flash for the Sensation, which is different for the MyTouch 4G. I can't find that post to give the guy credit, nor could I have piled through the code to figure it out myself.)

Warnings...

Do NOT use this script on other devices. Another device will keep the splash screen in a different spot and you might flash your splash screen overtop of something far more important. The method should work on at least most HTC devices, but the exact location will be different for most. For example it's blk16 on the MyTouch 4G.

The images for flashing still have to be properly formated as 960x540 IMG files. You can use the other tools for that. This won't magically make any old 200x200 JPEG into an awesome splash screen.

If you botch it, it's not my fault. I literally just did this seconds ago and it works like a charm if you do it right.
    Black HTC splash instead of the bright white one. Pulled the images off the HTC Black boot animation http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193798. So now there is a matching black splash screen to match the black boot animation.
    Well, since we have achieved the ability to change our splash screens via fastboot and nbimg (see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193747), I figured i'd start a "Post your splash screen" thread like many other devices have in their respective subforum.

TIP: Please don't post images smaller than 960x540, as that is the resolution of our device.
    TIP2: Stop requesting custom splashs from people if the image you have is lesser than 960x540.

splash1.bmp

CREDIT: Shaquiel Harris (for linking to the image) & show-p1984 (for creating the image)