[Q] LG Optimus L3 (E400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ssbk23

Jun 5, 2008
Hello everybody, I am trying to root my LG Optimus L3 (E400) with no luck so far.
Tried couple of apps (z4root and gingerbreak) but nothing happens.
I can't seem to find any related threads about this device.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Billy

edyscape

Apr 21, 2012
Hi, I have the same phone, I never thought I would meet someone with the same phone trying to root. I also haven't had any success so far. Any suggestions?

videojo

Apr 21, 2012
original roms v10b, v10c, v10d

link from lg server:
hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGE400/ACISBK/V10B_00/V10B_00.kdz

hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGE400/ABALBK/V10C_00/V10C_00.kdz

hxxp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGE400/ABALBK/V10D_00/V10D_00.kdz

extract rom with tools : cygwin, unyaffs, dzddecryptor,Lgextract.....

my lg-e400 antutu test: 2551 points android 2.3.6 v10D, i have launcher installed; xperia s for all qvga, with widgets from xperia works great!

videojo lg-e400 l3 , lg p350

Last edited:
Reactions: sanderpunto

videojo

Apr 21, 2012
hello, i have wifi connection problem with my Lg e400 v10d rom, all 2min on off on off wifi, it works not stable. wifi bug or hardware ? please tested!
my LG p350 works greater

lg e400 vs. p350

le400
pro:
nice hardware layout
faster cpu 2551 points antutu
good accu performance (standby up to 600h )
3,2" Display

con:
bad speaker sound quality
bad display colors contrast
bad camera
wifi bug? !

lg p350

pro:
display more pixel looks greater ,more contrast and color
stable android 2.2.2 v10g
root p350 (v10c rom)
nice mod firmwares arc xp 1.4 rom......

con:
antutu test on rom v10g 1304 points
2.8" display to small
camera

ps. i have tested root tool :-( ( failed to get shell root)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dero666

edyscape

Apr 21, 2012
I also tried to root with z4root and GingerBreak, and same as OP I had no success.
I tried this guide to manually rooting it hxxp://erodov.com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-page2.html I set the phone into download mode (it said "emergency mode"), at this point, Nautilus in Ubuntu didn't recognize my phone, and I wasn't able to continue rooting. Any methods for manually rooting 2.3.6?

videojo

Apr 21, 2012
hello, i have tested LGP920_megatron-root-tool, phone 3x reboot but don`t root the phone :-(

videojo

Apr 21, 2012
hello, it works :) on my Lg-e400 v10d rom thanks :)

and now?

i have tested setcpu tool, i can set min 320mhz max 800mhz, how can i overclock up to 850mhz-900mhz ?
can i install Clockword recovery.img from lg-p350 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: lkrstov

bigthree

Jan 2, 2012
question for L3 E-400

hello, it works :) on my Lg-e400 v10d rom thanks :)

and now?

i have tested setcpu tool, i can set min 320mhz max 800mhz, how can i overclock up to 850mhz-900mhz ?
can i install Clockword recovery.img from lg-p350 ?

how to move or set the default installation of apps and games to sd card??? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to keep you guys informed: The servers are on cooldown currently, so I am not working on the site right now. I am doing this from time to time to guarantee a good site performance. As for the download servers: I will upload the files to several hosting services and when one throws me out there will be only a couple of downloads unavailable for a few hours(there will be a page to show the server status so you can check that out too). I hope that this will solve all the issues I had before I left. Everything should be ready within two weeks from now(and this time I mean it :D)
    I had some sex with CM10 source and 3.4 kernel: :p
    2a80mc4.png
    I'm back!

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I banned myself from the internet because of school, but I'm back!
    The reason I left was because I had to focus on school if I wanted to make it this year, but this didn't work out as I wanted.

I have followed the blog that hecaex took over from me lately and I noticed that it has moved to another place several times.
    Well, those days will be over soon, because I'm 'rebooting' e400 ROMs and this time it will stay at the same place.

I'm working very hard to finish this new site, but I have some hosting issues(as usual:p), so I can't publish it right now.
    however, I can already give you some features of this new site that will be included:

- Pinboard style theme with featured images, It gives a grid effect which is very nice when browsing ROMs
    - Developers can submit their own ROMs!
    - you can become a member and have your own profile page(especially usefull for developers)
    - Direct messages to other members
    - ROM rating(so developers, you can now compete with eachother for the best rating:D)
    - A support chat at the bottom of the website, so you can ask me questions when I'm online through the chat

This is not everything yet, but it gives you a picture of what the new site will contain;)
    I will also work on the e400 ROMs app again and you will be redirected to a download page of it when you visit the site on mobile.
    I will post more info and the link soon and from now on I will be active in the facebook groups, this forum and the modaco forum again.

I hope you guys forgive me for leaving for nothing(since I screwed up this schoolyear anyway) and that you will like my new site!

Misterff1
    4shared.com/zip/gXvhV_JK/stock_recovery_restorer.html
    That was the zip that i used by the message ''stock recovery restored''

V10i i allready tried to.
    But im going to try it again after dinner :)

EDIT: This is where i downloaded the kdz file.

lg-phones.org/official-lg-optimus-l3-firmware-download.html

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

KDZ Settings

Type: 3GQCT
    Version: V10I_00
    Phonemode: DIAG

Result:
    L3 Reboots till LG logo, Like everytime
    Rebooting gets me back to CWM Recovery.

KDZ LOG FILE:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/qfvNu47T/KDZ_FW_UPD_log.html

You have to adb to bootloader from cmd line in windows
    adb reboot-bootloader
    and then fastboot stock recovery (see attachment)
    and use from cmd line

fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

at last u type fastboot reboot
    make sure u put adb / fastboot / recovery.img in preferably c:tools

Thanks Marvinzek for the files
    to be able to port bug-free cm10

i guess we have to upgrade our kernel first.

other devs hv been using this idea since then and successfully created good cm10 builds for other phones

wait for our cm maintainers (official and unofficial) because i know they are the only ones whos in capable of doing that or if u could release one, do it instead

Some really good devs are working on cm10 when they have the device...
    The team called TeamHackLG (2 guys are from pecancm team)
    Are working on cm10/.1/.2 for L5 and L7 and they will support our device too!
    They told me that they will get the l3 in some days and they will start instantly to build cm10 for us!