[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - Call for beta testers - All HBOOTS - MT4GS

Search This thread

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It says Gingerbread on the download...i am guessing the version we are running on our phone really does not matter....since i am using a ice cream version...

Well maybe does have to be a GB rom on it since I error at sending back up stage.....

Last edited:

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Does the type of wire matter? I know it has to be insulated but the actual wire itself, does it have to be a specific kind? I want to try this method tomorrow after work!

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using XDA

No...wire is wire...looking around xda some including myself using paper clip that is wrapped in tape but i cant get past the error with transferring back up....

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

It says Gingerbread on the download...i am guessing the version we are running on our phone really does not matter....since i am using a ice cream version...

Well maybe does have to be a GB rom on it since I error at sending back up stage.....

Ok my quess is since there is a gingerbread kernel it has to be a GB rom?...sigh

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ok after a few tense moments I got s-off! After trying and getting the backup failed msg every time i tried I found a solution....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25186986

It has files for a different phone but the executable its self is universal so put .1 in the adb folder instead of .2 and voila it worked....

THe wire trick was not as hard as i thought...the timing did not to seem to be a biggie....the hole was deeper than i thought and I used a paperclip wrapped in electric tape....

Once I got s-off I was stuck...I don't know if it was because I loaded the hboot that came with the app or what...I said yes so not sure....but I flashed recovery and then I was getting errors in recovery about not able to mount anything....well luckily I flashed a nandroid earlier today....I restored that back up and voila back up.....

So get the .1 version of the app....do a nandroid before you try this....and now I can flash kernels on the fly...yay.....thanks guys!!!

Reactions: mrbmg

GravvyTrain

Apr 7, 2011
Atlantis
Ok after a few tense moments I got s-off! After trying and getting the backup failed msg every time i tried I found a solution....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25186986

It has files for a different phone but the executable its self is universal so put .1 in the adb folder instead of .2 and voila it worked....

THe wire trick was not as hard as i thought...the timing did not to seem to be a biggie....the hole was deeper than i thought and I used a paperclip wrapped in electric tape....

Once I got s-off I was stuck...I don't know if it was because I loaded the hboot that came with the app or what...I said yes so not sure....but I flashed recovery and then I was getting errors in recovery about not able to mount anything....well luckily I flashed a nandroid earlier today....I restored that back up and voila back up.....

So get the .1 version of the app....do a nandroid before you try this....and now I can flash kernels on the fly...yay.....thanks guys!!!

Question: What did you ground the wire on? The SDcard cover?
I went through the same scenario, but found out that recovery wouldn't mount SD because it was corrupted during the process...even after formatting the card, it still won't mount in recovery. Good thing it was the 8gb that got screwed and not the 32gb that I had to use to install a new ROM.

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Question: What did you ground the wire on? The SDcard cover?
I went through the same scenario, but found out that recovery wouldn't mount SD because it was corrupted during the process...even after formatting the card, it still won't mount in recovery. Good thing it was the 8gb that got screwed and not the 32gb that I had to use to install a new ROM.

Yeah the SD Card cover....and yeah I used an old card when i did the shorting...but after i had the mounting issue with the new card but like I said after it did the restore...all was well :) I don't think you have to flash the hboot included....you have s-off...I am not knowledgeable enough to know what the benefit of installing the different hboot is....

HappyKhicken

Jul 30, 2009
So what's the deal with this method? I see it listed on their site, but I'm also hearing stories of bricks. Is it safe or not to do? I'd hate to brick my phone that's only a month old...

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:
jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

2012-04-23

Last edited:

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I can atest it works...v2 that they have on thier site didn't work but I found v1 and if I can do it then anyone can...I suck at linux (not go for an IT Networking student but its a fact of life...) but I did it 1st time through....just make sure you have a nand back up before hand....not sure how you make a partition table but once i did the restore I was all good

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
BTW WTF is a juopunut or a juopunutbear. I have never met the word...

Edit: apparently it is finnish for drunken bear? Cool if it is...

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Last edited:

manimmal

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in Florida
I keep getting the message:

ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error:
Connect device...
Press ENTER to exit.....

Happened with anyone else that tried it out???

onebenadams

Mar 3, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks so much for helping me s-off mytouch 4g slide, worked like a charm after a few tries as well as the proper wire which I took from and old audio video cable.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Last edited:

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I keep getting the message:

ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error:
Connect device...
Press ENTER to exit.....

Happened with anyone else that tried it out???

IS this after you ran it?...would need a reboot of your phone but it means ADB is not seeing your phone....might try rebooting your computer or try using a different USB port....I am assuming that you have USB debugging on and have the usb drivers installed....

onebenadams

Mar 3, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys and gals, I have achieved s-off using this after a few tries. I would suggest using an old coaxial wire small enough to fit in the hole as instructed as I've tried Ethernet wires and they don't stay together to complete the 2nd contact. Thanks so much for this.

P.S. I flashed the hboot suggested or engineered by the dev(s) as well. Thank you, Thank You...

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using xda premium

Last edited:
The stiffer ethernet cable (meant for running in walls more than being used as patch cables) has solid conductor wire which would IMO be perfect. Any solid conductor wire of small enough gauge would be good. Even stranded wire should work if you twist the wires together nice and tight. In fact, a bread wrapper tie would be something everyone can relate to, is small diameter, is insulated, and very easy to find without cutting any otherwise useful cable. All you need is an electrical conductor that is insulated from your ESD harboring little hands.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Oh, and hello, follow Floridian.

onebornoflight

Dec 23, 2011
Worked on 1.45.0013 yesterday lol... but then mobile data went wonky for about an hour. I'm running CM9 alpha 4. It's back now... any theories as to why that would've happened?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

manimmal

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in Florida
Worked on 1.45.0013 yesterday lol... but then mobile data went wonky for about an hour. I'm running CM9 alpha 4. It's back now... any theories as to why that would've happened?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

Not sure, I haven't had that issue before, but I doubt it has anything to do with this S-OFF method though. You should check the CM9 forum and see if anyone had a similar issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-off success

took a few reboots but got it! thanks to fuses and hyuh for walking me through it.

Glad to help!

scaled.php
    Guys, don't worry about testing I guess. I have everything setup and I'm buying Blue's mt4gs to test and develop on for 200$. You all damn well better be happy. >.> Throwing 60$ towards the device myself.
    I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:
    jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

2012-04-23
    JuopunutBear needs breakfast. http://unlimited.io
    Clean up done! lets not steer away.. cheers!