[THEME] Gingerbread Keyboard (3 versions)

Search This thread

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
Here it is! My themed Gingerbread Keyboard. There will be a total of 3 versions. A green, blue and red one. The theme is a permanent black background, with a "glowing" effect when pressed.

All three versions are based off the latest unrEVOked hacked GB keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text

Download it, and flash it in recovery. Then go to a text field, press and hold until you see the input method popup, select input method, then select Android Keyboard.

Screenshots

Green
snap20101212_140357.png
snap20101212_140401.png
snap20101212_140408.png

Red
snap20101212_150750.png

Blue
snap20101212_153004.png

If anyone has a request for another color feel free to ask.

Attachments

• Gingerbread-keyboard-Green.zip
    970.6 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Gingerbread-keyboard-Red.zip
    970.6 KB · Views: 539
  • Gingerbread-keyboard-Blue.zip
    970.6 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
Is there anyway you could do the green one with a faint outline of the keys? I really like the black, but I hate how there's NO outline at all :( nice work though :)

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
Is there anyway you could do the green one with a faint outline of the keys? I really like the black, but I hate how there's NO outline at all :( nice work though :)

Ya I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'll post it as soon as I get it done. Would you want a green outline? Or have another outline color in mind?

xhazyx

Sep 5, 2010
East Hampton, NY
I have an issue ... all versions of the gingerbread kb that I've tried only have dictionary / txt prediction working in english, I also type in Spanish so it would be nice to have working predictions for that language. Is there any way to fix this ?

Reactions: JerzyIroc

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
Ok I just checked and I see the original HTC "Touch Input" keyboard still there in the input settings. So this wont replace the HTC keyboard, but it will replace an AOSP keyboard if you have one

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
I have an issue ... all versions of the gingerbread kb that I've tried only have dictionary / txt prediction working in english, I also type in Spanish so it would be nice to have working predictions for that language. Is there any way to fix this ?

I'm sure there is, but that's a bit out of my technical knowledge. I'm sure that'll be added soon. Whenever they are updated I'll be sure to redo my themes based on the newest keyboards.

gmanvbva

Nov 20, 2009

I'm sure there is, but that's a bit out of my technical knowledge. I'm sure that'll be added soon. Whenever they are updated I'll be sure to redo my themes based on the newest keyboards.

I believe I read somewhere (regarding the Nexus and Gingerbread) that this is basically still beta and only supports English at this time.

Reactions: JerzyIroc

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
I have the sprint lovers rom installed. I flashed this keyboard thru recovery. It said installed (enjoy etc) When I go to messages the same keyboard that was there before is present. In "Language & Keyboard" it only shows the slide it keyboard that i installed before as an option. What happened to the gingerbread keyboard?

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
I have the sprint lovers rom installed. I flashed this keyboard thru recovery. It said installed (enjoy etc) When I go to messages the same keyboard that was there before is present. In "Language & Keyboard" it only shows the slide it keyboard that i installed before as an option. What happened to the gingerbread keyboard?

Hmm... that's really weird. You're the first person that's happened to. It wont say Gingerbread Keyboard in the Language & Keyboard menu, it'll just say Android Keyboard. If you don't see Android Keyboard then try it again. If you still don't see Android Keyboard you can always rip the zip apart, pull the LatinIME apk, put it in your SD card, and just install it through Astro.

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
There is "Android Keyboard" in "Language & Keyboard" it has android keyboard settings underneath its title but no checkmark location to turn it on. FYI Slide It has both the slide it keyboard settings AND a square to place a check next to its name. Android has no square also installed LatinIME on SD used astro open it had 2 options to launch or uninstall. neither option worked. Deleted latin from Sd

Last edited:

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
There is "Android Keyboard" in "Language & Keyboard" it has android keyboard settings underneath its title but no checkmark location to turn it on. FYI Slide It has both the slide it keyboard settings AND a square to place a check next to its name. Android has no square

Mine is actually the same way. I don't have a check next to Android Keyboard. Technically it's now the default stock keyboard, so it wont have a check next to it since you can't disable the stock default keyboard. Go to a text field, press and hold and select input method, and select Android Keyboard.

Reactions: leon sprouse

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
Very good stuff, however I am sticking with the grey-backgrounded one. Pitch black is not my style.

See if you can remove that dark background and you will find more business here :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is! My themed Gingerbread Keyboard. There will be a total of 3 versions. A green, blue and red one. The theme is a permanent black background, with a "glowing" effect when pressed.

All three versions are based off the latest unrEVOked hacked GB keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text

Download it, and flash it in recovery. Then go to a text field, press and hold until you see the input method popup, select input method, then select Android Keyboard.

Screenshots

Green
    snap20101212_140357.png
    snap20101212_140401.png
    snap20101212_140408.png

Red
    snap20101212_150750.png

Blue
    snap20101212_153004.png

If anyone has a request for another color feel free to ask.

I believe I read somewhere (regarding the Nexus and Gingerbread) that this is basically still beta and only supports English at this time.
    There is "Android Keyboard" in "Language & Keyboard" it has android keyboard settings underneath its title but no checkmark location to turn it on. FYI Slide It has both the slide it keyboard settings AND a square to place a check next to its name. Android has no square

Mine is actually the same way. I don't have a check next to Android Keyboard. Technically it's now the default stock keyboard, so it wont have a check next to it since you can't disable the stock default keyboard. Go to a text field, press and hold and select input method, and select Android Keyboard.
    Love it! Thanks for the new keyboard! Works great!