Root for 4.4.2

Search This thread

frnkly

Dec 17, 2009
Hobart
So is any of the devs. Working on a root for 4.4.2.
I know you.can do it via 4.2.2 then update buts that's not I want..
I'm Talking about a rooting stock firmware that's been released. .
One people have said you can on certain. Roms. But unlike Samsung Roms where you have a rooting process for any stock I can't seem to find one for LG Rom...

Sorry wrong thread. .please move to Q&A.
Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
So is any of the devs. Working on a root for 4.4.2.
I know you.can do it via 4.2.2 then update buts that's not I want..
I'm Talking about a rooting stock firmware that's been released. .
One people have said you can on certain. Roms. But unlike Samsung Roms where you have a rooting process for any stock I can't seem to find one for LG Rom...

Sorry wrong thread. .please move to Q&A.
Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

You can root the stock KK ROM, but you just can't have a custom recovery. Although the T-Mobile one has a rooted stock KK ROM with custom recovery available if you follow the directions.

Don't know about other variants.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dankduke

Jul 16, 2013
You can root the stock KK ROM, but you just can't have a custom recovery. Although the T-Mobile one has a rooted stock KK ROM with custom recovery available if you follow the directions.

Don't know about other variants.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

is there a link on where and how to root...

i just got a LG G2 AT&T D800 phone running 4.4.2 and am dying to root and install a custom ROM. I'll take even just root for now..

or can you roll back to another firmware and root?

any links or ideas on this?thanks..

Last edited:

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
is there a link on where and how to root...

i just got a LG G2 AT&T D800 phone running 4.4.2 and am dying to root and install a custom ROM. I'll take even just root for now..

or can you roll back to another firmware and root?

any links or ideas on this?thanks..

What I did was I KDZ'd back to 4.2.2, then I rooted that and flashed a custom recovery. With that custom recovery I flashed T-Mobile's official 4.4.2 KK ROM and then flashed SuperU to achieve root on that ROM.

So now I'm running the official TMO KK ROM with root. I have no idea if that same process will work with your phone though since it's a D800, mine is D801. But I would assume it's the same process. Get the KDZ image of the D801 4.2.2 ROM, then you root that and flash TWRP recovery. Then you use that to flash the official KK ROM with SuperU.

Here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Use Method 2! That's what worked for me and others. Good luck dude.