[Q] Resetting CM9 nightly to "factory" condition

Search This thread

Cyber Akuma

May 28, 2008
I installed the latest CM9 nightly, and so far everything was more or less running smoothly... but I didn't realize the 50+ apps on SD bug was still present. No matter what I tired, I Was not able to do anything about this annoying mess. So I just chose to do a factory reset, then rebooted into webos and deleted everything in .android_secure.

However, when I booted back into Android, I found out that NOTHING got reset. All my settings, internal memory apps, etc are still there!

Is there any way to do a complete reset on CM9 and put it in a state as if I had just freshly installed it short of literally uninstalling and reinstalling it?

cdzo72

I installed the latest CM9 nightly, and so far everything was more or less running smoothly... but I didn't realize the 50+ apps on SD bug was still present. No matter what I tired, I Was not able to do anything about this annoying mess. So I just chose to do a factory reset, then rebooted into webos and deleted everything in .android_secure.

However, when I booted back into Android, I found out that NOTHING got reset. All my settings, internal memory apps, etc are still there!

Is there any way to do a complete reset on CM9 and put it in a state as if I had just freshly installed it short of literally uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Aall, you have to do is a factory reset in clockwork mod....

Cyber Akuma

May 28, 2008
Choosing "Reboot into Recovery" just reboots back into moboot, not clockwork. Pressing power+volup also sends me into WebOS recovery. There is no clockwork or android recovery option in moboot.

I don't see a way to enter clockwork.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Choosing "Reboot into Recovery" just reboots back into moboot, not clockwork. Pressing power+volup also sends me into WebOS recovery. There is no clockwork or android recovery option in moboot.

If you dont see the option for clockworkmod in moboot, then it didnt install when you did the instal process. Most likely (because I think a lot of people are doing this) you downloaded the wrong Clockwork Recovery. You probably downloaded one that was named "recovery-tenderloin......" or something like that. You need the one that startes with "update......" I dont know the actual names. But when you get it, you can just use ACMEinstaller again, just like you did before to install it.

Reactions: Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma

May 28, 2008
If you dont see the option for clockworkmod in moboot, then it didnt install when you did the instal process. Most likely (because I think a lot of people are doing this) you downloaded the wrong Clockwork Recovery. You probably downloaded one that was named "recovery-tenderloin......" or something like that. You need the one that startes with "update......" I dont know the actual names. But when you get it, you can just use ACMEinstaller again, just like you did before to install it.

I was wondering why the ACMEInstaller2 deleted all the other zips but left the Clockwork one in the cminstall folder.

So is it safe to run the ACMEInstaller2 with only the clockword zip in the cminstall folder? It won't mess up anything else or complain that the CM file is missing? Or do I need to do an uninstall and reinstall again?

By the way, I have been meaning to ask. I know that the "sd card" is internal memory that both WebOS and Android share as a media folder, but if I choose to reformat/reset the SD card from within Android, will that delete anything from WebOS? I know it won't mess with WebOS itself or it's settings, but would it remove any of the music, videos, downloaded files, or anything else that was put there through WebOS? I don't know if deleting the contents of the .android_secure folder were enough to "reset" my CM9 install, or at least anything it put on the SD card. Is there a way to just delete anything only Android/CM9 put on the SD card partition and not anything WebOS or it's apps put there?

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I was wondering why the ACMEInstaller2 deleted all the other zips but left the Clockwork one in the cminstall folder.

So is it safe to run the ACMEInstaller2 with only the clockword zip in the cminstall folder? It won't mess up anything else or complain that the CM file is missing? Or do I need to do an uninstall and reinstall again?

By the way, I have been meaning to ask. I know that the "sd card" is internal memory that both WebOS and Android share as a media folder, but if I choose to reformat/reset the SD card from within Android, will that delete anything from WebOS? I know it won't mess with WebOS itself or it's settings, but would it remove any of the music, videos, downloaded files, or anything else that was put there through WebOS? I don't know if deleting the contents of the .android_secure folder were enough to "reset" my CM9 install, or at least anything it put on the SD card. Is there a way to just delete anything only Android/CM9 put on the SD card partition and not anything WebOS or it's apps put there?

It left clockwork mod there because it didnt install. It installed everything else. Delete the old one you had in your cminstall folder and put the new one there and just run ACMEinstaller like you did before. You dont need to have the other stuff in the folder. Just the clockwork mod. You will be fine. Once its done you should see Clockwork Mod in moboot.

As far as the sd card, yes, anything you delete in Android on the sd card will be deleted on webOS as well and visa versa. What are you wanting to "reset"? You can do a factory reset after you get clockwork mod on there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will also have to finish off the 3 finger method by wiping cache and dalvik cache, that should do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium