NFC Firmware for HTC Desire C ROMs with NFC Enabled

Search This thread

roms2000

Aug 6, 2012
Hi everybody !

In the attachment you will find nfc.golfu.so which is the firmware for HTC Desire C with NFC (phone model PL01110). I get it from RUU_GOLF_U_ICS_40A_H3G_UK_1.45.771.3_Radio_10.11.98.09H_1.06.98.13M2_release_266089_signed.exe that you can find on the net.

I upload firmware here because I have spend 3 weeks to get it working with [STABLE][ROM][4.1.2][JZO54K] CyanogenMod10 | BUILD #3.

On this rom, we see the NFC option but it can not enable it and we get the error hw_get_module() failed with logcat and the option stick unchecked.

With the attachement to this post, NFC is working (at least with JZO54K CM10 build#3), see logcat :
I/NfcService( 477): Enabling NFC
D/NFCJNI ( 477): Start Initialization
I/dalvikvm( 315): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192
D/NFCJNI ( 477): NFC capabilities: HAL = 8150100, FW = a76d0c, HW = 620003, Model = 10, HCI = 1, Full_FW = 109, Rev = 12, FW Update Info = 0
D/NFCJNI ( 477): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList()
D/NFCJNI ( 477):
D/NFCJNI ( 477): > Number of Secure Element(s) : 1
D/NFCJNI ( 477): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): SMX detected, handle=0xabcdef
D/NFCJNI ( 477): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode() returned 0x000d[NFCSTATUS_PENDING]
I/NFCJNI ( 477): NFC Initialized​

So what to do do with this nfc.golfu.so ?
Uncompress file nfc.golfu.zip and you will get nfc.golfu.so
Put the file (nfc.golfu.so) on /system/lib/hw/ on your phone.
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/nfc.golfu.so

Then reboot your phone and now, you can check NFC option and you can use it (at least with phone having NFC AND rom having NFC enabled)

Attachments

• nfc.golfu.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 413

fankool

Then reboot your phone and now, you can check NFC option and you can use it (at least with phone having NFC AND rom having NFC enabled)

And the phone is not working, now. I tried to reboot, it's never completing the bootstrap. I can use the recovery console, I tried to fix permissions but it's always the same. How can I remove that file from recovery console?

julian6457

Feb 5, 2014
And the phone is not working, now. I tried to reboot, it's never completing the bootstrap. I can use the recovery console, I tried to fix permissions but it's always the same. How can I remove that file from recovery console?

It doesn't work for me :(
Bootstrap? Is that stuck on boot animation?
If so:
You can reflash the current rom. That removes all the installed mods but not the apps or any sdcard data.
/*Worked for me, maybe not for you...*\

Last edited:

fankool

It doesn't work for me :(
Bootstrap? Is that stuck on boot animation?
If so:
You can reflash the current rom. That removes all the installed mods but not the apps or any sdcard data.
/*Worked for me, maybe not for you...*\

Yes, there's always the boot animation. But If I reflash the current rom I'll loose the data saved on phone and I have to reinstall the applications.

julian6457

Feb 5, 2014
Yes, there's always the boot animation. But If I reflash the current rom I'll loose the data saved on phone and I have to reinstall the applications.

As I know flashing a new rom witout a /system wipe will not delete the applications.
You can also remove the micro SD (If you have one) there are multiple ways to cpoy the files to a pc from like micro>usb
Flasing roms only disable xposed modules and reinstall the stock apps.

Maybe a backup will come in handy the next time ;)

fankool

As I know flashing a new rom witout a /system wipe will not delete the applications.
You can also remove the micro SD (If you have one) there are multiple ways to cpoy the files to a pc from like micro>usb
Flasing roms only disable xposed modules and reinstall the stock apps.

Maybe a backup will come in handy the next time ;)

My recovery is not finishing backup for 4 months. Before it works perfectly.. so, I have only old bakcup (fbefore the last rom flashing).
I tried by adb to remove nfc.golfu.so from /system/lib/hw/ but the phone still stucks on boot, so I'll not try to copy file by memory card (it will not be useful).
I reflashed the rom without erasing anything and the phone was rebirth. Thank you!

A strange fast blinking on the screen is annoying me now, why? It's like the old crt monitor using 60Hz frequency. I restarted the phone but it's still blinking, from the white screen after switch on. Can anyone help me to understand what's happening?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

A strange fast blinking on the screen is annoying me now, why? It's like the old crt monitor using 60Hz frequency. I restarted the phone but it's still blinking, from the white screen after switch on. Can anyone help me to understand what's happening?

Replying to myself: I only disabled "developer options" (my phone is in italian language, I suppose this is the translation), restarted the phone and removed the battery and now works perfectly. But still I don't know why it was blinking.

fankool

Well roms2000,

thank you for your job (even if it's not working on my phone) if you are interested now I can continue the tests on my mobile phone to use NFC, I know how to quickly recover my phone (I also updated my cwm and now the backup works perfectly).
I'm wondering why it stucks (I disabled boot animation at start so I can't say exactly when it freezes) and what is the logfile I can read to understand what's happening (obviously my phone has NFC, is the O2 version).
I'm using NOPE kernel v2.6 850MHz (but at 800MHz) on miniCM v6 (a derivation of cm10). I just followed the instruction, I copied nfc.golfu.so in /system/lib/hw using x-plore and with the same application I changed the attributes to 644 (maybe, but it's difficult, I could set a wrong attributes, but in this case I think android simply ignores the library).
Also removing the file (by adb from recovery) the phone always stucks.

roms2000

Aug 6, 2012
Sorry for long response, I did not check this post, so i couldn't received notifications.

@fankool : do you have the NFC version of HTC Desire C ? If not, you can't enable NFC, and the file won't do anything for you.

For NFC, I have simply take the module on the official rom to get it working, if your rom is base on android 4.1.2, it should work. Try to use logcat to see some message about error and NFC.

--- Edit :
I don't think MiniCM has NFC soft enabled : check on your phone : Settings / Wireless & Network (More...) / NFC
If you have a check box for NFC, rom embed NFC soft, else, it is not and I don't think firmware / module will do anything.

Last edited:

fankool

my desire c has NFC (it's an O2 desire c, and with stock rom and the revolution 4.0.4 it worked), but the option to enable NFC disappeared, also trying with prometheus or nope. I installed many different roms based on 4.1.1 (cm, minicm, miui..) but always NFC was not working. How can I use logcat?

i_4_u89

Oct 17, 2011
mumbai
htc desire c nfc

Hi everybody !

In the attachment you will find nfc.golfu.so which is the firmware for HTC Desire C with NFC (phone model PL01110). I get it from RUU_GOLF_U_ICS_40A_H3G_UK_1.45.771.3_Radio_10.11.98.09H_1.06.98.13M2_release_266089_signed.exe that you can find on the net.

I upload firmware here because I have spend 3 weeks to get it working with [STABLE][ROM][4.1.2][JZO54K] CyanogenMod10 | BUILD #3.

On this rom, we see the NFC option but it can not enable it and we get the error hw_get_module() failed with logcat and the option stick unchecked.

With the attachement to this post, NFC is working (at least with JZO54K CM10 build#3), see logcat :
D/NFCJNI ( 477): NFC capabilities: HAL = 8150100, FW = a76d0c, HW = 620003, Model = 10, HCI = 1, Full_FW = 109, Rev = 12, FW Update Info = 0
D/NFCJNI ( 477):
D/NFCJNI ( 477): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): SMX detected, handle=0xabcdef

can i flash this zip file with stock rom:confused:

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
I've flashed Stock ROM and deodexed ROM, neither had NFC working (although it's meant to be) so it could be in boot if it works or not as my handset is 100% known to have NFC but my Bootloader is 1.31 and not 1.28

Sent from my B1-730HD using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody !

D/NFCJNI ( 477):