(Q) How can I make a secure messaging app?

Search This thread

Papa Emeritus

Nov 30, 2013
Rose Barracks
Hey guys, I'm way to new to developing and the only experience I have is making a GUI with no actions. I am wanting to make a secure messaging app that not only encrypts, but also sends the data in bits and each bit have a different encryption. So when its traveling through the space of internet, its broken up and also encrypted and when it goes to the receiving device it compiles and decrypts the message. Can any one help me out with this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
OK thanks. Am I being unrealistic with this? Can this all be possible I guess is what I'm wondering now?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

My app smart messenger will have full AES CBC encryption controlled by the user (when it's not in beta and full release) and it's not that easy. Encryption and security is one of those things that needs lots of design and understanding cause falling in any way short either puts you or your users at risk, rendering it pretty much pointless :)

But you should start very small to be able to understand apps etc, encryption is a huge topic and you can spend months and years on it if you so wish :) (noting that android apps are not all that secure in the 1st place)

Papa Emeritus

Nov 30, 2013
Rose Barracks
My app smart messenger will have full AES CBC encryption controlled by the user (when it's not in beta and full release) and it's not that easy. Encryption and security is one of those things that needs lots of design and understanding cause falling in any way short either puts you or your users at risk, rendering it pretty much pointless :)

But you should start very small to be able to understand apps etc, encryption is a huge topic and you can spend months and years on it if you so wish :) (noting that android apps are not all that secure in the 1st place)

This a app you are developing?