[GAPPS][CLOSED][5.x] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
yeah I saw FAQ#3, it doesn't say you can not, and I am flashing them over the same system (same ROM), so maybe a command through .gapps-config :confused:

it kind of does

our GApps installer will only allow these applications to be installed FOR THE FIRST TIME as part of a 'Clean' install (data wiped) installation.

if you're feeling fiesty, manually copy the files from the Zip into your /system partition & set permissions accordingly.

just don't tell us if things aren't working ;)

Reactions: michelsberg

superchandan007

Nov 1, 2013
Bangalore
www.google.com
Hello @TKruzze, i just flashed mini n micro packages on resurrection remix rom for galaxy s3,
Im getting error that "error executing updater-script" in recovery for both (mini & micro) packages...
Any solutions for this???

Sent by Chandan 007 using resurrection remix

Vinnom

Jun 21, 2012
Campinas
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello @TKruzze, i just flashed mini n micro packages on resurrection remix rom for galaxy s3,
Im getting error that "error executing updater-script" in recovery for both (mini & micro) packages...
Any solutions for this???

Sent by Chandan 007 using resurrection remix
Are you using cwm? If yes, it is strongly recommended to use twrp

NEXUS 4 user since 10/2013
Current ROM: Frank
Kernel: Unleashed
Profiles for synapse: Here (Google Drive folder)

superchandan007

Nov 1, 2013
Bangalore
www.google.com

Vinnom

Jun 21, 2012
Campinas
Xiaomi Poco F1

jffonseca10

Feb 15, 2013
Guatemala
Google Calendar and Mail not installing on Stock GAPPS

Did a clean 4.4.4 Install on Nexus 7 2013 4G
Installed CM12 Nightly 0114
Installed Gapps but Google Calendar and Mail are not installing, they installd with no problem on my nexus 5 ona clean CM12 from 5.0.1 Stock.
Attaching my logs and debug.logs

Any clues on why is this happening?

Thanks!

Attachments

• pa_gapps_log.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 130
  • pa_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
    43.9 KB · Views: 247

tomas1352

Dec 7, 2013
Peterborough
Face Unlock works fine for me on CM12 official nightlies with the 20150111a stock gapps package.

Never had a problem with these gapps. Thank you for the awesome work! :)

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Did a clean 4.4.4 Install on Nexus 7 2013 4G
Installed CM12 Nightly 0114
Installed Gapps but Google Calendar and Mail are not installing, they installd with no problem on my nexus 5 ona clean CM12 from 5.0.1 Stock.
Attaching my logs and debug.logs

Any clues on why is this happening?

Thanks!

it looks like that you did not have Google Calendar before with your previous GApps... so it's not reinstalling it because it needs a clean install to do it.
You might want to wipe system... and maybe you will have to wipe data also.

jffonseca10

Feb 15, 2013
Guatemala
it looks like that you did not have Google Calendar before with your previous GApps... so it's not reinstalling it because it needs a clean install to do it.
You might want to wipe system... and maybe you will have to wipe data also.

i did a clean install of CM12 from a clean 4.4.4 stock.

So you are suggesting to reboot into recovery, wipe dalvik, data, system and cache and reinstall GAPPS?

Thanks for your help

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
i did a clean install of CM12 from a clean 4.4.4 stock.

So you are suggesting to reboot into recovery, wipe dalvik, data, system and cache and reinstall GAPPS?

Thanks for your help

your install type says "Dirty[Data NOT Wiped]"
so obvisouly, the installer thinks that you did not do a clean install (which implies to wipe data also).

if you wipe everything like you said and you flash your rom and gapps again (do not reboot between both... flash them one after the other), you should be fine.

Reactions: jffonseca10

superchandan007

Nov 1, 2013
Bangalore
www.google.com

jffonseca10

Feb 15, 2013
Guatemala
your install type says "Dirty[Data NOT Wiped]"
so obvisouly, the installer thinks that you did not do a clean install (which implies to wipe data also).

if you wipe everything like you said and you flash your rom and gapps again (do not reboot between both... flash them one after the other), you should be fine.

Thanks man that worked for the Google calendar, now the Mail is not installing at all using 5.0.1 stock gapps beta 7

Vinnom

Jun 21, 2012
Campinas
Xiaomi Poco F1
Man, your log said that you are doing an dirty flash without having an existing pa-gapps.

Recommended step:
- do a backup of your favorite apps
- reboot to recovery
- format factory
- wipe system, cache and dalvik
- install rom, gapps, supersu and if wanted, a custom kernel.

NEXUS 4 user since 10/2013
Current ROM: Frank
Kernel: Unleashed
Profiles for synapse: Here (Google Drive folder)

ldubs

Dec 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Maps is force closing constantly on screw'd hammerhead. Installed stock package clean install

Is it ROM related or gapps issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

otter34

Jul 1, 2010
Tried installing every single pa 5.01 gapps and no luck. Either it's a keyboard issue or not enough memory. I tried all the tricks too. Clean install each time. Someone said use an older gapps. I was doubtful but tried 4.4.4. Didn't work. I'm on toro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed due to op retirement
    Thread Closing Announcement

After spending some time away from XDA, I have decided to take an extended break from providing and maintaining PA GApps. While I am leaving the door open to a possible return, I will be closing down my threads here on XDA at this time. And, although I won't be closing my XDA account, I probably won't be responding to PM's either.

While I had considered a move to Google+, it became apparent that even though I would have more control over things on G+, more work would also be requried to maintain things to the standard I had previously set here on XDA. Clearly, this is not a valid option for me at this time.

I'd like to thank the regular participants of my threads here on XDA. It was your participation and support that kept me motivated the past two years I've provided this free service and it's my interaction with you folks I'll miss most. Best of luck to y'all and perhaps our paths will cross again.