[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

Search This thread

rickbman

Jul 31, 2017
I too am unable to play AC3 audio after updating to the latest version of the software.

I have version 1.9.3 of MX player.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy S8 if that makes a difference .
I've tried restarting the phone. I've tried completely uninstalling the software and any previous codecs and reinstalling the software.

esad13

Oct 19, 2011
Seattle
I too am unable to play AC3 audio after updating to the latest version of the software.

I have version 1.9.3 of MX player.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy S8 if that makes a difference .
I've tried restarting the phone. I've tried completely uninstalling the software and any previous codecs and reinstalling the software.

Same here. The play store update killed the AC3 on my tablet and my phone I could never get to work.

Bastien_

Jul 5, 2012
same for me, cannot play AC3 on HTC U11. Not sure what to do, when trying to use custom codecs it suggests 1.9.0 ARMv7 NEON codec which i cannot find

Rekrapmil

Aug 11, 2017
I am using MX player Pro on my AC Ryan Veolo 4K+. At first it was all great, but for week now the player just won't decode AC3 files. It can only output audio in Stereo. I went through the process of installing custom codec but it still wouldn't output Dolby like before.

What should I do next?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

I am using MX player Pro on my AC Ryan Veolo 4K+. At first it was all great, but for week now the player just won't decode AC3 files. It can only output audio in Stereo. I went through the process of installing custom codec but it still wouldn't output Dolby like before.

What should I do next?

Thanks.

I think I have just figured it out myself. Haha.
I cannot use HW+ or SW decoder. It has to be just HW. I had to uncheck everything in the decoder settings. It works now!

Hikerjim

Aug 12, 2017
Ac3 not working

I have the same problem where ac3 isn't working. I have s Huawei Honor 6x if that makes a difference. I got mx player from Google apps store and it's version 1.9.3.

RootbeerNoir78

Aug 21, 2017
Are we really sure?

Just spent an hour clearing cache, restarting phone, reinstalling mx pro (v. 1.9.3). Reading forums. I still get a message telling me Ac3 is not supported. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: Oh my dear gods of kobol! ARMv7 Neon 1.9.0 does... Not... Exist. But apparently if I can magically make it appear, I'll be able to actually hear the audio from AC3

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

There is no technical difference between free & Pro version except the ads.
Probably you might have some issues in getting configs from our server.

Kindly clear the data of the app & open the app with working internet connection. Once it gets the configs from the server, it should work again.

Some of us have kindly cleared our data and reopened it. Still no magical configuration to support AC3. I've done it twice now, once over phone network, and once over Wi-Fi. Nope, no AC3

Last edited:

MartyM76

Nov 2, 2015
Atlanta, GA
..I paid so many money and still I don't have AC3. Idk why is this app so expensive I can't have it all?!

I sent an email to the developer(s) several days ago about this and have not received any response. That's a very bad sign.

It is very unfortunate, as I would REALLY prefer to use MX Player due to the nice interface, and would gladly pay for the extra features.

I guess I'm stuck with the previous versions of Kodi (support AC3 and DTS, and passthrough) or Archos.

For a replacement for MX Player not working right, try Archos Video Player. Great interface, and it supports AC-3 & DTS, and passthrough, too! But no music player.

Last edited:
Reactions: magisk root

manoj911

Sep 18, 2017
Custom Codecs have been updated
click me

Works for me

I have mi max and its hardware brightness and contrast while watching a video in daytime is very bad, i have paid for mxplayer pro so i use that for my videos, but they dont have a internal brightness and contrast , they only use hardware brightness
is it possible if someone can guide me to a video player which got its built in brightness and contrast

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I have mi max and its hardware brightness and contrast while watching a video in daytime is very bad, i have paid for mxplayer pro so i use that for my videos, but they dont have a internal brightness and contrast , they only use hardware brightness
is it possible if someone can guide me to a video player which got its built in brightness and contrast

Kindly make sure that you haven't disabled brightness & volume gestures on Settings » Player » Control.
What's the version of the MX Player?

Blackthorn0069

Nov 13, 2017
WTF?` lost AC3 support...

So as of one of the last few updates, I've lost AC3 support... What's up?

MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!
    When I read that the AC-3 patent expired, MX Player is the first project that came to mind that would benefit from it. I was pretty bummed out when they forced you guys to remove support for the codec, but I'm glad that it's not longer an issue.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app

Please.. PLEASE.. Pleeeeease add ChromeCast support.. :fingers-crossed:
    ChromeCast & DTS are the only 2 things that are now missing from the already mammoth great MX Player.. :victory: :highfive:
    I also like to know if this is the case for DTS, too. Or do we still need the custom codec?

(btw. I'm in team Chromecast as well.)

For DTS, you still need a custom codec as it's copyrighted.
    Thank you very much