Android P Nightly Beta Builds for Mi Mix 2S (Chinese)

Search This thread

duraaraa

Xiaomi has begun building nightlies for Android P, so I've added them below.

https://funkyhuawei.club/mimix2builds

All builds are from Xiaomi's servers. Just providing links. I can't answer any questions about them, because I haven't been able to try them. But the below link might help people understand what they are:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://en.miui.com/thread-2439969-1-1.html
(Cached version, original seems to have been removed from Xiaomi forum)

Although we do this for free/fun, any donations provided will encourage us to keep up the Xiaomi research.

Last edited:

cascade128

Dec 25, 2011
Bandırma
I tried Android O ; bootloops:(

Flash ok, first setup screen. Choose language(Turkish ok), choose region(only china), writing "just a sec" and bootloops...

malimukk

Aug 20, 2012
Please be careful with these builds. There was some trouble with redmi note 5 pro, damaged the screen.

Reactions: Puksom

ted presley

Jun 12, 2007
Ho Chi Minh city
I tried Android O ; bootloops:(

Flash ok, first setup screen. Choose language(Turkish ok), choose region(only china), writing "just a sec" and bootloops...

I saw the official global Android O on en.miui.com,
Why would you try the Android O? Wish I had a backup phone, would like to try the P :D

P/S: Downloading the P version 8.4.29, let give it a try.

Last edited:

Puksom

Oct 9, 2015
So did anyone tried it? Do I need a unlocked bootloader to try it?

Is this stock Android P or with MIUI

martepato

Jul 23, 2010
I couldn't get it to boot, no matter what I tried... Probably it is still broken

Last edited:

cascade128

Dec 25, 2011
Bandırma
I saw the official global Android O on en.miui.com,
Why would you try the Android O? Wish I had a backup phone, would like to try the P :D

P/S: Downloading the P version 8.4.29, let give it a try.

Because xiaomi.eu O global rom standby fast battery drain.:confused:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

What method did you use to flash?
I think better to flash with fastboot than with twrp.
You'll need to use tools to get the system image from the files included to flash in fastboot. I think sdat2img should do it.

My device unlocked.

Flash twrp with fastboot
Wipe data, cache, dalvik
Format data in twrp
Flash rom
Wipe all(data, cache, dalvik)

Bootloops:eek:

ted presley

Jun 12, 2007
Ho Chi Minh city
Tried the android P 8.4.29 version, can't install through TWRP, I got error:"zip treble incompatibility".

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Because xiaomi.eu O global rom standby fast battery drain.:confused:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

My device unlocked.

Flash twrp with fastboot
Wipe data, cache, dalvik
Format data in twrp
Flash rom
Wipe all(data, cache, dalvik)

Bootloops:eek:

Hold on, you flash the rom and you wipe all again?? Just flash and reboot is enough?

Ghoul159

The screen become untouchable or what? Just to be sure before I give it a try....

In RN5 case, its permanent screen burn-in. It's so bad that even if you used the build for less than an hour, you can say goodbye to your IPS panel. Some used warranty to replace the panel for free.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/04/23/miui-global-dev-8-4-19/
Thats the article, although it might be false warnings.. in any case, better safe than sorry

It's not false warnings, everything is a disaster with that build. Just take a look at rn5 forums and in telegram groups. Anyway, like you said its better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: malimukk

Top Liked Posts