[APP] Legacy PlayStore

Search This thread

ts_firehawk

Sep 27, 2011
Colombo
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hello guys!

I've found this nice app today, while I was searching over the web an way to list my purchased apps. It is called Legacy Play Store. Basically, it is an old version of Play Store hacked to allow side-by-side install with newer versions and a feature that I was missing so much: list of purchased apps.

The original source is here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/356009-r2-legacy-play-store-with-all-purchased-apps-visible/. Download is there too, since original author asked to not post this everywhere.

To install, push to /system/app and chmod it to 644. Reboot and it should be there.

Here is the changelog:
Code:
[I]r2[/I]
[LIST]
[*]Modified 'My Apps' list order to show 'Not Installed' apps above 'Installed' apps
[*]Improved compatability with AOSP ROMs
[/LIST]
[I]r1[/I]
[LIST]
[*]Initial Release
[/LIST]

Here are 2 screens:

legacyss1.png
legacyss2.png

Hope this is worth to someone else like it was to me. And hope that I didn't anything wrong!

Thanks!

J

jani1234

legacy play store hack

can you tell with more information how to add /system/app and chmod it to 644 sorry i van not find chomd it to 644 thanks before the time:laugh:

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
can you tell with more information how to add /system/app and chmod it to 644 sorry i van not find chomd it to 644 thanks before the time:laugh:

All I did was rename it to phonesky.apk, and copy it into the system/app directory. I didn't chmod or anything like that. Works fine for me.

It helped me to update Google wallet, as it is the only app that is blocked by Verizon that I needed. It makes it show up as update available when the regular market does not.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ts_firehawk

Sep 27, 2011
Colombo
Samsung Galaxy S10+
This app is intended to be installed side-by-side with the standard market.

The chmod (or fix-permissions) is needed in order to android system be able to see/use it. I don't know if all Androids works like this, but on my phone it only show after I set the chmod to 644.

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
This app is intended to be installed side-by-side with the standard market.

The chmod (or fix-permissions) is needed in order to android system be able to see/use it. I don't know if all Androids works like this, but on my phone it only show after I set the chmod to 644.

It worked fine for me sometimes, but I was having issues with it.

Sometimes I would have to close the app and restart it multiple times to get it to show my apps. It would keep saying no connection with a retry button, even though the play store showed them just fine.

And any apps I had that used in app purchases, where's my water for example, would take me to the legacy store and give me an error message. I had to uninstall it to get it to let me have the option for the in app purchases again.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
I'm pretty sure the original creator did not want this reposted elsewhere. Just a heads up.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

ts_firehawk

Sep 27, 2011
Colombo
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I'm pretty sure the original creator did not want this reposted elsewhere. Just a heads up.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

I understood that the author didn't wanted the download link (re)posted elsewhere. This is why I didn't include any direct link to the file.

To be a little more clear:
One last thing, PLEASE don't just go reposting this everywhere, link back to this topic.

So, the topic is linked.

Top Liked Posts