Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Updated Stock ROM Tweaked Micromax A116/A116i
(Version 1.0A)
Tweaked + Deodexed + Rooted
Both Flash Versions: TWRP/CWM (Flashable Zip) and SPTOOLS (Flash_Tool)

For A116, A116i, FLY IQ451, MYphone919i, Wiko Cink-5, Qmobile A600
This is completely fresh stock ROM extracted and built by me
from scratch from latest SPTOOLS version
S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
of Factory Stock of A116i V2 link found at moulinsky (gsm-forum)
Available to be used as BASE rom for porting, feel free to use it, but with necessary credit :D

** More bloatware will be removed and some more tweaks to be added after testing for few days **
attachment.php

Google play store or other features of stock apps in stock is from original stock (Oct or Nov 2013) and when you flash rom and connect internet, the play store or other things should get updated automatically. This is tweaked Factory Stock and not a custom rom which are updated on regular basis.

I have made this for ...
(1) users who want to restore to original stock in case of brick or bootloop and may be who lost recovery too in worst case scenario (sptools version)
(2) users who want to use original stock but with great tweaks I have implemented. (cwm version)
(3) devs who want to use a good build of stock for making custom roms or porting.

Features:

• Two versions: Normaland Fully Tweaked Stock ROM for A116i and A116
  • Louder Sound
  • Fast Network Speed (Browsing)
  • WiFi Fast connect
  • Also for FLY IQ451 / MYphone919i / Wiko Cink Five / Qmobile A600
  • This rom uses Stock Kernel
  • WORKING OTA UPDATE
  • Rooted Stock
  • Busyboxed
  • Deodexed
  • Zip-Aligned
  • Super Smooth
  • Super Responsive Touch
  • Great Battery Backup.
  • Everything Original Stock Apps
  • Lighter Sony Bravia 2 Tweaks
  • MMX Registration , Games and Bloatware removed (more will be removed soon)
  • Init.d support with small app (check Addon section below)
  • Option to install 4.3 camera or revert back to stock 4.2 (check Addon section below)
  • Built from A116i : MMX Build ver: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
Note:

• Please do not tell me its same stock rom as before, I know that. But this tweaked version and is much better than any previous stock roms :)
Try it and post feedback.

Installation:
  1. Copy zip on sdcard
  2. Reboot to recovery CWM/TWRP
  3. Do Full Factory Reset (Full Wipe)
  4. Flash Rom and reboot. Done!
Bugs:
A minor bug: Shows Blank wallpaper at first boot. Just select any new wallpaper and reboot. Done!

Many Download Options:

1. Rooted , Busyboxed , Fully Tweaked , Deodexed , Zip-Aligned, Bloatware removed version.
    DOWNLOAD

**This is CWM/TWRP version for all.
  2. Unrooted, Factory Raw Stock (odexed) , No apps removed, Not tweaked (AS IS).
    DOWNLOAD
    **This is CWM/TWRP version for anyone who wants to experiment with original rom (Not for everyone)

3. SPTOOLS version ROM with (TWRP 2.5.0.0) and SPTOOLS (SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119)
    DOWNLOAD
    ** Download this version. Do not download original version given below
    ** SPTools Installation Instructions in second post below.
  4. Original SPTOOLS version ROM directly from original moulinsky site (with blank stock recovery)
    DOWNLOAD
    ** Do not download this version.
Addons/Patches/Mods:

1. Init.d Support: Install Univ_init.d_enabler.APK. Click on "Activate" & Done! Tested OK! (refer post)
    (*Optional and for advanced users only, who want to experiment with mods made for init.d folders. Everyone else can ignore this patch.)
  2. Flash Stock 4.2 Camera: Download (if you need the original one) 1088p video recording.
    *Optional
  3. Flash Stock 4.3 Camera: Download (the one which is included in this rom)
    *Optional
  4. UPDATED KITKAT4 LAUNCHER COMBINATION by CMahendra for SLD Rom (Download and Install from here) (NEW)
    *Optional App. *Only launcher, no additional apps included.
(WARNING: Use at your own Risk. You lose warranty of device. I am not responsible for your bricked phone.)

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] Tweaked Micromax A116i Factory Stock Deodexed Rooted [BASE], a ROM for the Micromax A116

Contributors
cmahendra

Version Information

Created 2014-01-03
Last Updated 2014-01-03

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING VIA SPTOOLS METHOD
==============================================
Please Read carefully.

Using Flash Tools to Flash TWRP/CWM Recovery to A116

Requirements:

TWRP/CWM Rewcovery
Flash Tool
A computer
A Micromax A116 (obviously)

Steps To Follow:-

1. Install drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers.

2. Extract the Stock ROM folder and replace recovery.img with cwm recovery.

3. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools.

4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device.

5. In the extracted folder of the stock rom, go to the folder named "S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user" and select the file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc" which is our scatter loading file.
Check only recovery.img, preloader and uncheck all others.

6. Switch off your phone (Remove the battery to make sure it is switched off).

7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed.

8. Click the Download option (present on the right of Firmware
> Upgrade option) and the flash tool will start looking for your phone.

9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.
**Don't interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device.
**Make sure no power interruption takes place. (Use a laptop to ensure this).

10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.

11.Disconnect your phone.
==========================================
Hope this helps. :)

TWRP 2.5.0.0 :
Included in third download or here

CWM 6.0.3.3 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk5guk5f8a0xu4x

Mt6589 Scatter File :
http://db.tt/JjMl15wO

SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 :-
http://d-h.st/Dmi

Drivers:-
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nv96xclhjmaiclu

64bit drivers:-
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2206421

*TWRP 2.5.0.0. is flawless tested working. :)

*CWM 6.0.3.3 is also good.

Credits: Instructions and links from Kumar Abhishek's old post. :) Thanks dude!

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Please Read carefully.

Requirements:

TWRP/CWM Rewcovery
Flash Tool
A computer

4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device.

5. In the extracted folder of the stock rom, go to the folder named "S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user" and select the file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc" which is our scatter loading file.

7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed.

9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.

10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.

TWRP 2.5.0.0 :

CWM 6.0.3.3 :

Mt6589 Scatter File :

SP Flsh tools:-
http://mtk2000.ucoz.ru/down7/FT3.13.04.rar

Last edited:

jsacool91

Sep 10, 2012
new delhi
Can't set the wallpaper, only a black background.. plz fix.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

ravi776

Dec 10, 2012
Mumbai
stock 4.3 camera, does it replaces the cam application or add another 1...
iam on MIUI rom and wanted to try the 4.3 camera for that..
Plz tell me hw to revert if i mess up with it....

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai

Camera 4.3 Patch is made only for stock and it replaces the 4.2 or vice versa. I dont know what will happen with MIUI.
1) Firstly, I will suggest "Dont try".
2) Secondly, if you still want to "Try at your own risk" after taking nandroid backup
3) Do whatever you want to man, coz phones do not explode on faces for any misadventure. :D

ravi776

Dec 10, 2012
Mumbai
Camera 4.3 Patch is made only for stock and it replaces the 4.2 or vice versa. I dont know what will happen with MIUI.
2) Secondly, if you still want to "Try at your own risk" after taking nandroid backup
3) Do whatever you want to man, coz phones do not explode on faces for any misadventure. :D

:D:p:good::good::good: LOL thnx....
:D:D

archer_love12

May 29, 2013
Delhi
Thanks for the amazing ROM. followed all the steps and got all the features. thanks a lot again. (i've pressed the thanks button as well ;) )

P.S Google play store is not working. I am not getting FCs or something. It's just not loading anything. It just keeps searching and does not show anything. Tried on both WiFi and 3G. Help please.

Last edited:
Reactions: smartkode0

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks for the amazing ROM. followed all the steps and got all the features. thanks a lot again. (i've pressed the thanks button as well ;) )

P.S Google play store is not working. I am not getting FCs or something. It's just not loading anything. It just keeps searching and does not show anything. Tried on both WiFi and 3G. Help please.

Sorry for late reply. Google play store in stock is from original stock (Oct or Nov 2013) and when you flash rom and connect internet, the play store should get updated automatically. This is tweaked Factory Stock and not a custom rom which are updated on regular basis.

I have made this for
(1) users who want to restore to original stock in case of brick or bootloop and may be who lost recovery too in worst case scenario (sptools version)
(2) users who want to use original stock but with great tweaks I have implemented. (cwm version)
(3) devs who want to use a good build of stock for making custom roms or porting.

Last edited:

shishirdbhat

Jan 22, 2011
Hi, an absolute newbie here looking for custom ROMs for my Canvas A116 and your ROM looks like the best option. I had a couple of questions:

1. By "Stock ROM" do you mean it is the pure Google Android found on their Nexus devices? If not, are there any such ROMs for my device?

2. By "Working OTA Update" do you mean I can get future versions of Android (like Kitkat) OTA?

Thanks!

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Hi, an absolute newbie here looking for custom ROMs for my Canvas A116 and your ROM looks like the best option. I had a couple of questions:

1. By "Stock ROM" do you mean it is the pure Google Android found on their Nexus devices? If not, are there any such ROMs for my device?

2. By "Working OTA Update" do you mean I can get future versions of Android (like Kitkat) OTA?

Thanks!

By stock ROM he means what OEM MMX has provided with no modifications, if ur looking for nexus style I suggest u can either try superluminadad or oppo r819 stock the earlier is themed aosp android where as the latter is built by oppo as an aosp n ported
2nd question yes thats what he means quite directly

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk

shishirdbhat

Jan 22, 2011
Further clarifications required

By stock ROM he means what OEM MMX has provided with no modifications, if ur looking for nexus style I suggest u can either try superluminadad or oppo r819 stock the earlier is themed aosp android where as the latter is built by oppo as an aosp n ported

Could you please clarify further?

1. I don't want "Nexus Style", rather a pure Android experience (AOSP) without any OEM customization. Simply put, I want the Google Nexus experience on my Micromax device. I will check out "Oppo R819", I remember reading that Oppo is pure Android.

2. Are the updates pushed by the dev of this ROM or by Google itself?

Thanks for your responses.

Reactions: babvin

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
@bharat_goku for your help

Could you please clarify further?

1. I don't want "Nexus Style", rather a pure Android experience (AOSP) without any OEM customization. Simply put, I want the Google Nexus experience on my Micromax device. I will check out "Oppo R819", I remember reading that Oppo is pure Android.

2. Are the updates pushed by the dev of this ROM or by Google itself?

Thanks for your responses.

1) BTW I have just released the amazing fast and smoother Final Version of SuperLuminalDAD rom and its a heavily tweaked and tested bugless version of of a rom based on AOSP rom from other model. The rom is very lightweight and all craps are removed.

Don't only think about looks, consider features also. Custom roms are made to work smoother, faster, no-lags, double triple time battery backup. All these features are "always" missing in stock roms. Some stock roms even force close with many apps installed but they work without problem in custom roms.

We don't know what is in your mind (may be you are still scared to flash as you said you are "absolute" newbie). By any chance if you make a mind to flash any other rom then its best to know its features first and if you like them flash and experience them. Otherwise you can go back to stock.

2) This thread is exact copy of factory stock roms of A116 from Micromax (not Google) and OTA comes always from Manufacturer of your Rom based on its hardware configuration.

Why GOOGLE will send OTA for 4,915,298,928 models of phones all over the world from various manufacturers? Google only sends OTA for its own Nexus series and few nexus models from LG, etc.

PS: When anyone mentions "Factory Stock Rom" in xda, generally he/she means the Official Rom from manufacturer of the exact model of the phone and not google.

Last edited:

shishirdbhat

Jan 22, 2011
@bharat_goku for your help

1) BTW I have just released the amazing fast and smoother Final Version of SuperLuminalDAD rom and its a heavily tweaked and tested bugless version of of a rom based on AOSP rom from other model. The rom is very lightweight and all craps are removed.

Don't only think about looks, consider features also. Custom roms are made to work smoother, faster, no-lags, double triple time battery backup. All these features are "always" missing in stock roms. Some stock roms even force close with many apps installed but they work without problem in custom roms.

We don't know what is in your mind (may be you are still scared to flash as you said you are "absolute" newbie). By any chance if you make a mind to flash any other rom then its best to know its features first and if you like them flash and experience them. Otherwise you can go back to stock.

2) This thread is exact copy of factory stock roms of A116 from Micromax (not Google) and OTA comes always from Manufacturer of your Rom based on its hardware configuration.

Why GOOGLE will send OTA for 4,915,298,928 models of phones all over the world from various manufacturers? Google only sends OTA for its own Nexus series and few nexus models from LG, etc.

PS: When anyone mentions "Factory Stock Rom" in xda, generally he/she means the Official Rom from manufacturer of the exact model of the phone and not google.

1. Your SLD ROM looks great, I think I'll go for that. Dunno why I didn't see it before, it was right there in your signature :p BTW, I noticed it doesn't have the OTA feature, so when you release the next version of SLD, will I have to re-flash my device?

2. "Why GOOGLE will send OTA for 4,915,298,928 models of phones all over the world from various manufacturers?" :laugh:

Now that you mention it, it seems so obvious. I had this impression that Google puts out Android releases, OEMs put their crapware on top of it and make some UI changes and release it to us. So, I was looking for a ROM which will give me the latest Android version directly from Google... my mistake.

Thanks again for your responses.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai

1. Your SLD ROM looks great, I think I'll go for that. Dunno why I didn't see it before, it was right there in your signature :p BTW, I noticed it doesn't have the OTA feature, so when you release the next version of SLD, will I have to re-flash my device?

2. "Why GOOGLE will send OTA for 4,915,298,928 models of phones all over the world from various manufacturers?" :laugh:

Now that you mention it, it seems so obvious. I had this impression that Google puts out Android releases, OEMs put their crapware on top of it and make some UI changes and release it to us. So, I was looking for a ROM which will give me the latest Android version directly from Google... my mistake.

Thanks again for your responses.

@shishirdbhat I am glad you asked questions. Many good people like @bharat_goku here are keen to answer questions and help new pals. Thanks to all.

1) SLD is like a base for everyone, from minimum user to heavy app users. Lots of free memory and longest battery backup. It doesn't have OTA feature, but now the Final version is released, there will be very few occassional updates and not any major one. I provide small flashable zip updates, which you can flash when you want to. Otherwise this is perfectly worked out version. If you try it, leave feedback.in SLD thread, NOT HERE.

2) Android is Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google and other manufacturers use it with various hardware customizations of their various models with FLASHY UIs and thousand other things on their own. Manufacturers like Samsung are successful for their unique UI and added features. You will learn a lot from various people on xda. Just keep visiting. :) Good Luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: shishirdbhat

shub_hi

Mar 8, 2012
Installed the tweaked a116i....its really stable and lite. Touch is also quite responsive. Just one query I have if we can increase the sound abit more. Before this rom i was using the xperia rom and the sound was amazing. Keep up the gr8 work. Cheers:thumbup::)

Sent from my Micromax A116i using Tapatalk 4

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Installed the tweaked a116i....its really stable and lite. Touch is also quite responsive. Just one query I have if we can increase the sound abit more. Before this rom i was using the xperia rom and the sound was amazing. Keep up the gr8 work. Cheers:thumbup::)

There is an option in Developers Mode, to increase a volume little bit than normal. But it should be done carefully. With wrong settings there is risk of blowing the speaker. In tweaked version the sound is pretty clear and marginally better than normal. Still we can't expect the LOUDEST volume like unbranded chinese phones from branded chinese phones :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated Stock ROM Tweaked Micromax A116/A116i
    (Version 1.0A)
    Tweaked + Deodexed + Rooted
    Both Flash Versions: TWRP/CWM (Flashable Zip) and SPTOOLS (Flash_Tool)

For A116, A116i, FLY IQ451, MYphone919i, Wiko Cink-5, Qmobile A600
    This is completely fresh stock ROM extracted and built by me
    from scratch from latest SPTOOLS version
    S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
    of Factory Stock of A116i V2 link found at moulinsky (gsm-forum)
    Available to be used as BASE rom for porting, feel free to use it, but with necessary credit :D

** More bloatware will be removed and some more tweaks to be added after testing for few days **
    attachment.php

Google play store or other features of stock apps in stock is from original stock (Oct or Nov 2013) and when you flash rom and connect internet, the play store or other things should get updated automatically. This is tweaked Factory Stock and not a custom rom which are updated on regular basis.

I have made this for ...

Features:

• Two versions: Normaland Fully Tweaked Stock ROM for A116i and A116
    • Louder Sound
    • Fast Network Speed (Browsing)
    • WiFi Fast connect
    • Also for FLY IQ451 / MYphone919i / Wiko Cink Five / Qmobile A600
    • This rom uses Stock Kernel
    • WORKING OTA UPDATE
    • Rooted Stock
    • Busyboxed
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-Aligned
    • Super Smooth
    • Super Responsive Touch
    • Great Battery Backup.
    • Everything Original Stock Apps
    • Lighter Sony Bravia 2 Tweaks
    • MMX Registration , Games and Bloatware removed (more will be removed soon)
    • Init.d support with small app (check Addon section below)
    • Option to install 4.3 camera or revert back to stock 4.2 (check Addon section below)
    • Built from A116i : MMX Build ver: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
    Note:

• Please do not tell me its same stock rom as before, I know that. But this tweaked version and is much better than any previous stock roms :)
    Try it and post feedback.

Installation:
    1. Copy zip on sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery CWM/TWRP
    3. Do Full Factory Reset (Full Wipe)
    4. Flash Rom and reboot. Done!
    Bugs:
    A minor bug: Shows Blank wallpaper at first boot. Just select any new wallpaper and reboot. Done!

Many Download Options:

1. Rooted , Busyboxed , Fully Tweaked , Deodexed , Zip-Aligned, Bloatware removed version.
      DOWNLOAD

**This is CWM/TWRP version for all.
    2. Unrooted, Factory Raw Stock (odexed) , No apps removed, Not tweaked (AS IS).
      DOWNLOAD
      **This is CWM/TWRP version for anyone who wants to experiment with original rom (Not for everyone)

3. SPTOOLS version ROM with (TWRP 2.5.0.0) and SPTOOLS (SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119)
      DOWNLOAD
      ** Download this version. Do not download original version given below
    4. Original SPTOOLS version ROM directly from original moulinsky site (with blank stock recovery)
      DOWNLOAD
      ** Do not download this version.
    Addons/Patches/Mods:

1. Init.d Support: Install Univ_init.d_enabler.APK. Click on "Activate" & Done! Tested OK! (refer post)
      (*Optional and for advanced users only, who want to experiment with mods made for init.d folders. Everyone else can ignore this patch.)
    2. Flash Stock 4.2 Camera: Download (if you need the original one) 1088p video recording.
      *Optional
    3. Flash Stock 4.3 Camera: Download (the one which is included in this rom)
      *Optional
    4. UPDATED KITKAT4 LAUNCHER COMBINATION by CMahendra for SLD Rom (Download and Install from here) (NEW)
      *Optional App. *Only launcher, no additional apps included.
    (WARNING: Use at your own Risk. You lose warranty of device. I am not responsible for your bricked phone.)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Tweaked Micromax A116i Factory Stock Deodexed Rooted [BASE], a ROM for the Micromax A116

Contributors
    cmahendra

Version Information

Created 2014-01-03
    Last Updated 2014-01-03
    Please Read carefully.

Requirements:

TWRP/CWM Rewcovery
    Flash Tool
    A computer

TWRP 2.5.0.0 :

CWM 6.0.3.3 :

Mt6589 Scatter File :

SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 :-
    http://d-h.st/Dmi

Please Read carefully.

Requirements:

TWRP/CWM Rewcovery
    Flash Tool
    A computer

TWRP 2.5.0.0 :

CWM 6.0.3.3 :

Mt6589 Scatter File :

SP Flsh tools:-
    http://mtk2000.ucoz.ru/down7/FT3.13.04.rar

Thanks!