[RECOVERY] CWM 5.5.0.4 For Acer A100

Search This thread

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Aww yeah!

Im flashing as soon as I get home...

I currently have 2 different recoveries :eek: that I keep going back and forth on... This will definately take some time away from "selecting the better one" jejeje :D

Thanks to all the DEVS for making this possible!!! Pure Awesomeness!!!

Reactions: ptesmoke

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
edit: Check OP for new link, both SD cards mounting. usb mass storage in recovery will have to wait for now. backups should be correct size. thanks guys. For now, "flash from internal Sd" actually mounts your external SD, and selecting "flash zip from SD" mounts the internal SD. Not a big deal but...confusing for some :p any other bugs please report :)

Last edited:

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
I'm having a hard time. Its will start to load up then I get an android with a red exclamation mark..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
edit: Check OP for new link, both SD cards mounting. usb mass storage in recovery will have to wait for now. backups should be correct size. thanks guys. For now, "flash from internal Sd" actually mounts your external SD, and selecting "flash zip from SD" mounts the internal SD. Not a big deal but...confusing for some :p any other bugs please report :)
One observation is that it now makes backups to the internal SD card :p.
I'm having a hard time. Its will start to load up then I get an android with a red exclamation mark..

Try this:
Code:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot
Then try to boot into recovery.

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006

Assuming you did everything else that leads up to installing clockworkmod....

Go to /etc/ and rename "install-recovery.sh" to "install-recovery.sh.bak"

Try to get into recovery manually or use "quickboot" (get it in the market) and reboot into recovery.....

You should be able to get into Clockworkmod now...I didn't really look extra deep into the matter past finding the fix...hope this helps

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Recovery IMG... easy as 1-2-3... jejeje

Hope this is ok with you PTESMOKE...

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THIS IS ONLY TO TRANSFER THE RECOVERY IMAGE... YOU MUST FOLLOW EVERYTHING UNTIL ITS TIME FOR CLOCKWORKMOD TO BE INSTALLED...

(You need to have Terminal Emulator for this to work, download if nessesary)​

*** You can download the file directly from your tablet, no need for a PC ***​

1.) Get the file attached and unzip to the /sdcard/ directory (NOT /external_sd/ which is your microSD)

2.) Open TERMINAL EMULATOR and type: su (This requires ROOT access)

3.) Then type: sh /mnt/sdcard/rec.sh

Let the fireworks burn my friends... No need for a PC to flash the RECOVERY IMAGE... jejeje

Enjoy

Attachments

• A100_Recovery.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 733

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THIS IS ONLY TO TRANSFER THE RECOVERY IMAGE... YOU MUST FOLLOW EVERYTHING UNTIL ITS TIME FOR CLOCKWORKMOD TO BE INSTALLED...

1.) Get the file attached and unzip to the /sdcard/ directory (NOT /external_sd/ which is your microSD)

Let the fireworks burn my friends... No need for a PC to flash the RECOVERY IMAGE... jejeje

Enjoy

i am ok with it. though if anyone has issues with that method questions will mostly ignored as fastboot is the safest and most practiced.

props for the script though! thats neat. id use it myself but it literally takes me about 30 seconds to fastboot flash.

again i dont mind because i know your just sharing knowledge...but if it does get out of hand with questions you may need to make a "guide" under your own thread so you can focus on that solely. make sense?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Reactions: mapaz04

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A

Enjoy

Thanks for this!!!!, my pc would not recognize my A100 using adb, but it worked perfect using terminal emulator :p. I would normally prefer to use adb but not sure what's up with my pc today :confused:
One question, does this backup to the external microsd card, cause the previous recovery had backed up to my internal memory, but this one backed up on my microsd card and the backup file was 767Megs compared to the previous recovery that backup file was .98Gigs. So now I have 2 backups on both internal and external cards LOL!!! :D

Last edited:

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
Thought I'd stop in to say hi.

Progress on this may be a little slow for the immediate future, as our primary focus has been getting the rom builds up for all the devices... the cwm based recovery is a by-product of the builds.
Rest assured, we'll work on it as time allows.

In the meantime, you've got a recovery that won't complain when you flash this

Enjoy ;)

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
Well thanks guys. I will try that and let you know if that works.

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011

Progress on this may be a little slow for the immediate future, as our primary focus has been getting the rom builds up for all the devices... the cwm based recovery is a by-product of the builds.

Enjoy ;)

Nice :) will flash once I get my recovery flashed

dms76

Sep 28, 2009
Akron, OH
Assuming you did everything else that leads up to installing clockworkmod....

Go to /etc/ and rename "install-recovery.sh" to "install-recovery.sh.bak"

Try to get into recovery manually or use "quickboot" (get it in the market) and reboot into recovery.....

You should be able to get into Clockworkmod now...I didn't really look extra deep into the matter past finding the fix...hope this helps

I have the same problem even after renaming "install-recovery.sh" to "install-recovery.sh.bak". I followed all the instructions to the letter and still had the android with the red explanation point.

I tried reinstalling the recovery with:
Code:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot reboot

This worked and seemed to resolve my issue. In case anyone else still has issues/

Reactions: Hiero and Xenolance

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
One more question do I need any thing in my platform tools forder other than my recovery?

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
i am ok with it. though if anyone has issues with that method questions will mostly ignored as fastboot is the safest and most practiced.

props for the script though! thats neat. id use it myself but it literally takes me about 30 seconds to fastboot flash.

again i dont mind because i know your just sharing knowledge...but if it does get out of hand with questions you may need to make a "guide" under your own thread so you can focus on that solely. make sense?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Can do and will do if it gets out of hand...

Thanks for the props man... I make these things because I work alot and well... cant really install ADB through my work PC nor can I be downloading and transferring stuff to my devices... These little scripts make my life that much more enjoyable... jejeje

Again, thanks for this thread...

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
I have the same problem even after renaming "install-recovery.sh" to "install-recovery.sh.bak". I followed all the instructions to the letter and still had the android with the red explanation point.

I tried reinstalling the recovery with:
Code:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot reboot

This worked and seemed to resolve my issue. In case anyone else still has issues/

So i went back to HC....and then redid this whole process...got to the point with the whole flashing of clockworkmod ..tried to go to recovery and I got the dead android....

I went ahead and did these instructions...STILL DEAD BOT...

I went ahead and renamed my install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak and still had the dead android when I tried to get into recovery...

Then ....I went ahead and followed the procedure AGAIN and it worked...

So i'm going to conclude...after changing install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak AND THEN doing the above will get this to work for anyone who is having problems..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER

Thank you to all the DEV'S who have made this possible.
    waydownsouth,
    gh123man,
    hbwelch,
    randomblame,
    shchers,
    Koush

I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your tablet. Follow the instructions!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is guys, Stock CWM Recovery for the ACER A100.

Before anything make sure you have the latest ICS leak C/O Vache, Root, and Unlocked Bootloader.

Official ICS Leak c/o Vache:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510706

Root Instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531646

Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557445

once you have done all of the above, you should be ready to flash this recovery. Make sure you have ADB up and working properly. And place the recovery.img in your working folder (see below)

1- Open a command prompt in your working folder (usually in your platform tools, mine is C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools) make sure you are administrator.

2- Connect Tablet to pc :) and get excited.

3- Type: adb devices (verify your Tab is connected and listed)

4- Type: adb reboot bootloader

5- Once bootloader is in fastboot type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    You will see writing recovery, flashing recovery, etc.

6- Once flashed Type: fastboot reboot

7- Profit :)

This recovery has been tested by myself, and is the first in a series of goodies coming :) please be patient, dont ask for ETA's as the DEV's are EXTREMELY hard at work and don't even have this device themselves. Big THANKS to all of them!

Now keep in mind most mistakes are made in the location of where you opened the command prompt, just be sure the recovery.img is in the folder you are working in with the command prompt. If it isn't, well, it wont flash anything.

Download CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 for A100: http://www.mediafire.com/?sgkiz31lg2jd19v

Download A100 ICS Gapps: http://www.mediafire.com/?db2rl0z6v8xc2a8

Follow A100 CM9 progress...Original thread here ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1597102

Please Hit thanks button of everyone involved, this couldn't be possible without this great community.
    Recovery IMG... easy as 1-2-3... jejeje

Enjoy

Enjoy ;)
    One observation is that it now makes backups to the internal SD card :p.

Try this:
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot reboot
    Then try to boot into recovery.