[Solved] Messaging not working at all with 28230 and latest Rhodium OEMs

Search This thread

derliebewolf

Mar 2, 2006
world
www.flickr.com
Hi guys!

I'm a bit afraid of asking...but anyway.

I'm cooking for the Xperia X1 right now using osKitchen (newUI). The Kitchen is great and I already figured out a lot of tweaks. Currently I am using Build 28230 SYS/XIP and everything is fine. Except for one thing: Messaging is not working at all!

I can start the tmail.exe and see the account-selector. but I cannot open or compose a new message. Both email and text is affected. I already tried to leave out some OEMs that I do not need (cooking a ROM without Manila 2.5 but some HTC tools) but with no success.

Is some component missing for this or is one of the OEMs just incompatible? Of course I am not using the HTC Message_Enhancment, as it is slow and I do not like it...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going one / wrong here? Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Hi guys!

I'm a bit afraid of asking...but anyway.

I'm cooking for the Xperia X1 right now using osKitchen (newUI). The Kitchen is great and I already figured out a lot of tweaks. Currently I am using Build 28230 SYS/XIP and everything is fine. Except for one thing: Messaging is not working at all!

I can start the tmail.exe and see the account-selector. but I cannot open or compose a new message. Both email and text is affected. I already tried to leave out some OEMs that I do not need (cooking a ROM without Manila 2.5 but some HTC tools) but with no success.

Is some component missing for this or is one of the OEMs just incompatible? Of course I am not using the HTC Message_Enhancment, as it is slow and I do not like it...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going one / wrong here? Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!

There is a module that you left out called webview.dll. Without this, you cannot see or compose any new mail/messages. It should be located either in BROWSING or in the root of the SYS.
Add it again in your kitchen and you will be in good shape again :)

Good luck!

derliebewolf

Mar 2, 2006
world
www.flickr.com
Thanks man! You were right, I accidently forgot this package... I probably would never have found the real reason for this. Thanks a lot. I'm cooking now and reporting later after flash :)

derliebewolf

Mar 2, 2006
world
www.flickr.com
OK, that fixed the problem! I am now able to read text messages and create new ones. Anyway, wenn I click compose the window opens but nothing is clickable. the whole app seems to be "locked" somehow. WM icons and menus are working even though...

What a mess :) Any further suggestions?

derliebewolf

Mar 2, 2006
world
www.flickr.com
I think I found the fix. I used the latest SPRINT Rhodium ROM to get my sources and this is for cdma radio. Probably some cdma-specific packages caused the secon problem. Thanks anyway :)

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I think I found the fix. I used the latest SPRINT Rhodium ROM to get my sources and this is for cdma radio. Probably some cdma-specific packages caused the secon problem. Thanks anyway :)

Did you manage to find out the specific CDMA packages causing your sms problem?

I'm using packages from "RUU_Oboe_Dopod_CHS_1.04.706.2_Radio_0.90.00.0 826_ Ship" for my WWE Topaz and Rhodium using 25027. I don't cook in HTC message and HTC messenging client, i.e. just using MS email, when I want to create a new SMS, the SMS app closes. I tried using 24631 and got the same issue, that's why I narrowed the problem down to the Oboe packages.

I've read the above about the webview.dll, which is there. I also have arcsoft. So what else is causing my problem?

derliebewolf

Mar 2, 2006
world
www.flickr.com
I think your problem is not related to webview.dll at all. If you have some time my advice would be to cook a clean ROM with everything working and then enable all packages which could cause the issue one by one. This means a lot of flashing and testing, but I cannot tell you which package caued the problem...and I would suspect several packages in combination.

Sorry that might not be as helpfull as you expected :-(