[THEME] ◊ GREEN MACHINE ◊ - v2.0

Search This thread

beseenwithgreen

Aug 11, 2010
Honolulu
That's because I got rid of the stock clock package and added the alarm clock from the original GSII. Digital clock wont open it.....only analog clock and the clock app itself will.

I see. I changed all the images in the stock Calanderpackage.apk and the alarm works with the digital clock and it looks pretty good but there is still a blue text in it as well as you cant tell what the 2 buttons on the bottom are for because i guess that the button and text are both black. This stuff might need to be changed in the xml files. Unfortunately, i don't know how to do that stuff...is that something you can look into and fix by any chance? I attached the apk below after my modifications . Thanks.

Edit: NM its too large to attach...here is a download link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37903480/ClockPackage.apk

Last edited:

12MaNy

Jun 7, 2010
Seattle
I see. I changed all the images in the stock Calanderpackage.apk and the alarm works with the digital clock and it looks pretty good but there is still a blue text in it as well as you cant tell what the 2 buttons on the bottom are for because i guess that the button and text are both black. This stuff might need to be changed in the xml files. Unfortunately, i don't know how to do that stuff...is that something you can look into and fix by any chance? I attached the apk below after my modifications . Thanks.

Edit: NM its too large to attach...here is a download link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37903480/ClockPackage.apk

I'm not worried about it because I'm not ever going to add the stock clock package into my themes.....and it probably has blue text because I didn't theme it (obviously). If you don't like aspects of my themes.....then don't flash them. Getting kinda tired of hearing about how your hacking my theme apart to make it "better".

Last edited:

beseenwithgreen

Aug 11, 2010
Honolulu
I'm not worried about it because I'm not ever going to add the stock clock package into my themes.....and it probably has blue text because I didn't theme it (obviously). If you don't like aspects of my themes.....then don't flash them. Getting kinda tired of hearing about how your hacking my theme apart to make it "better".

No need to get sore at me kid. I wasn't asking for your help to make your theme "better" but help me make it more suitable for my taste. It's not like I'm taking your theme, hacking it and putting it out there for everyone to use as it was my own theme. So you you either don't know how to help me or wish not to help me change the xml files in a particular apk file which is fine but, don't get all emotional one me for asking to mod something. If I recall that's why I and most people here love an android device...because we can customize it to fit our needs and liking. Sorry I don't like having a mixture of themed and unthemed icons mixed around and sorry I like the digital clock with the ability to use the alarm clock!!! MY bad I stepped over the line by asking for some help...Thanks anyway for your support...happy modding to you!

crzy619

Aug 29, 2010
Daygo
OK I got everything changed but the Market icon...cant seem to locate where its at in the zip.....could you let me know where I can find it? Also if you have some spare time could you please be so kind as to change the blue on the attached battery mod zip so its green like your theme? I tried using Photoshop but when I open each file it becomes all distorted and weird looking. Thanks for any help with this.

SC20120306-151918.png

Market is called vending I think

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: beseenwithgreen

12MaNy

Jun 7, 2010
Seattle
No need to get sore at me kid. I wasn't asking for your help to make your theme "better" but help me make it more suitable for my taste. It's not like I'm taking your theme, hacking it and putting it out there for everyone to use as it was my own theme. So you you either don't know how to help me or wish not to help me change the xml files in a particular apk file which is fine but, don't get all emotional one me for asking to mod something. If I recall that's why I and most people here love an android device...because we can customize it to fit our needs and liking. Sorry I don't like having a mixture of themed and unthemed icons mixed around and sorry I like the digital clock with the ability to use the alarm clock!!! MY bad I stepped over the line by asking for some help...Thanks anyway for your support...happy modding to you!

I'm not that sore dude. Lol

However, (no offense) you are kind of rubbing me the wrong way. I mean, you're asking me to change **** and before I even answer, you're already posting the apk you want modded, like I owe it to you. Nowhere in my thread does it say "I will be taking requests". Also, when someone takes the time to answer your questions, the standard practice is to hit the thanks button. I am obviously not willing to change any aspect of my theme for you, so please stop asking.

Call me an asshole, or whatever but YES....I am annoyed by your persistence. Lol ;)

Last edited:

beseenwithgreen

Aug 11, 2010
Honolulu
OK I'm not here to rub anyone the wrong way...sorry u took it that way. I hit thanks in OP for using ur theme. Its all good like I said I like ur theme and that's why I'm using it...with my spin on it. I will find help elsewhere with the things I can't do myself. Thanks and keep doing what ur doing bro....the more choices for ppl the merrier :-D

Sent from my ExtraTerrestrial4G Superphone using xda premium.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Also my bad for hijacking your thread...I should have just PMed you with all the crap I was going after :(

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Market is called vending I think

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

You are correct sir...I found the icons in a few other folders within Vending. Thanks

beseenwithgreen

Aug 11, 2010
Honolulu
Hey 12Many...just wanna give you big props for the work you do man...I spent many hours trying to figure out just how to change some of the blue text within the alarm clock and I fail miserably :( I hope others that just dl and flash these things without second guessing the knowledge and the time it takes to actually do this successfully, realize and appreciate the awesome work you guys execute. Thanks again!

12MaNy

Jun 7, 2010
Seattle
I spent the last 4 days updating Dark Fire X & Dark Fire Blue X....so I need a break for a couple days, then I'll jump on Green Machine. I'll mess with the TWClock Package then.

There's still a couple areas where the green text didn't take (contacts secondary text and Weather app city list secondary text) I edited all the correct color codes, but they just didn't take for some reason. Maybe I'll try a slightly softer green.....and yes all of the XML editing is hard work and is very time consuming.

Reactions: dazednconfused

beseenwithgreen

Aug 11, 2010
Honolulu
I spent the last 4 days updating Dark Fire X & Dark Fire Blue X....so I need a break for a couple days, then I'll jump on Green Machine. I'll mess with the TWClock Package then.

There's still a couple areas where the green text didn't take (contacts secondary text and Weather app city list secondary text) I edited all the correct color codes, but they just didn't take for some reason. Maybe I'll try a slightly softer green.....and yes all of the XML editing is hard work and is very time consuming.

Thanks again for your time and energy man...I think the theme is sick as is and didnt even notice the blue till you pointed it out lol. Keep up the awesome work :)

Reactions: 12MaNy

12MaNy

Jun 7, 2010
Seattle
Delay....

Updating some of my other stuff took longer than expected. Next couple of days is going to be pretty busy too, but I will update Green Machine as soon as I can.

Sorry for any inconvenience....:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok...this one is for the green fans out there. I used a tweaked version of the Ginger Chrome icon set by 10tonhammr & sv0911 (found HERE) and alot of various ICS theme files that are floating around.

GREENmachineBANNER.jpg

Banner by AnAm85...check out his THREAD

Huge thanks goes to:

- 10tonhammr

- PhantomHacker

- Calkulin

- Mijjah74

- AnAm85

- VeNuM

- KingOfTheJungle

- Overstew

- Tiffany84

- dazednconfused

- sleshepic

- sv0911

- rascarlo

MAKE SURE YOU READ NOTES BEFORE FLASHING!

Notes

- If you are running Gmail v2.3.6, you have to uninstall updates from Gmail and Google Quick Search Box before flashing(Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Gmail or Google Search/Uninstall Updates). After you flash latest version of Green Machine, you will have the latest updated versions of Gmail & Google Quick Search Box.

Changelog

Version 2.0 - Latest
    - Updated Google Maps, Nav, Places & Latitude
    - Fixed oversized stop button in Pandora
    - More Theming

Version 1.5
    - Updated to Blazer 4.1 & Calkulin 3.0
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated Google Search Box
    - Updated YouTube
    - Added themed PlayStore
    - More system/framework theming

Version 1.1
    - Added Calk's ROM version to OP
    - Fixed theme name in dropdown
    - More theming
    - More XML Edits

Version 1.0
    - Initial release

What's Themed

- All framework apks, TW Launcher and SystemUI
    - Analog clock, alarm clock & digital clock
    - MMS
    - Browser
    - Email
    - Gmail
    - Gtalk
    - Camera
    - Phone
    - Contacts
    - GB keyboard
    - Samsung keyboard
    - Downloads app
    - Maps, Places, Latitude & Nav
    - Gallery
    - Music player
    - Video player
    - Market
    - Task Manager
    - Calculator
    - Tasks
    - Voice Recorder
    - Voice Search
    - Voicemail
    - Google Quick Search Box
    - Weather app & widget
    - Calendar & calendar widget
    - Power Control widget
    - Youtube - (wip)
    - Wallpaper Chooser

...and probably more that I'm forgetting

To Do List

More theming.

Bugs

None that I know of.

Screenshots

See post #2

Downloads

Green Machine v2.0 for Blazer ROM v4.1 - HERE

Green Machine v2.0 for Calkulin's E4GT ROM v3.0 - HERE

If you download this theme...please hit the thanks button. :)
    Good job. Really like the icons.
    Looks awesome man.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
    Awesome work, once again. ;)