Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
TWRP 3.1.1-0 recovery port

Disclaimer
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Hello Motorola Moto C owners,
I have ported a twrp recovery for Moto c - namath - xt1754
from Doogee x5 pro, credits for snowcat4pda
Another one from Moto E4 (See second post).

Instructions:
The only way to install a recovery on a device with a locked bootloader is to unlock the bootloader first, so you can unlock it and simply flash the recovery.
Or...
I'm going to show you step by step instructions to flash the recovery WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader or lose any data.

1. Download and extract my ported recovery from here --> DOWNLOAD.
2. Open SP flash tool and load download agent "DA_SWSEC_6737m_98736_71604.bin" - from the previous zip.
1.png

3. Load the scatter-file found in the recovery you previously extracted and select preloader only, but don't flash it.
4. Click Alt + Ctrl + V to activate advanced mode in sp flash tool.
5. Click on "window" up there and select "write mode"
2.png

6. Change the address to "0x2d80000" and click on "file path" and choose the recovery.img
3.png

7. Click on "write Memeory", then Power off your device and wait until it vibrates and connect it to your pc.. wait until it finishes and now your recovery is ready, you can root your device or do whatever you want.

Just remember! Your are doing this at your own risk, I take no responsibility for bricked devices, have fun. :p

Credits:
- Me for porting the recovery.
- Snowcat4pda for building it.
- This guide on youtube that I used as a base for mine.

Last edited:

Mysteryagr

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Aug 16, 2012
Cairo
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I noticed that SD card formated as internal (Adoptable storage), doesn't work on TWRP ported from Doogee x5 pro, it is the only bug btw.
So I ported another TWRP from Moto E4 by Zormax to Moto C
- Download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBgi6BgQMipqshYTd3qXrDyKk5Hk-l4t/view?usp=drivesdk
- Bugs : Screen splashes several times in white while the recovery is booting.

Another one ported from Moto E4 plus also by Zormax
- Download from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579491710
- No bugs at all

Last edited:

rudi021

Nov 23, 2014
Split
Moto c Plus

Mysteryagr.excelent job.finally my dreams come true.Bravo bro. one question can i use on plus or need to port? one again bravo...:good::good::good::good::D:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: chop_tomatoe

AndroidCUT

Jun 1, 2017
getting error

Keep getting the error "load pre-loader or DSP _BL" whenever I press "write memory, what should i do? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind got it! :)

Last edited:

jagannv

Apr 11, 2017
How do I unlock Moto C. I tried the following steps
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
but i get failed unknown command
FAILED (remote: unknown command)

Mysteryagr

Aug 16, 2012
Cairo
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
i put xt1750 in the title by mistake, it should be xt1721

I have ported this recovery for moto c plus xt1721,
but i get s_security_send_auth_fail when i press vol down and insert cable.
when i dont press anything or press vol up while inserting, i get s_brom_download_ da fail
(i use stock scatter.txt, stock preloader, my ported recovery.img and the download agent you gave)
pls help
:(:confused:
Did you change the address mentioned in step 6? You have to change it with the right address from your scatter file.

jagannv

Apr 11, 2017
I tried following your steps, but stuck on step 7. I click on write and then switch off the phone and connect to usb. But nothing happens. SPFlash Tool does not seem to detect the phone.
I tried connecting from a Windows VirtualBox on my Mac and also from a dedicted Windows machine. Both of them failed detecting the switched off phone during the write step.
What am I doing wrong?

Mysteryagr

Aug 16, 2012
Cairo
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I tried following your steps, but stuck on step 7. I click on write and then switch off the phone and connect to usb. But nothing happens. SPFlash Tool does not seem to detect the phone.
I tried connecting from a Windows VirtualBox on my Mac and also from a dedicted Windows machine. Both of them failed detecting the switched off phone during the write step.
What am I doing wrong?
You need to install proper drivers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.1.1-0 recovery port

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Hello Motorola Moto C owners,
    I have ported a twrp recovery for Moto c - namath - xt1754
    from Doogee x5 pro, credits for snowcat4pda
    Another one from Moto E4 (See second post).

Instructions:
    The only way to install a recovery on a device with a locked bootloader is to unlock the bootloader first, so you can unlock it and simply flash the recovery.
    Or...
    I'm going to show you step by step instructions to flash the recovery WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader or lose any data.

1. Download and extract my ported recovery from here --> DOWNLOAD.
    2. Open SP flash tool and load download agent "DA_SWSEC_6737m_98736_71604.bin" - from the previous zip.
    1.png

3. Load the scatter-file found in the recovery you previously extracted and select preloader only, but don't flash it.
    4. Click Alt + Ctrl + V to activate advanced mode in sp flash tool.
    5. Click on "window" up there and select "write mode"
    2.png

6. Change the address to "0x2d80000" and click on "file path" and choose the recovery.img
    3.png

7. Click on "write Memeory", then Power off your device and wait until it vibrates and connect it to your pc.. wait until it finishes and now your recovery is ready, you can root your device or do whatever you want.

Just remember! Your are doing this at your own risk, I take no responsibility for bricked devices, have fun. :p

Credits:
    - Me for porting the recovery.
    - Snowcat4pda for building it.
    - This guide on youtube that I used as a base for mine.
    I noticed that SD card formated as internal (Adoptable storage), doesn't work on TWRP ported from Doogee x5 pro, it is the only bug btw.
    So I ported another TWRP from Moto E4 by Zormax to Moto C
    - Download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBgi6BgQMipqshYTd3qXrDyKk5Hk-l4t/view?usp=drivesdk
    - Bugs : Screen splashes several times in white while the recovery is booting.

Another one ported from Moto E4 plus also by Zormax
    - Download from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579491710
    - No bugs at all
    My phone it's in bootloop

I was getting an error on Google play services
    Went to setup an click on recovery
    And get stuck on a boot loop
    I even try to install a custom rom using twrp
    But keep restarting on twr
    Tried the console command
    if gg=/dev/Zero of=etc
    But didn't do anything helpful

Can I reinstall stock rom with spflashtool
    It's there a way to install stock recovery again
    Hello, Pichu Pichu

I'm glad that you've fixed the problem. Anyways, could you provide steps you've taken to fix the IMEI (if you haven't fixed the issue yet)?
    ps: Sorry for the delay, I've been having a few problems recently.