[APP] [27Sep09] Free Mult-Language Dictionary

Search This thread

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Hi myself11,

Maybe setup a smaller font size in BVocabulary(setup->other setting->font size) could help as workaround for now.

BR,
Boki.

I've tried that already ;) Didn't solve the problem, unfortunately.

What is strange is that one or two times, after I changed a setting, a scroll bar appeared, but it allowed to scroll just a little bit.

Is it very different to develop an app for WM 6.1 and 6.5 (noob question), or this issue isn't related to that, but with a bug with WM 6.5?

Keep up the good work! I eagerly await for a bug free Bvocabulary for WM 6.5, because I really like this app.

DavidFong

Jan 30, 2010
www.davidfong.info
Cannot load Stardict-Xiangya-Medical Dictionary 湘雅医学专业词典

Thanks for making this application! It works reasonably well with all the dictionaries I tried, except the Xiangya-Medical-Dictionary.

I notice that BDictionary puts out the error message saying somthing like that it can't handle 250,000 words 25万字 (please excuse my Chinese, I am still learning!).

Looking forward to an update which can handle the Xiangya-Medical dictionary!

In my installation, oxford-gb also has some 'strange' empty-box characters. However, this dictionary is useable, at least for English speakers.

Cheerio, David.

msia

Jan 4, 2010
hi bokiteam, is this application installed in my device. it seems like i couldnt find this program under remove program list...any way i could uninstall it if i would like to do so :confused:

Hi DavidFong,

Please try to download another phonetic font supported by MDict:
http://www.octopus-studio.com/ksphonetic.ttf

Please also install this font to Windows\Font as 'Lucida Sans Unicode'.

In default setting:

oxford-gb will use Lucida Sans Unicode.
oxford-big5 will use Kingsoft phonetic Plain (ksphonetic.ttf)

FYI.

Cheers,
BR,
Boki.

Thanks for making this application! It works reasonably well with all the dictionaries I tried, except the Xiangya-Medical-Dictionary.

I notice that BDictionary puts out the error message saying somthing like that it can't handle 250,000 words 25万字 (please excuse my Chinese, I am still learning!).

Looking forward to an update which can handle the Xiangya-Medical dictionary!

In my installation, oxford-gb also has some 'strange' empty-box characters. However, this dictionary is useable, at least for English speakers.

Cheerio, David.

Bombenbach

Sep 4, 2009
Hi Boiteam,

BVocabulary vivid tells me : "Sorry, this version will expire after 12 days". What does it mean? Is BVocabulary vivid a trial?

[App] Multi-Language Dictionary - BVocabulary

Yes, vivid version is a trail for about 6 months since release.

I have no idea should I update a version to extend trail or convert to product yet.

if any problem in vivid version, please use standard 2.31 version, it is free and no limitation.

Boki.

Hi Boiteam,

BVocabulary vivid tells me : "Sorry, this version will expire after 12 days". What does it mean? Is BVocabulary vivid a trial?

Last edited:

pistou

Jan 26, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The title of this thread says it's a free app, but in fact it's a commercial app -- you really should change that and be honest about it.

Hi

BVocabulary is not commercial app, but I accept donation, and looking into the donation total, I decided to pause the development of VIVID version ( branch of BVocabulary Standard ), therefore, even me don't have an official version for sale.

However, BVocabulary Standard is still FREE, everybody could download and use it for FREE still.

The title of this thread says it's a free app, but in fact it's a commercial app -- you really should change that and be honest about it.

Last edited:

Bombenbach

Sep 4, 2009
Hi

BVocabulary is not commercial app, but I accept donation, and looking into the donation total, I decided to pause the development of VIVID version ( branch of BVocabulary Standard ), therefore, even me don't have an official version for sale.

However, BVocabulary Standard is still FREE, everybody could download and use it for FREE still.

Hi bokiteam,

any news concerning BVocabularay Vivid?

The standard version is nice but since it doesn't support tags, it's quite useless for me because all my dicts have tags.

On the other hand, at the moment there is actually no way to use Vivid since one can't buy it (because it's not a commercial app as you've said) but also can't really use it as a freeware (because of the time limitation).

If you want to earn money with your software you might consider making Vivid a commercial app. Alternatively, if you want Vivid to be a donationware, you could release a version without any limitations but add new features only after a certain amount of donations has been collected.

Of course it's up to you to decide, but at least it would be nice to know your plans.

Hi bokiteam,

any news concerning BVocabularay Vivid?

The standard version is nice but since it doesn't support tags, it's quite useless for me because all my dicts have tags.

On the other hand, at the moment there is actually no way to use Vivid since one can't buy it (because it's not a commercial app as you've said) but also can't really use it as a freeware (because of the time limitation).

If you want to earn money with your software you might consider making Vivid a commercial app. Alternatively, if you want Vivid to be a donationware, you could release a version without any limitations but add new features only after a certain amount of donations has been collected.

Of course it's up to you to decide, but at least it would be nice to know your plans.

Hi Bombenbach,

According to your reply. I will release a free version of BVocabulary Vivid.

Target date is 4July2010, Sunday ( that means I work at home on free time :) )

and thank you for analysis.

BR,
Boki.

Johev

Aug 23, 2009
Brussels
Hi people, I have read all the 4 pages of this thread, but I was unable to find what languages does this support.

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Hi Bombenbach,

According to your reply. I will release a free version of BVocabulary Vivid.

Target date is 4July2010, Sunday ( that means I work at home on free time :) )

and thank you for analysis.

BR,
Boki.

That's great news and thanks for your commitment. Is it a new version? Are you developing it for WinMo 6.5.1 or 6.5.3?

P.S.: donate ppl!