[ROMs] [11/04/12] Three Musketeers Present...MIUI 4 V1 Beta \ Sense 4.0 V2 Beta

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Any progress on the light sensor/g-sensor situation

Sent from my Sensation XL with Beats Audio
Without having the phone, thats gonna be hard, but you might want to look in /system/lib/hw and look at the sensors.runnymede.so, sensors.goldfish.so, the lights.goldfish.so and lights.msm7x30.so and swap them with the same files from the official ICS, might be worth a try ;)

Reactions: anonymous_1997

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
Quick update, latest Beta for Sense 4.0, Wifi gets stuck when trying to turn it on, then error comes up, fixed that by installing the wifi fix zip, also Magix camera doesnt work just a black screen.

"EDIT"

I am a Dope, i downloaded the original Rom, i thought you updated the new Rom. Ignore my above post.

Hehe

Last edited:

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Ok people had some trouble with gsm-technix as phone come back as repaired but its not.....

now last try...phone goes tommorrow to http://www.mobilestore-bonn.de/

they seems to be more proffesional....

with kind regards...Alex

iulian2_230

Mar 16, 2007
Bucharest
Right guys we've done an updated rom, with the wifi and bluetooth fixes in, plus we've added Magix Camera and VPlayer into apps because we've been told that they work, I know its not an ideal fix, but it is a fix nonetheless ;)

We're still looking into the SDCard mounting issues too...

All we need now is a brave soul to test it for us :D
I'm willing to test this new beta!

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks guys, this first one is nothing major at the minute, just wanna make sure it works with all the fixes in first, then I can start doing updates to it, trying to fix all the other problems. This might be a slow process ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: Schumi 01

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
thx my friend :)

with kind regards

Wow that's not good. I think we may have been a bit hasty getting new device so I am gonna get my xl back so if anything start banging updates out. Sorry about any bad feeling or negative vibes but it shows xl forum isn't dead and we have passionate people in here. I really hope that one x tool sorts s-off for us as well and we should have 4ext recovery too. Now let's put all our differences aside and get things back on track

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
I've got a reply of proxuser and he pointed me in the direction of this thread when I asked him about SDcard mounting issues we were having... As I don't have the phone I can't test but if someone fancies a go here is the link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575921

First beta not so successfull, at least I know now that the 3rd Party apps for camera and vplayer can't be installed as system apps, so for now you will have to install from market. Now I'm going to try to get another SXL so I can carry on with these roms, just like shingers5 is, so beware we could be back :D :D :D

Edit: Massive thanks to the guys who tested the rom, if you don't mind I will be sending future betas for you to test, until I get my SXL back that is lol

Last edited:

benjamin.j.goodwin

Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Wow that's not good. I think we may have been a bit hasty getting new device so I am gonna get my xl back so if anything start banging updates out. Sorry about any bad feeling or negative vibes but it shows xl forum isn't dead and we have passionate people in here. I really hope that one x tool sorts s-off for us as well and we should have 4ext recovery too. Now let's put all our differences aside and get things back on track

I've got a reply of proxuser and he pointed me in the direction of this thread when I asked him about SDcard mounting issues we were having... As I don't have the phone I can't test but if someone fancies a go here is the link

First beta not so successfull, at least I know now that the 3rd Party apps for camera and vplayer can't be installed as system apps, so for now you will have to install from market. Now I'm going to try to get another SXL so I can carry on with these roms, just like shingers5 is, so beware we could be back :D :D :D

Edit: Massive thanks to the guys who tested the rom, if you don't mind I will be sending future betas for you to test, until I get my SXL back that is lol

Bastards ;)

Don't know they won't install as system apps, that's not good! Maybe make a /data folder for install so they don't go to system but are still installed?

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Bastards ;)

Don't know they won't install as system apps, that's not good! Maybe make a /data folder for install so they don't go to system but are still installed?

Lol Ben your phone is only upstairs lol. So you can also do your stuff while people are sleeping and restore before wake :D anyway this community is very much alive. I am still trying to get this damn recovery working and would like to also have guys try the new supersu zip .87 to see if that roots those software previously deemed unrootable. You'd need to unlock bootloader then flash recovery and in recovery flash the zip. Its what rooted sense 4 so might work on these gb roms

anonymous_1997

Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
Looks like i got beaten in the beta testing department :p ...timezones they're a killer.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Looks like i got beaten in the beta testing department :p ...timezones they're a killer.
It's also great to see this community alive... might have a fiddle with those files vertigo. It's also awesome to hear you might get your XL's back. brings a tear to my eye :') lol.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

And sorry but i've got to do this...
100th POST ON XDA WOOOOOO

lolol sorry about that :p

anonymous_1997

Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
Without having the phone, thats gonna be hard, but you might want to look in /system/lib/hw and look at the sensors.runnymede.so, sensors.goldfish.so, the lights.goldfish.so and lights.msm7x30.so and swap them with the same files from the official ICS, might be worth a try ;)

there are no goldfish libs there are however the runnymede libs.. the only time i have ever ran into a file that says goldfish is when i took apart a kernel??

Reflexx01

Aug 1, 2008
veenendaal
I have the sxl since yesterday and already flashed this rom. It looks super smooth and wotks fine except i have no 3g network. It wont connect. I hope you guys come back soon. Would be nice! I love you guys already:d

anonymous_1997

Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
Well this rom is in beta so it will have bugs but i peronally havent had this issue any more details like carrier maybe??

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

did you guys port the voVidDec.dat media_profiles.xml files, surfaceflinger and the like that might be the problem with video and camera... maybe??

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008

Why not make it as data/app..look @ my updater script from runny-bliss :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sense 4?

Go to the new thread here....
    The-Three-MusketeersMIUI.png

Three Musketeers MIUI 4 V1 Beta
    Yes we have long beards, silly hats and occasionally spar (with words).

This is a Beta at the moment, so do not kang us about updates; what's working or not. Look below, if it's not there then try it. Let us know and we will update accordingly.

We have released these in beta form so people can try them and we believe that they are useable now.
    Please Please don't post silly comments saying the things we've already listed don't work, lets try to keep comments productive to help us or help others...

This is a port from the Incredible S version ported over by me :D

What Works:
    Mic
    Sound
    SD Mount (for this to work you need to turn USB debugging off before you connect to PC)
    Data
    SMS
    MMS
    Dialler
    Auto Brightness
    Themes (you may have some problems, but thats a MIUI problem and not the rom)

What Doesn't Work:
    MIUI 4 hasn't got a stable release yet so some of the problems will be MIUI based and not this rom
    WiFi
    Camera
    Bluetooth
    You tell us

Changelog
    Code:
    Three Mustketeer MIUI 4 Beta V1
    #######################################

- Initial Release

Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-52-58.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-53-10.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-53-23.png

Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-53-35.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-54-07.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-59-49.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Download

MIUI 4 Beta V1

Mirror Thanks once again to JoeVoo (remember this guy does this for free so just click on an add or two ;))

How to Install

1. Root your Device and Get Recovery - Use one of these tutorials: Vertigo or Shingers5.
    2. Complete Wipe through CWM or Flash BinDroid Total Wipe.
    3. In CWM, Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik and Battery Stats.
    4. Install .zip file, reboot and hopefully enjoy.

Disclaimer

We are not responsible if this bricks your phone. It worked for us and if you install correctly, it will work as mentioned for you. You do these things at your own risk.

Credits to: Shingers5 - testing, suggestions and feedback | benjamin.j.goodwin - general help and being a god :) | dutchdanny - for advice and for being a god too ;) | proxuser - for advice
    Yeah we are still working on these projects.... don't worry.... ;)

Sent from my One X using xda premium

I have made some progress in porting full sense 4.0 with full 3D weather and widgets ,will show some screenshoots :)
    We've got some Good News for the Sense 4 people... We've managed to get the WiFi working (thanks to some good advice from Memnoc over on the DHD forums)

We're still working on everything else, just thought we'd release this as an update for all you people now ;)
    thx my friend :)

with kind regards