New Theme Based on WM 6.5 (Updated 11-21-08) First Beta!

Search This thread

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
The theme (WAD2) still has a lot left to be done (top bar, bugs, better launcher, all which are being worked on, and some already done).
Here are the screenshots I have so far:
Launcher:
sshot001.bmp

With task manager open
sshot002.bmp

Weather (details screen in development)
sshot003.bmp

Date/Time
sshot004.bmp

Remember, it is in very early development, so a lot still needs to be done (more screens in next post)
This is my first theme, so go easy on me

Hopefully I will have the first beta uploaded tonight!
Beta is up! Download from Here and follow the included Read Me file.
New screenshots in post 13!

Last edited:

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
Right now it is being delayed due to problems with WisBar (unable to read registry updates) and from school (tons of work). Maybe next weekend I can work on it a little more.

TheChampJT

Feb 7, 2008
Right now it is being delayed due to problems with WisBar (unable to read registry updates) and from school (tons of work). Maybe next weekend I can work on it a little more.

I can't think of why the reg isn't updating, haven't looked at it, still doing my theme, Spb Phone Suite is what I'm using so far. Must be a bug, I figured those would always read good since it's always updated.

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
I can't think of why the reg isn't updating, haven't looked at it, still doing my theme, Spb Phone Suite is what I'm using so far. Must be a bug, I figured those would always read good since it's always updated.

Hopefully the developer can fix it soon so I can get back to work on this. I am also having another problem where docks are randomly deleted... so I'm having a bad time working on this :D :rolleyes:

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
I've added an Audio Manager tab (gets info from HTC Audio Manager, and I hope to add play/pause and album art directly to the tab).

I'm also working on the top bar. If anyone wants to help with the windows icon and sound icons, it would be greatly appreciated!

I've also fixed some bugs, added more details to the weather screen, and should have a beta release by Friday. I am currently using this as my default skin, so it is pretty usable now. :)

Last edited:

TheChampJT

Feb 7, 2008
Hopefully the developer can fix it soon so I can get back to work on this. I am also having another problem where docks are randomly deleted... so I'm having a bad time working on this :D :rolleyes:

LOL! Tell me about it! I spent over 5 hours one night making a theme, then after 30 minutes of playing with it, docks starting dissapearing, so I soft reset. Then the remaining merged!

You'll get it, this 2.0.1 version is much more reliable. I only really had problems with the initial release.

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
I just downloaded the newest version (I had an older release for some reason) and everything seems to be working better now (and I have registry updates, yay! :D)

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
I hope to have a beta release for you guys on Friday. I have to clean up a bunch of icons and their locations, etc. It will use S2P instead of HTC Audio Manager at first, but I hope to have it use HTC Audio Manager instead soon.

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
I should have a beta out in a few hours!
The beta is now out!

New screenshots:
sshot003.bmp

sshot004.bmp

sshot005.bmp

sshot006.bmp

Last edited:

FranzB

Aug 1, 2007
How to extract?

Hi,

when i extract that file, there is a file called windows "mobile 6.5 beta.wadesktop" with 1.477 KB

What to do with that file?

Regards
FranzB