[mod][mt6573] Data2sd on stock rom

Search This thread

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012

All MT6573 android phones are plagued by low internal memory issue.

This mod works on all MT6573 Stock ROM with Stock Recovery.

Credits (In Aphabetical Order): banjo0917, casacristo, puppet13th, tazzz811, ungaze & others DEV.

Without them sharing their mods/ tools, this KANG would not be here...

BIG Kudos to them...
rclxms.gif

before.pngafter.png
---------------------------------------
Added on July 07, 2012 - Version 2
Added V2 that take advantage of another unused script on Stock ROM, xlog.sh... If your MT6573 phone already have a copy of install-recovery.sh at etc folder, you can use this V2... i think with V2, you can simply install it to all MT6573 android phone without having worrying if there is a copy of install-recovery.sh at /system/etc :fingers-crossed:

Having said that, it is always safe to check with any Root Explorer & make sure you don't have an existing copy of xlog.sh at /system/etc. If there is, then save a copy to your /sdcard/scriptz folder before using V2... :victory:
Confirmed MT6573 Android Phone that works with Data2SD mod
CSL Switch Dual II Mi357
Fly IQ260 Blackbird
Spice Mi-350n
Nexian Cosmo Journey A895
Wellcom A90+

Lenovo A60
Spice Mi-350

Alcatel BLAZE DUO OT-918N

i-mobile i695

Nexian Xtreme A899

B63M i can't find the original manufacturer & it seems like this phone is really clone of the clone... :D real shanzhai model...

Tenq S820

T9199
Detail explanation on what this mod do
It uses install-recovery.sh/ xlog.sh (V2) to start up tweaks/ scripts at your /sdcard/scriptz folder. Inside scriptz folder, there are a few tweaks/ scripts that improve your android phone performance. The beauty of this mod is that it works like init.d but it reside on your SdCard instead of /system/etc/init.d

With normal init.d mod, any wrong tweaks, your phone will not boot or goes into bootloop ! With this SdCard Tweakz, anything wrong, just remove your SdCard & your phone will reboot normally. Then you can use any card reader to remove the scripts that causes the error.

To try any other tweaks, open any init.d tweaks with Notepad ++ or equivalent & save it as XX***.sh -> XX digit, *** -> text. For detail explanation on what you can do with SD Tweakz, you can refer to the original post here...

Again, here are the original developers/ modders in alphabetical order...
banjo0917 - Ported his custom ROM to my Mi357, this has leads me to discover that install-recovery.sh can be use on all MT6573 & ungaze SD Tweakz/ Data2SD
bgcngm - his unpack/ repack script leads me to discover unused script at boot.img
casacristo - First to compile ext2.ko so everyone can use ext2 partition on MT6573 with 2.6.35.7 kernel
DooMLoRD - Use/ modded his Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit) for this mod
tazzz811 - First to discover ungaze's Data2SD can be use on MT6573
puppet13th - Use/ modded his tool for this mod earlier
ungaze - Data2SD & SD Tweakz mod
xboxexpert - Use part of his interactive script
others DEV - various scripts at scriptz folder mostly ported from banjo's ROM
Added on July 11, 2012 - Final Version via ADB
a2sd-mt6573-ext2-ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.7z
- AIO which includes rooting, auto-install busybox, su, Superuser.apk & ungaze's Data2SD & SD Tweakz

a2sd-mt6573-ext2.7z
- Install only ungaze's Data2SD & SD Tweakz for already rooted mt6573 Android phone. Make sure you have busybox prior to install this or else it will not work... :cool:
Added on July 21, 2012 - ext4 Test Version
As mention, because of work commitment, i cannot find time to fully test & release this ext4 version...Credits to Banjo0917 for compiling it...
rclxms.gif

So i'm hoping someone would take over, test it & release the stable version so that all mt6573 users can benefit from it... :laugh: It is actually a fully working version which can also be install over previous ext2 version. Problem is that it works o.k for awhile then the constant FCs... :eek:

Files are extracted from Banjo's earlier patch file, he is most active at his Pinoy forum but not here... :confused:

You can download his rom here for reference...

You can find his latest rom here...

Any taker... :cowboy:
Added on August 26, 2012 - Cronmod INT2EXT
Just got an update from [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 08/24)
thanks to croniccorey & mastermind1024, now you have a few more scripts that you can play with, on ur stock ROM... :victory:

INT2EXT Features
INT2EXT
- Mounts /sd-ext to /data

INT2EXT+
- Mounts /sd-ext to /data & leaves /data/data on internal for speed

INT2EXT4
-Mounts /sd-ext to /data & works with EXT 4 filesystem

INT2EXT4+
-Mounts /sd-ext to /data & leaves /data/data on internal for speed

01int2ext+deodex-mm.sh mod by mastermind1024 for deodex ROM & people facing slow system after using INT2EXT+ script. It moves /dalvik-cache back to internal so that your system response better...

Steps for Installation
1) Download AIO-mt6573-Data2sd-ext4-For Testing.7z, extract it to your desktop; scriptz_cronmod.7z , extract it to /sdcard
2) If you have already use previous mods then it is advisable to format ext2 partition first before installation. Double-click start.bat & when it is about to finish & ask Press any key to reboot . . ., just close it
3) Remove 01data2ext4.sh from /sdcard/scriptz folder
4) Copy only one of the script from /sdcard/scriptz_cronmod to /sdcard/scriptz & reboot

Enjoy & don't forget to thank the original DEV... :D
Added on August 30, 2012 - Amarullz Ad2sdx
i've been trying to get this mod to work on stock ROM for the longest time & now it does ! :D

Special thanks to mastermind1024, i couldn't figure out why it doesn't work at the first place, it always shows invalid IMEI for both SIM... :p

You can follow Amarullz original post here

Same as Cronmod INT2EXT, only one script should be copied to /sdcard/scriptz folder...

A little explanation about the different scripts
1) Ad2sdx mod by Alex-V - moves everything to sd-ext. According to Alex, if the internal data is full with dalvik cache & you still have plenty of free memory left on sd-ext, you can't install anymore apps...With this mod, you can !
2) Ad2sdx mod by casacristo - modded to mount ext2 instead of ext4 originally. This is the original untouched mod that places the dalvik-cache and system application data to internal memory to maintain performance.
3) Ad2sdx mod by haiduongbk - reverse mount sd-ext & data

Enjoy... ;)
Added on Sept 24, 2012 - Dark Tremor Apps2sd Version: 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
This is the last version from Dark Tremor AKA Robert Travis Kirton since Jan 2011....

i've been looking forward to his Darktremor 2.8 but sadly it never got release... :(

After installation, use A2SDGUI to move dalvik-cache to SD-EXT. Also included is FreeSpace to check Ext partition...

For maximum space saving, at ADB shell use command su then a2sd datasd but i must warn you it might FC later on... :p He did mention he was never a fan of moving the entire /data/data directory to the SD card...

Credits
Darktremor Apps2sd
A2SDGUI
Oleg Krikun FreeSpace

Enjoy... :laugh:
Added on Oct 18, 2012 Updated DT_a2sd V2 & cwmr flashable zip
With close to 300 downloads & nobody report back it doesn't work out of the box...
alamak.gif

Attached below is V2 that should work without the need to flash dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip first...

For those who already got cwmr then you can download DT_a2sd cwmr flashable zip here...
po.gif

Added on Oct 17, 2012 WARNING : MEDIATEK SMART PHONE FLASH TOOL
i've seen far too many times that fellow xda member make this same mistake over & over again, including myself...
tongue.gif

So pls pls people, don't use SP Flash Tool & download ROM not meant for your phone, it will brick it & there is no way to revive it back ! After you have download wrong PRELOADER, your phone will be completely dead, cannot power on, no charging, no recovery, no USB vcom detection & you can say
rip.jpg
to it...

Here is the WARNING again :

NEVER DOWNLOAD ROM NOT MEANT FOR YOUR PHONE. IT WILL BRICK IT !

Attachments

• a2sd-mt6573-ext2-ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,362
  • a2sd-mt6573-ext2.7z
    551.1 KB · Views: 2,319
  • scriptz_cronmod.7z
    1.9 KB · Views: 1,285
  • scriptz_Ad2sdx.7z
    2 KB · Views: 1,183
  • DT_a2sd-2.7.5.3.b4a-mt6573-ext2-ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su-V2.7z
    4.1 MB · Views: 5,953
Last edited:

breaky9973

Dec 4, 2011
If I would have seen this post before my phone wouldn't have been bricked :(

Anyway kudos to poster & developers

sevensaints

Jul 28, 2007
there are a lot of beginners would like to know how to install this into their MT6573 phone...

well...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

eventhough there is a How to Install in the MTZ file..

confusing..

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Auto Installation using ADB

1. Download & install usb driver from the above link if your phone doesn't comes with it.
2. Copy the extracted ADB folder to c:\ drive.
3. Double click Start.bat & all files will be installed.
4. Follow on-screen for instructions.

Reactions: Amelda and yuweng

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
@sevensaints
First, on your android phone, enable usb debugging... Setting -> Applications -> Development -> put a check mark on "USB debugging"

Typically, when you plug-in your android phone, windows will detect it & will prompt you to install the driver...if it doesn't then follow the steps below...

Go to Device Manager -> double click on the MT65xx Android Phone -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Next -> Have Disk -> Browse -> to wherever you have extracted the downloaded google usb driver -> android_winusb.inf -> OK -> Next -> Install -> Close -> Close

Whew, i actually replicate the actual step, by step... :p There is also another auto-installer, Pdanet, you can check it out...

Then double-click SuperOneClick & it will do its job... :victory: Answer yes when ask whether to install busybox

Actually, rooting & installing google sdk usb driver is scattered everywhere on the web & also here at xda...SuperOneClick

@breaky9973
Thanks, breaky9973...It would be great if you could post the model of your MT6573 then others users will benefit from it too... :victory:

Attachments

• ADB.png
    ADB.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 948

breaky9973

Dec 4, 2011
I have an i-mobile i695 and I got it succesfully restored (with one minor issue).
Your script works for me but it took me a couple of restarts to be fully initialized on my phone.

Reactions: yuweng

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
guys, thank you so much for your feedback... ;)

@breaky9973
actually, it works right after reboot, the problem is mediatek's mt6573 is kinda of slow while booting up & yes, what you said is correct, it actually needs around 1 to 2 minutes to fully initialized... :silly:

@sevensaints
when i got my android phone, 1st week got it rooted, 2nd week brick it, 3rd week found russian forum to restore it back... :laugh: i presume most users will root their phone once they got their hands on it... Point taken, i have included DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit with it now... :good:

As mention before, would appreciate if you guys that has this mod working on your phone to reply with the model of your mt6573 so that other users would benefit from it too... :cool:

Thanks...

para_dox77

Jul 19, 2012
Hello yuweng,

Just want to confirm this mod works on Nexian A899 based on MT6573 stockrom. because of I used Link2SD before, seem like get problem to increased the internal storage and after factory reset, it works! get it free of 1.3 GB :cool:

btw, the start.bat not works under Win7..only works under WinXP. :confused:

Thanks! :good:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback, para_dox77... :laugh:

Actually, best size for sd-ext is 1GB. i've install 200 over games to test & found out that after 1.2 GB of data fill up, after reboot, the launcher screen is not responding, all apps are missing & i have to wait around 3 to 4 minutes then everything show up ! After that, everything is quite responsive. So i guess thats the max. Same as our PC... :D On top of that, you'll save 500MB of space if you format your sd-ext 1GB instead of 1.5GB...

Both ported scripts are develop & tested on Win7 OS, so my best guest is that you didn't turn off the user account control settings...it'll block whatsoever bat/ exe/ setup file that is trying to run... :eek:

Another lesson learn, so guys please delete whatsoever link2sd, a2sd, d2sd & etc that you have or else this mod will not work... :fingers-crossed:

By the way, this mod should be call data2sd or d2sd...You can refer to this post by croniccorey. You can also try his scripts & see if it works on our mt6573...been super busy with work lately so no time for modding... :D

jinxie

Mar 21, 2008
Hey, this is great! but I am having a little issue. I have a "NEOBOX NEO" phone, and since I was stuck with the stock recovery I could add init.d support but no ext2 support so I was using link2sd with a fat32 partition, but I still had problems with storage. I uninstalled links2sd and formatted the partition to ext2, ran the .bat and it worked, now I have plenty of space and no more annoying low space messages. The thing is, whenever my phone sleeps, when I turn the screen on, it hangs for a while, and then it prompts like 3 to 5 times like it has a new sim card. My guess is that it moved the sim app to the sd and when it sleeps it is not actually reading from the card hence the problem. I haven't done any further testing but I am guessing this would also cause trouble with other apps that need to be running in the background like messaging and whatsapp and basically anything that syncs. And if I am right and that is the problem, then the solution would involve having the phone not to sleep and thus drain the battery very fast. Correct me if I am wrong (and I certainly hope I am because otherwise this seems great and the solution to my problem)

EDIT: it does the "sim thing" not only when sleeping but anytime. specially anoying when listening to music. Anyone with the same/similar issue? the card is a 16gb verbatim HC card class 10. never had a problem with it b4.

Last edited:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Hi jinxie,

I've read alot on generic a2sd mod, data2sd & etc; many users has been reporting problem with class 10... :confused:

My suggestion to you is that you remove all scripts except 01data2ext.sh & monitor from there onward...

This is the best part of ungaze's SD Tweakz, just add or remove any old/ new tweak scripts from your SdCard scriptz folder & you phone will be back to normal or even better/ faster with the correct modded scripts... :good:

The other thing is that i change the read_ahead_kb from the original 03tweakz.sh; from 1024 to 8192... :eek: You can refer to here for more info... May be it is too high for class 10... :eek: Use Notepad ++ & change it to a lower value... :D

jinxie

Mar 21, 2008
Hi jinxie,

I've read alot on generic a2sd mod, data2sd & etc; many users has been reporting problem with class 10... :confused:

My suggestion to you is that you remove all scripts except 01data2ext.sh & monitor from there onward...

This is the best part of ungaze's SD Tweakz, just add or remove any old/ new tweak scripts from your SdCard scriptz folder & you phone will be back to normal or even better/ faster with the correct modded scripts... :good:

The other thing is that i change the read_ahead_kb from the original 03tweakz.sh; from 1024 to 8192... :eek: You can refer to here for more info... May be it is too high for class 10... :eek: Use Notepad ++ & change it to a lower value... :D

Thanks for the quick reply! I will try that!
So, update: After trying it yesterday all day, very unstable, rebooted like a ziliion times, and then it looked like finally everything was in place and it started to work fine, so I installed a bunch of apps. Like 5 or 6, usual stuff, facebook, twitter, etc., rebooted, and now it bootloops. removed the card and boots fine of course, but no freaking space. What now? heh

jinxie

Mar 21, 2008
UPDATE:
I decided to do a clean install, and since there is no custom recovery for my device I cant flash zips, I erased all data and flashed the system.img partition again. I also formated both fat32 and ext2 partitions from the sd card. Then I applied your script (prior to that y reduced the read ahead kb you mentioned by half). No luck, same issues. So i deleted all scripts but the data2ext. It runs better, but I still get FCs, it hangs for a few secs, then I lose all connectivity with the "restricted access changed" message, and the new sim detected pops up constantly, so I also get a lot of dropped calls. I also noticed battery drainage, much faster than before, I think it is because of the same connectivity issue since looking for networks does drain a lot of battery.
Apparently, it has to do with data connection, since I have deactivated it and for the past hour I haven't had those problems, but I can't tell for sure, I'll test wifi when I get home.

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks so much for the update, jinxie... :eek:

AFAICR, some mt6573 has different mtd for system.img...

at adb shell, cat /proc/mtd & see if it is mtd11...

if it is different then i think you have to edit 01data2ext.sh, line 22, 33, 130, 138 to your system.img mtd location...

hope it works out for u... :fingers-crossed:

Added on August 03, 2012 - Earlier original ungaze [mod][mt6573] Data2sd on stock rom Test Version

Attach script is the original script format from ungaze's Data2SD... :fingers-crossed:

Steps
Option 1 - Replace file at SdCard
1) Delete 01data2ext.sh from SdCard scriptz folder
2) Format SdCard ext2 partition
3) Restart & let it settle down
4) Copy this file to your SdCard scriptz folder & restart

Option 2 - Reinstall this mod all over again
1) Format SdCard ext2 partition, factory reset, wipe data
2) Restart & let it settle down
3) Copy this file to & delete 01data2ext.sh -> files -> scriptz folder & run start.bat

Attachments

• 01ungaze_init.7z
    1.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

jinxie

Mar 21, 2008
I had a record of my tables but I cant find it, but if the mtd was different shouldn't it not work at all? because it does work, I have the internal memory the size of the partition, but it is unstable and slow.
I installed terminal but it FCs so I am installing ADB because I formatted my pc recently so I will tell you in a few minutes.
Btw it seems the SIM card problem only happens when the data connection is active, maybe it has to do with the network changes from E to 3G and H. I haven't been able to disable fast dormancy. The battery consumption showed almost 50% in Cell standby. But it still hangs, FCs and that kind of weir stuff that makes it really hard to use and a challenge to my patience. Thank you for all your help. Is there any other alternative you would recommend for the low storage issue for us the poor ones with stock recovery? Link2sd worked for a while but then memory got full anyways, dont know why because I had almost every app on the SD. I wish I could use a2sdx...

EDIT: yup system is mtd11 :S

Last edited:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
@loris22
Thank you so much for your feedback, another phone added to the list... :laugh:

@y2yu
Wow, you post reply here & on my other thread, hope you find my KANG useful... :fingers-crossed:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Yes, in fact you can ! But it will be quite tedious as you need to manually copy a2sd's files to its appropriate folders, manually set permissions & etc for it to work.... :eek: And you will also need bgcngm's MTK-Tools to unpack boot.img...You can refer to here for more info...

Why don't you use my universal cwmr Android Kitchen plugins for porting cwmr to ur MT6573 ?

I've created this thread specially for MT6573 users that are happy with their stock ROM but needed larger internal memory...

Originally, most of these data2sd scripts require some kind of modding to the boot.img or system.img while the one here doesn't require any of that... :eek:

Kudos to the original DEVs for these excellent scripts.... :D

Reactions: gp.triple

gp.triple

Jan 7, 2010
milan
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Honor 8
Yes, in fact you can ! But it will be quite tedious as you need to manually copy a2sd's files to its appropriate folders, manually set permissions & etc for it to work.... :eek: And you will also need bgcngm's MTK-Tools to unpack boot.img...You can refer to here for more info...

Why don't you use my universal cwmr Android Kitchen plugins for porting cwmr to ur MT6573 ?

I've created this thread specially for MT6573 users that are happy with their stock ROM but needed larger internal memory...

Originally, most of these data2sd scripts require some kind of modding to the boot.img or system.img while the one here doesn't require any of that... :eek:

Kudos to the original DEVs for these excellent scripts.... :D

THANKS!!
this night i study everything i try to make a working cwmr for alcatel 991!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All MT6573 android phones are plagued by low internal memory issue.

This mod works on all MT6573 Stock ROM with Stock Recovery.

Credits (In Aphabetical Order): banjo0917, casacristo, puppet13th, tazzz811, ungaze & others DEV.

Without them sharing their mods/ tools, this KANG would not be here...

BIG Kudos to them...
    rclxms.gif

before.pngafter.png
    Added on July 07, 2012 - Version 2
    Added V2 that take advantage of another unused script on Stock ROM, xlog.sh... If your MT6573 phone already have a copy of install-recovery.sh at etc folder, you can use this V2... i think with V2, you can simply install it to all MT6573 android phone without having worrying if there is a copy of install-recovery.sh at /system/etc :fingers-crossed:

Having said that, it is always safe to check with any Root Explorer & make sure you don't have an existing copy of xlog.sh at /system/etc. If there is, then save a copy to your /sdcard/scriptz folder before using V2... :victory:
    Confirmed MT6573 Android Phone that works with Data2SD mod
    CSL Switch Dual II Mi357
    Fly IQ260 Blackbird
    Spice Mi-350n
    Nexian Cosmo Journey A895
    Wellcom A90+

Lenovo A60
    Spice Mi-350

Alcatel BLAZE DUO OT-918N

i-mobile i695

Nexian Xtreme A899

B63M i can't find the original manufacturer & it seems like this phone is really clone of the clone... :D real shanzhai model...

Tenq S820

T9199
    Detail explanation on what this mod do
    It uses install-recovery.sh/ xlog.sh (V2) to start up tweaks/ scripts at your /sdcard/scriptz folder. Inside scriptz folder, there are a few tweaks/ scripts that improve your android phone performance. The beauty of this mod is that it works like init.d but it reside on your SdCard instead of /system/etc/init.d

With normal init.d mod, any wrong tweaks, your phone will not boot or goes into bootloop ! With this SdCard Tweakz, anything wrong, just remove your SdCard & your phone will reboot normally. Then you can use any card reader to remove the scripts that causes the error.

To try any other tweaks, open any init.d tweaks with Notepad ++ or equivalent & save it as XX***.sh -> XX digit, *** -> text. For detail explanation on what you can do with SD Tweakz, you can refer to the original post here...

Again, here are the original developers/ modders in alphabetical order...
    banjo0917 - Ported his custom ROM to my Mi357, this has leads me to discover that install-recovery.sh can be use on all MT6573 & ungaze SD Tweakz/ Data2SD
    bgcngm - his unpack/ repack script leads me to discover unused script at boot.img
    casacristo - First to compile ext2.ko so everyone can use ext2 partition on MT6573 with 2.6.35.7 kernel
    DooMLoRD - Use/ modded his Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit) for this mod
    tazzz811 - First to discover ungaze's Data2SD can be use on MT6573
    puppet13th - Use/ modded his tool for this mod earlier
    ungaze - Data2SD & SD Tweakz mod
    xboxexpert - Use part of his interactive script
    others DEV - various scripts at scriptz folder mostly ported from banjo's ROM
    Added on July 11, 2012 - Final Version via ADB
    a2sd-mt6573-ext2-ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.7z
    - AIO which includes rooting, auto-install busybox, su, Superuser.apk & ungaze's Data2SD & SD Tweakz

a2sd-mt6573-ext2.7z
    - Install only ungaze's Data2SD & SD Tweakz for already rooted mt6573 Android phone. Make sure you have busybox prior to install this or else it will not work... :cool:
    Added on July 21, 2012 - ext4 Test Version
    As mention, because of work commitment, i cannot find time to fully test & release this ext4 version...Credits to Banjo0917 for compiling it...
    rclxms.gif

So i'm hoping someone would take over, test it & release the stable version so that all mt6573 users can benefit from it... :laugh: It is actually a fully working version which can also be install over previous ext2 version. Problem is that it works o.k for awhile then the constant FCs... :eek:

Files are extracted from Banjo's earlier patch file, he is most active at his Pinoy forum but not here... :confused:

You can download his rom here for reference...

You can find his latest rom here...

Any taker... :cowboy:
    Added on August 26, 2012 - Cronmod INT2EXT
    Just got an update from [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 08/24)
    thanks to croniccorey & mastermind1024, now you have a few more scripts that you can play with, on ur stock ROM... :victory:

INT2EXT Features
    INT2EXT
    - Mounts /sd-ext to /data

INT2EXT+
    - Mounts /sd-ext to /data & leaves /data/data on internal for speed

INT2EXT4
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data & works with EXT 4 filesystem

INT2EXT4+
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data & leaves /data/data on internal for speed

01int2ext+deodex-mm.sh mod by mastermind1024 for deodex ROM & people facing slow system after using INT2EXT+ script. It moves /dalvik-cache back to internal so that your system response better...

Steps for Installation
    1) Download AIO-mt6573-Data2sd-ext4-For Testing.7z, extract it to your desktop; scriptz_cronmod.7z , extract it to /sdcard
    2) If you have already use previous mods then it is advisable to format ext2 partition first before installation. Double-click start.bat & when it is about to finish & ask Press any key to reboot . . ., just close it
    3) Remove 01data2ext4.sh from /sdcard/scriptz folder
    4) Copy only one of the script from /sdcard/scriptz_cronmod to /sdcard/scriptz & reboot

Enjoy & don't forget to thank the original DEV... :D
    Added on August 30, 2012 - Amarullz Ad2sdx
    i've been trying to get this mod to work on stock ROM for the longest time & now it does ! :D

Special thanks to mastermind1024, i couldn't figure out why it doesn't work at the first place, it always shows invalid IMEI for both SIM... :p

You can follow Amarullz original post here

Same as Cronmod INT2EXT, only one script should be copied to /sdcard/scriptz folder...

A little explanation about the different scripts
    1) Ad2sdx mod by Alex-V - moves everything to sd-ext. According to Alex, if the internal data is full with dalvik cache & you still have plenty of free memory left on sd-ext, you can't install anymore apps...With this mod, you can !
    2) Ad2sdx mod by casacristo - modded to mount ext2 instead of ext4 originally. This is the original untouched mod that places the dalvik-cache and system application data to internal memory to maintain performance.
    3) Ad2sdx mod by haiduongbk - reverse mount sd-ext & data

Enjoy... ;)
    Added on Sept 24, 2012 - Dark Tremor Apps2sd Version: 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
    This is the last version from Dark Tremor AKA Robert Travis Kirton since Jan 2011....

i've been looking forward to his Darktremor 2.8 but sadly it never got release... :(

After installation, use A2SDGUI to move dalvik-cache to SD-EXT. Also included is FreeSpace to check Ext partition...

For maximum space saving, at ADB shell use command su then a2sd datasd but i must warn you it might FC later on... :p He did mention he was never a fan of moving the entire /data/data directory to the SD card...

Credits
    Darktremor Apps2sd
    A2SDGUI
    Oleg Krikun FreeSpace

Enjoy... :laugh:
    Added on Oct 18, 2012 Updated DT_a2sd V2 & cwmr flashable zip
    With close to 300 downloads & nobody report back it doesn't work out of the box...
    alamak.gif

Attached below is V2 that should work without the need to flash dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip first...

For those who already got cwmr then you can download DT_a2sd cwmr flashable zip here...
    po.gif

Added on Oct 17, 2012 WARNING : MEDIATEK SMART PHONE FLASH TOOL
    i've seen far too many times that fellow xda member make this same mistake over & over again, including myself...
    tongue.gif

So pls pls people, don't use SP Flash Tool & download ROM not meant for your phone, it will brick it & there is no way to revive it back ! After you have download wrong PRELOADER, your phone will be completely dead, cannot power on, no charging, no recovery, no USB vcom detection & you can say
    rip.jpg
    to it...

Here is the WARNING again :

NEVER DOWNLOAD ROM NOT MEANT FOR YOUR PHONE. IT WILL BRICK IT !
    @sevensaints
    First, on your android phone, enable usb debugging... Setting -> Applications -> Development -> put a check mark on "USB debugging"

Typically, when you plug-in your android phone, windows will detect it & will prompt you to install the driver...if it doesn't then follow the steps below...

Go to Device Manager -> double click on the MT65xx Android Phone -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Next -> Have Disk -> Browse -> to wherever you have extracted the downloaded google usb driver -> android_winusb.inf -> OK -> Next -> Install -> Close -> Close

Whew, i actually replicate the actual step, by step... :p There is also another auto-installer, Pdanet, you can check it out...

Then double-click SuperOneClick & it will do its job... :victory: Answer yes when ask whether to install busybox

Actually, rooting & installing google sdk usb driver is scattered everywhere on the web & also here at xda...SuperOneClick

@breaky9973
    Thanks, breaky9973...It would be great if you could post the model of your MT6573 then others users will benefit from it too... :victory:
    Hi jinxie,

guys, thank you so much for your feedback... ;)

@breaky9973
    actually, it works right after reboot, the problem is mediatek's mt6573 is kinda of slow while booting up & yes, what you said is correct, it actually needs around 1 to 2 minutes to fully initialized... :silly:

@sevensaints
    when i got my android phone, 1st week got it rooted, 2nd week brick it, 3rd week found russian forum to restore it back... :laugh: i presume most users will root their phone once they got their hands on it... Point taken, i have included DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit with it now... :good:

As mention before, would appreciate if you guys that has this mod working on your phone to reply with the model of your mt6573 so that other users would benefit from it too... :cool:

Thanks...
    Thank you so much for your feedback, para_dox77... :laugh:

Actually, best size for sd-ext is 1GB. i've install 200 over games to test & found out that after 1.2 GB of data fill up, after reboot, the launcher screen is not responding, all apps are missing & i have to wait around 3 to 4 minutes then everything show up ! After that, everything is quite responsive. So i guess thats the max. Same as our PC... :D On top of that, you'll save 500MB of space if you format your sd-ext 1GB instead of 1.5GB...

Both ported scripts are develop & tested on Win7 OS, so my best guest is that you didn't turn off the user account control settings...it'll block whatsoever bat/ exe/ setup file that is trying to run... :eek:

Another lesson learn, so guys please delete whatsoever link2sd, a2sd, d2sd & etc that you have or else this mod will not work... :fingers-crossed:

By the way, this mod should be call data2sd or d2sd...You can refer to this post by croniccorey. You can also try his scripts & see if it works on our mt6573...been super busy with work lately so no time for modding... :D