Data issues

Search This thread

dragonsamus

I constantly have to toggle airplane mode on and off for my data to work. When I'm using my phone all of a sudden my data will cut off and the only way to get it back on is if I reboot the phone or if I toggle airplane mode. I think I read that the issue is from android 4.4.2?? I'm currently using W03 Slim v17. I had these issues on Darthstalker v6 which was android 4.3.

Anyone else experiencing the same data drop out issues as I am? Anyone found a fix?

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
send a log to the dev of the rom and change to a different rom if possible and see if that works. also, go under the apn settings and make sure that your career is checked marked.. hope that helps!

Reactions: dragonsamus
It didn't for me still having data drop outs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Did your baseband update?

4udyravy.jpg

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
You are dealing with an issue familiar with the Note 3 on JB. You, if you so choose to decide need to update to kitkat bootloader, and run a rom made for kit kat. Running older (jellybean) roms on your phone, you will get this problem.

We also experienced, this problem with the original KIt Kat update, but found out it was a problem more with the phone then with roms. Updating software has seemed to fixed this for alot of users.

Hope this helps.

dragonsamus

Looks like my data issues are over. I updated my phone to KitKat using Jovy's guide and haven't experienced a data drop out. I would recommend everyone who has data issues to upgrade immediately. Thanks for all the replies.

dragonsamus

Ok, I spoke too soon. I'm still experiencing data drop out. This time though, after a while the data will connect by itself without me having to toggle airplane mode on and off. And by a while its like a minute or too. I didn't time it.

srod562

May 11, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I've been having the same problem as you and others for quite sometime now with data drops and it showing 4g lte but nothing loading. Im on 4.3 MI7 though, did a lil research and someone said to add a new apn and change it to IPv4 instead of IPv6 and it should help. Made the change and I havent had a single data drop yet in 2 days and I usally already have like 5 and having to toggle data and airplane mode to get it back. Might be too early to know for sure but it wouldnt wouldn't hurt to try and see. You need to turn off your data, go to more networks, mobile networks, access point names and create a new apn then save it and select it. Add only whats checked marked in red. Hope this helps...

Sent from my Galaxy Note3 using SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402255185517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402255185517.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 138
  • uploadfromtaptalk1402255196026.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402255196026.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 138

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ne6 fixes this.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T
    send a log to the dev of the rom and change to a different rom if possible and see if that works. also, go under the apn settings and make sure that your career is checked marked.. hope that helps!
    You are dealing with an issue familiar with the Note 3 on JB. You, if you so choose to decide need to update to kitkat bootloader, and run a rom made for kit kat. Running older (jellybean) roms on your phone, you will get this problem.

We also experienced, this problem with the original KIt Kat update, but found out it was a problem more with the phone then with roms. Updating software has seemed to fixed this for alot of users.

Hope this helps.
    I've been having the same problem as you and others for quite sometime now with data drops and it showing 4g lte but nothing loading. Im on 4.3 MI7 though, did a lil research and someone said to add a new apn and change it to IPv4 instead of IPv6 and it should help. Made the change and I havent had a single data drop yet in 2 days and I usally already have like 5 and having to toggle data and airplane mode to get it back. Might be too early to know for sure but it wouldnt wouldn't hurt to try and see. You need to turn off your data, go to more networks, mobile networks, access point names and create a new apn then save it and select it. Add only whats checked marked in red. Hope this helps...

Sent from my Galaxy Note3 using SkyBlue Tapatalk 2