Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
Reactions: bvannier

bvannier

Apr 9, 2009
Paris
Vivo X90 Pro Plus
http://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=CLT-L29C432&firmware_page=0

Search for FullOTA-MF (only!) and click on filelist.
You need three zip files, the one which is for L09 you don't need.
Rename the zip files after downloading and do it with the Guide in OP.
Think you
The only link available I am downloading now is called "update.zip" and is 2,41 Gib
Do I have to flash the 3 .zip files like it is mentionned in the OP?
So far,only one is available on the link you gave me
On my way:highfive:

Last edited:

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
Think you
The only link available I am downloading now is called "update.zip" and is 2,41 Gib
Do I have to flash the 3 .zip files like it is mentionned in the OP?
So far,only one is available on the link you gave me
On my way:highfive:

You have to click on FILELIST (I said before) and then you get the Links for all zip files in a new window

Reactions: bvannier

bvannier

Apr 9, 2009
Paris
Vivo X90 Pro Plus
Huawei P20 Pro double SIM CLT-L29 C432 (P20 Pro) from 106 to 107b
At least, I made it
Step by step
What is needed.
Get the files to this link : http://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=CLT-L29C432&firmware_page=0
Click on FullOTA-MF (only!) and click on filelist I had to click several times on filelist to get the links to the 3.zip files needed (thinks to Tecalote for his patience!):D:D
So, the difficult part was to rename the.zip files( I went to #32, page 4 and renamed exactly like it was : Download firmware files (for official firmware use Huawei Firmware Finder).
1. Put files you want to flash in a seperate folder on sdcard.
Supported zip files to flash are (name must match):
o update.zip (use FullOTA file)
o update_full_hw.zip
o update_data_full_public.zip
2. Optional: Put recovery.img in same folder if you want to keep custom recovery.
3. Put HuRUpdater zip in same folder. Example:
4. Select only HuRUpdater to flash in custom recovery.
5. Follow instructions on screen. Flashing can take multiple minutes.
Then I followed exactly step by step.
It didn’t work and I had error messages:crying: flashing with hurupdater_0.3.zip:
No update_data_public.zip found in /sdcard/”name of your folder”:silly:
No update_all_hw.zip in /sdcard/”name of your folder”:silly:
As you can see the name of the .zip files did’nt match #32.
I renamed exactly as asked to get rid of the error messages, and BINGO!
Do not reboot before flashing the magisk file to get rooted, then wipe dalwik and cache.
So now I have a fully working P20 Pro, and the difference from the camera is gordious
After flashing perfectly well with HuRUpdater, I reboot in TWRP, fine, but my password is not recognized any more. I had to reboot normally, then get rid of passcode (disabling security features). Now with no passcode, Twrp is running fine.
Thinks to all of you who spent time answering my questions, It was worth it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tecalote

Twig.hat

Mar 30, 2016
Confirmed working for "Honor 7X" , thanks for the hard work , you just saved me from bricking my phone

rhaavin

Nov 24, 2014
Thank you very much, I can confirm that it works on Huawei Mate 10 Lite. RNE-L21 8.0.0.304 (C432CUSTC432D1)

culiacanazo

HuRUpdater_0.3.zip
HuRUpdater_0.2.zip
Tested up to STF-L09C432B362

It's recommended to use a proper custom recovery (with running oeminfo_nvm_server service) like for example my version of TWRP...
...Supported devices:
Honor 9
Honor View 10 (confirmed* by Rommco05)
Huawei P9 Lite (confirmed* by Tecalote)
Huawei P9 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
Huawei P Smart (confirmed* by flibblesan)
Huawei Mate 9 (confirmed* by ante0)
Huawei Mate 10 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
Huawei P20 (confirmed* by realz88)
Honor 8 (confirmed* by mynote@xda)
Huawei P8 Lite (2017) (confirmed* by neverdies)
Honor 7X (confirmed* by Twig.hat)
Other Huawei/Honor? Try and let me know
Sir, I believe I know the answer but I'll still ask you since there may be something you know I don't; the zip works for several devices, but what about YOUR version of TWRP?

andymore

Apr 11, 2018
This worked perfectly on my Huawei P Smart! Updated to the very latest ROM on FirmwareFinder that hasn't been approved for installation by Huawei yet, no issues at all.

I had to use the weird Chinese TWRP image from this thread, at least until I figure out how to get a proper TWRP recovery working. https://xdaforums.com/general/general/how-to-root-huawei-p-smart-fig-lx1-t3752705

Dear fibblesan,

I need to rebrand my FIG-LX1 from c02 to c432 and I've only two short questions:

1.- Did you had to rebrand your P Smart to C432 before using the HuRUpdater?
2.- Which one of this two HW files did you use? update_full_FIG-L31_hw_eu.zip or update_full_FIG-L11_hw_eu.zip? I've the FIG- LX1 and I'm not sure which one is the right one to use with the HuRUpdater

Thanks!

Last edited:

ShazlieyAzizan

Dec 1, 2017
Petaling Jaya
This Method Worked On My Huawei Nova 2i - RNE-L22 c636, same model as mate 10 lite rne-l22 . I successfully install unverified version of emiui XD

Last edited:

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
Dear fibblesan,

I need to rebrand my FIG-LX1 from c02 to c432 and I've only two short questions:

2.- Which one of this two HW files did you use? update_full_FIG-L31_hw_eu.zip or update_full_FIG-L11_hw_eu.zip? I've the FIG- LX1 and I'm not sure which one is the right one to use with the HuRUpdater
https://xdaforums.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279/page10
Thanks!

1) Debranding /Rebranding have to be done at first - if you have seen a Guide /Thread on xda (because it is not possible on some Oreo Firmwares /Devices without the risk of a hardbrick!)
2) Dont flash any Firmware which doesn't match your device! This will brick your phone.
Only if you're device would be successful rebranded to FIG-LX1 c432 (but I am not sure if this is really possible) then you must take
for updating
update.zip
update_data_full_public.zip
and I suspect FIG-LX11_hw_eu.zip (since there's no LX1 zip in the FIG-LX1c432b140/b141 Firmware - it can't be the LX31)
(rename the zip files as written in OP)

Reactions: andymore

thesingular

Jul 26, 2016
Tested and confirmed by multiple people on Mate 10 Lite, including myself(It rescued me from a brick situation from a custom ROM). As for why I said multiple people, there are people linking to this thread recommending the tool on the "Huawei Mate 10 Lite ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Development" subsection in the Mate 10 forum here.

flibblesan

Feb 12, 2008
Nottingham
Nothing Phone 1
Dear fibblesan,

Thanks!

I didn't rebrand my device so I cannot answer your questions, sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here I present my tool to flash Honor stock firmware in TWRP recovery. I have tested it on all currently available firmwares for Honor 9 STF but still this tool is beta.

HuRUpdater
    Huawei Recovery Updater

• Flash official firmware zip files
    • Can detect if firmware locks bootloader
    • Can detect if firmware wipes data

Download:

It's recommended to use a proper custom recovery (with running oeminfo_nvm_server service) like for example my version of TWRP.

How to use:
    Warning: Make sure you know what you are doing and do not flash firmware from other devices.
    1. Download firmware files (for official firmware use Huawei Firmware Finder).
    2. Put files you want to flash in a seperate folder on sdcard.
      Supported zip files to flash are (name must match):
      • update.zip (use FullOTA file)
      • update_all_hw.zip
      • update_data_public.zip
    3. Optional: Put recovery.img in same folder if you want to keep custom recovery.
    4. Put HuRUpdater zip in same folder. Example:
      ok6f53.jpg
    5. Select only HuRUpdater to flash in custom recovery.
    6. Follow instructions on screen. Flashing can take multiple minutes.

Problems:
    • If firmware includes factory reset
      • Factory reset is not supported by custom recovery. Therefore HuRUpdater will flash stock recovery before launching factory reset. After flashing firmware and doing factory reset, you need to flash recovery manually.

Supported devices:
    • Honor 9
    • Honor View 10 (confirmed* by Rommco05)
    • Huawei P9 Lite (confirmed* by Tecalote)
    • Huawei P9 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
    • Huawei P Smart (confirmed* by flibblesan)
    • Huawei Mate 9 (confirmed* by ante0)
    • Huawei Mate 10 (confirmed* by Tecalote)
    • Huawei P20 (confirmed* by realz88)
    • Honor 8 (confirmed* by mynote@xda)
    • Huawei P8 Lite (2017) (confirmed* by neverdies)
    • Honor 6X (confirmed* by siddhrsh)
    • Huawei Mediapad M5 (confirmed* by ZeuseZ)
    • Other Huawei/Honor? Try and let me know
    * first confirmation

Bugreport:
    Post full /tmp/recovery.log file in comments

Thanks to all testers who report new devices working. Especially big thanks to @Tecalote who provided me with extensive testing / logs and found bugs.

XDA:DevDB Information
    HuRUpdater for Honor, Tool/Utility for the Honor 9

Contributors
    zxz0O0

Version Information

Created 2018-03-27
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    Reserved

Changelog:
      • Add static busybox
      • Update installer binary
      • Fix set_metadata (do not abort)
      • Add own busybox for recoveries with bugged version
      • Rename zip files to match HWOTA names
    New version is released. Changes:
    • Fix set_metadata (do not abort)
    • Add own busybox for recoveries with bugged version
    • Rename zip files to match HWOTA names
    Big thanks to @Tecalote. He found these bugs, always provided me with all the necessary logs and extensively tested new version. So leave him a thanks under his posts.
    Got it. I missed that part to read. Thanks for pointing out. Is there anyway that we can flash OTA?

No, it's not

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

I've heard that "PV" is "Previous version". This one will be used in future to revert back to this ROM if you wish to do in future. Don't use it to upgrade.

PV = Point Version
    MF = Multi File

FullOTA-MF-PV Versions are flashable with TWRP (which support encryption) - if you are on the required firmware before and it must be done with the right steps. It contains mostly two zip files, sometimes three. The zip files must be flashed without reboot to system between and with reboot to EMUI Recovery after. On this point data Factoryreset is required before booting to the system again.
    However it can not be used in every situation and doesn't work all the time.
    PV versions are made to update the phone from one Android /or EMUI v to the next ore sometimes for downgrade too (as you said)

On P9 for example I can flash b386 (Android 7) over b182 (Android 6) with PV version and TWRP (with encryption support). Of course only with the right firmware for model and cust. (not c432 over c636 for example)

To be sure I would use HuRUpdater only with FullOTA-MF on same Android version.
    But it's also necessary to know that firmwares requires firmware versions and must match the device.
    Some version jumps will not work.
    For example I can update on P9 b394 over b386, but not b398 over b386..

So beginners should take care of their phone and not flashing anything before thinking about and be sure what they are doing.

I have seen many bricked phones because some people are flashing everything without worrying about it..
    I repair every week (private) one /two bricked phones from User of German Android Hilfe de Forum..
    Added version 0.4 to OP. The busybox is now static, this should hopefully resolve the issues on older recoveries (like Nougat).