[Q] Which root thread do i follow ?

Search This thread

vince2709

Jan 30, 2013
Hi viewers, i'm sorry if this is a spam thread but i'm kinda of a newbie here... so i'm wanting to root my mega i9205... and i've seen quite several threads on how to root but i'm having trouble on which to follow :confused:... so can anyone kindly direct me to the working and recommended thread for me to root ? Thank you :eek:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Depends on your exact phone model and the kinda rom you are running now. More info required.

vince2709

Jan 30, 2013
Ohh... i just want to root but i'm currently on pure stock, out of the box and its a mega 6.3 gt-i9205

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Ohh... i just want to root but i'm currently on pure stock, out of the box and its a mega 6.3 gt-i9205
Hi..you can just use Kingo Root from this thread which is really simple to use, but i see the link for the program is now working again in that post, but you can get the program in my post also here as it will work on your model of the mega and use either the CWM or TWRP recovery from Silesh.Nair post here and in his signature use the downloads link and once on the download site and then select Recoveries via Odin and then select Old and there you can choose either CWM or TWRP recovery to flash with odin (i use Odin 3.07) and flash the .tar file with Odin and check my post here on how to use Odin, hope this helps you out and if you need more help just post. :)

Last edited:

vince2709

Jan 30, 2013
hi starmaster10... its me, thx again for helping me root my mega anyway i rooted it with that kingo root then i flashed cwm through odin... both worked fine until i realise something... when i go into cwm and i press reboot system, i will get stuck at 1 part which is at the samsung logo after the purple swirly oval thingy... even with me just turning on my phone it gets stuck sometimes and takes me a few times until it actually boots up normally... but when i go reboot from cwm, it confirm gets stuck... and i also do see that 2 red lines when i go to cwm... pls explain to me what i have to know and maybe tell me what i should do... thank u :/

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
hi starmaster10... its me, thx again for helping me root my mega anyway i rooted it with that kingo root then i flashed cwm through odin... both worked fine until i realise something... when i go into cwm and i press reboot system, i will get stuck at 1 part which is at the samsung logo after the purple swirly oval thingy... even with me just turning on my phone it gets stuck sometimes and takes me a few times until it actually boots up normally... but when i go reboot from cwm, it confirm gets stuck... and i also do see that 2 red lines when i go to cwm... pls explain to me what i have to know and maybe tell me what i should do... thank u :/

Grab the recovery in Silesh signature or philz touch cause you will needing to use it anyways with the 4.4 ROMs

*2SHAYNEZ*KCCO*

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Hi..well first i would do is re-flash the recovery (either the CWM or the TWRP one, depends on which one you use) with odin and uncheck reboot option in odin, but when it is done flashing unplug your device and reboot your device into the recovery right away again as this has to be done in order for the recovery to work properly and from the stock recovery being installed by the device again.

The red lines can be taken away once you have your recovery flashed you have to flash the stock kernel from your rom with odin (recheck the reboot option in odin) which is the boot.img file and it has to be converted to a .tar file to be flashed via odin, you just have to get the stock rom for your region and unpack the zip file and then extract the boot.img file from the rom file which it usually comes as a .tar.md5 file or just a .tar file also. Just use winrar to extract the boot.img file and if you can do this and upload that boot.img file i can convert it for you if you like.

But even if you flash the stock kernel which may take twice to flash to get rid of the two red line when booting up your device, but when you go into recovery mode the two red lines will still be there i believe as your model of the mega is different than mine and my does not show this, only booting recovery in blue shows on my i527m version of the mega..hope this helps you out.

Try the re-flashing of the recovery and see how the phone boots into the rom after that as you might have to clear the Dalvik Cache with the recovery as this sometimes can correct boot problems when clearing this. :)

Last edited:

vince2709

Jan 30, 2013
Hi starmaster10, shayneflashindaily, thx for all ur help but i've come to a decision to maybe not bring u the trouble to keep helping me, currently i'm still facing that problem with occasional stuck at boot... so i shall just restore back to stock... i just need your help getting me my official firmware which is SINGAPORE XSP OR MM1if that is ok :/ ... my ip doesn't seem to allow me to access to download those links from any site... thank u

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Hi starmaster10, shayneflashindaily, thx for all ur help but i've come to a decision to maybe not bring u the trouble to keep helping me, currently i'm still facing that problem with occasional stuck at boot... so i shall just restore back to stock... i just need your help getting me my official firmware which is SINGAPORE XSP OR MM1if that is ok :/ ... my ip doesn't seem to allow me to access to download those links from any site... thank u
Okay i am downloading the stock rom now and once i get it downloaded and uploaded to my google drive i will post a link to the google drive so you can download then. :)

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon

Okay i am downloading the stock rom now and once i get it downloaded and uploaded to my google drive i will post a link to the google drive so you can download then. :)
Update: Okay here is the link for your stock rom MM1-I9205XXUAMH2-20130923180556

artnada

May 27, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hi..you can just use Kingo Root from this thread which is really simple to use, but i see the link for the program is now working again in that post, but you can get the program in my post also here as it will work on your model of the mega and use either the CWM or TWRP recovery from Silesh.Nair post here and in his signature use the downloads link and once on the download site and then select Recoveries via Odin and then select Old and there you can choose either CWM or TWRP recovery to flash with odin (i use Odin 3.07) and flash the .tar file with Odin and check my post here on how to use Odin, hope this helps you out and if you need more help just post. :)
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.:confused:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Once again... Thank you very much :)
You are welcome. ;)

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.:confused:
Yeah google drive says that but the file is okay, i will have to change the link for that program to their site..darn them...will change that shortly.

Update: Link for the KingoRoot program has now been changed to their site and should be good to go now. :good:

Last edited:

vince2709

Jan 30, 2013
hi again.. just asking, wheres the thread or post where the person showed a list of system apps that can be removed when rooted... im currently on stock and just planning to root :) not install cwm