[MOD][MCU] BD375xx Sound Processor

Search This thread

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
I spent some time and I prepared SoundPatch similar to 7floor modification.
The difference is: It's no need any hardware modification, only patched MCU firmware and modified android Amplifier apk

That's how it looks:
attachment.php

Remember
I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your unit by flashing the mod image.
You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

Update 18-08-2019 (remarks below)

@adrianpop1990 has prepared repository on GitHub. Many thanks for him
If someone are interested in contribute this mod please look at https://github.com/avp90/MTCAmpSetupBD375XXMod

Links:
  1. Patched MCU firmwares:
  2. Modified Amplifier apk:

Revert to previous version:

Inconveniences what I noticed:
In Music app, the button marked in red (below) works not properly when Amplifier app not running in the background
MusicEQ.png

Have a nice fun/use/whatever :)

Update:
  • 18-08-2019 - new MCU CHS_3.15bd, CZ_2.97bd, GS_3.17bd, GS_3.10bd, HA_3.14bd, LM_3.16bd, MX_3.13bd, MX2_3.13bd, OLS_3.12bd, TONE_3.17bd, YB_3.10bd, YL_3.10bd preapred by @2uPGodCnrwa
  • 06-05-2019 - new MCU CHS_3.10bd, HA_3.10bd, HT_3.03bd, HXD_3.06bd, KGL_3.10bd, MX_3.08bd, YB_V3.08bd preapred by @2uPGodCnrwa (link)
  • 04-05-2019 - new MCU LM_3.06bd, HA_3.06bd, GS_3.07bd, MX_3.06bd, XRC_3.01bd, KLD_3.01bd, TONE_3.06bd preapred by @2uPGodCnrwa (link)
  • 18-02-2019 - new MCU LM_3.01cbd preapred by @2uPGodCnrwa (link)
  • 27-12-2018 - AmpSetupMOD & ROOT updated (restoring settings after cold reboot and range subwoofer is configurable after click/touch SUB label) LINK
  • 25-12-2018 - new MCUs GS_3.00bd, HA_2.99bd, HXD_2.95bd, KGL_2.96bd, KLD_2.94bd, KSP_3.00bd, MX_3.00bd, PSD_2.88bd, WWW_2.94bd, XRC_2.94bd
  • 27-10-2018 - corrected MCUs GS_2.94bd, MTCE_HA_2.89bd, HXD_2.93bd, MTCE_KLD_2.88bd, KSP_2.89bd, MTCE_LM_2.88bd, MX_2.94bd, XRC_2.89bd (restoring preamp settings after wakeup)
  • 16-10-2018 - new MCUs GS_2.94bd, HXD_2.93bd, KSP_2.89bd, MX_2.94bd, XRC_2.89bd
  • 01-10-2018 - added link to GitHub repository. Thanks @adrianpop1990
  • 13-09-2018 - new MCUs GS_2.93bd, HA_2.89bd, MX_2.91bd
  • 03-09-2018 - corrected MCU for MX_2.90
  • 02-09-2018 - new MCU's and MTCAmpSetupMOD & ROOT: loudness Gain and HiCut
  • 28-08-2018 - MTCAmpSetupMOD & ROOT: ability to change the slider value even without releasing it

Please don't ask for patched MCU firmware for other versions & other manufactures. Maybe, if I will find more free time, I will prepare more versions.

Attachments

• MTCAmpSetupMODscreen.png
    MTCAmpSetupMODscreen.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 40,718
Last edited:

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
MTCAmpSetup MOD&ROOT

Link to GitHub repository (thanks to @adrianpop1990 for preapring this repository)
https://github.com/avp90/MTCAmpSetupBD375XXMod

Links to sources:

Projects are for AndroidStudio. Currenty I use version:
2018-09-09_13h38_57.png

To build MTCAmpSetup MOD and ROOT at the same time use: (apk will be built in folder Output)
2018-09-09_13h35_11.png

This is my first program for Android and first in Java so please be understanding

Last edited:

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
Info how to prepare patched MCU

First and foremost remember !!!
You make changes to the firmware at your own risk. You must be sure what you are doing. Otherwise you block/brick the unit

I hope that nobody will have to use this thread Guide how to unlock bricked MCU units

Update 26-12-2018
- new guide for MCU GS V3.00, new/updated project for AtollicTrueStudio

Needed tools:

Files:

What you must know yet?
This method applies for firmware version >= 2.84

A few hints at posts : #367, #370, #378
And new guidelines for new versions at posts: #374, #488, #606

Please be understanding if I have written something not clearly (especially for my English)

Last edited:

BMW6Cylinder

Sep 13, 2012
Dresden
German Guide

Its Very amazing..thanks you :)

I write a German Guide for the Facebookgroup

MCU Ändern und Sound Modding
!!!GERÄT KANN GEBRICKED WERDEN!!!

Aktuell für GS und HA sowie MCTD und MCTE Modelle.
Siehe Einstellungen->Über das Gerät

Wer aber, so wie ich, zB XRC besitzt, muss erst mal auf GS oder HA switchen.

Vorher Werkseinstellung gehen (Passwort meistens 126, 123456, m123456, 123456m)
Und Einstellung Exportieren

1. MCUUnmatch.apk Downloaden und installieren (kostenloses Konto erforderlich)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ijmf13

2.MCU Downlaoden und flashen
Für GS 2.88bd MCU https://www.sendspace.com/file/wryn8n
Für HA 2.88bd MCU https://www.sendspace.com/file/j1g87m
dmcu.img auf SDCard legen, Einstellungen->Über das Gerät-> MCU Update->Startet automatisch neu, installiert sich und startet nochmal neu

3. Radio wird beim ändern der MCU piepen..(ausser man installiert GS auf GS/HA auf HA)
Dazu MCU unmatch App starten, unlock klicken und rebooten.

--------------Ab hier bei Geräten ohne MCU Switch------------
(vorher aber modifizierte MCU installieren)

4.Modifizierte Sound APK Installieren, öffnen
Als Extra App https://www.sendspace.com/file/m6sjtv
Originale App ersetzen https://www.sendspace.com/file/bw34ux

5. Dieser MOD befindet sich noch in der Aufbau Phase. zB SUB Regler hängt bei manchen...
Bei mir hingegen läuft es tadellos.

Nur auf eigene Gefahr und ohne Gewähr.

Obwohl ich dies eben in 5 min erledigt habe und noch nicht weiter zum testen kam, war der Unterschied schon enorm hörbar. Endlich arbeitet ein 2Wege System auch so wie es soll.

EDIT: Wer die MCU geswitcht hat, muss Bootlogo etc und seine Tasten neu anlernen (Werkseinstellung->126->Letzter Reiter->bei mir war es dann Touch Key Study) oder die exportierte dmcu.cfg auf die sdcard schieben, dmcu.img löschen und wieder MCU Update durchführen (Dabei wird nur die alte Konfiguraton vor dem Update wiederhergestellt)

Originalthreads bei XDA

https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/mtcd-software-development/mod-bd375xx-sound-processor-t3834657

https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/.../solution-version-unmatch-hope-final-t3805092

Hazard15301

Nov 1, 2015
If you have no interest in modifying other firmware, I'd be interested in a write-up on how to do it.

Reactions: kupa

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
I tried going to stock MCU and then back to your patched MCU but the issue still remains. Not a big deal I suppose if you don't move the sliders around after properly tuning the audio once.

I changed slider's handling a bit. I hope it will help. Now you can move the slider and hear changes immediately. Updated MTCAmpSetupMOD&ROOT in first post.

Last edited:

emre33

Jul 8, 2014
Paks
Thanks you!! this is the best!
Loudnes gain adjustment is specified in specification. Can not you set it up?

Loudness
Gain:20dB~0dB/1dB step
・0=250/400/800Hz
・Hicut1/2/3/4

1.equalizer.jpg

THX :)1.equalizer.jpg

Last edited:
I changed slider's handling a bit. I hope it will help. Now you can move the slider and hear changes immediately. Updated MTCAmpSetupMOD&ROOT in first post.
I can confirm the issue is gone now. :)

Can you please change the subwoofer output levels to +15 max and -15 min?

The reason for this is that it's difficult to be precise and adjust the subwoofer level especially while driving. We don't really need anything below -15. Below that point it's better to just control the gain on the amplifier connected to the subwoofer instead.

Xorit

Jan 21, 2011
updated my MX unit with GS MCU, did the unlock and installed the root apk -> works.

Though, the unlock locks again after changing factory settings, so kinda tricky :D
Do all settings while locked and unlock after.

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
Can you please change the subwoofer output levels to +15 max and -15 min?

The reason for this is that it's difficult to be precise and adjust the subwoofer level especially while driving. We don't really need anything below -15. Below that point it's better to just control the gain on the amplifier connected to the subwoofer instead.

Yes, I can, but it will be good to know if other users are thinking the same.

I can remove also Subwoofer LPF (Output Select) because when we look at schematic in our case is unuseful. Only one channel is outputted/connected:
2018_08_29_17h37_15.png

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
Though, the unlock locks again after changing factory settings, so kinda tricky :D
Do all settings while locked and unlock after.

Hmm... interesting, I did not have such a case yet. I changed many times HA, GS, XRC, MX (original was GS). Have you got dmcu.cfg on sdcard when you are doing it?

Xorit

Jan 21, 2011
Hmm... interesting, I did not have such a case yet. I changed many times HA, GS, XRC, MX (original was GS). Have you got dmcu.cfg on sdcard when you are doing it?

Actually i flashed your mod mcu, unlocked it and then flashed my saved backup.

After the boot it was locked again, so i unlocked again but noticed, that my flashed setting didnt function properly, eg no panel buttons, no canbus app.

I rebooted again and still nothing.
Went then to alter some option in factory settings and after the reboot all options where set to default..

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
Actually i flashed your mod mcu, unlocked it and then flashed my saved backup.
After the boot it was locked again, so i unlocked again but noticed, that my flashed setting didnt function properly, eg no panel buttons, no canbus app.
This "feature" is known to me. In dmcu.fg is written "special" code so when you restored settings from dmcu.cfg you got 'version unmatch' again.

I rebooted again and still nothing.
Went then to alter some option in factory settings and after the reboot all options where set to default..
Did you finally get rid of "Version unmatch" and managed to set up your settings?

Xorit

Jan 21, 2011
This "feature" is known to me. In dmcu.fg is written "special" code so when you restored settings from dmcu.cfg you got 'version unmatch' again.

Did you finally get rid of "Version unmatch" and managed to set up your settings?

yep its solved. Though I hope next time I change something this wont happen again.

Reactions: marchnz
Yes, I can, but it will be good to know if other users are thinking the same.

I can remove also Subwoofer LPF (Output Select) because when we look at schematic in our case is unuseful. Only one channel is outputted/connected:

The bass, middle and treble sliders have a frequency selection below them that resets the position of the sliders every time you switch to another frequency. (I.e only one frequency can be controlled by one slider).
This doesn't affect me too much as I use Viper4Android's equaliser but do you think it's possible to make the dB levels for each frequency stick?

Therefore, let's say I moved bass up +4db for 80hz while keeping +2db for 60hz? (If I click 60hz, slider shows +2db, if I click 80hz, slider shows +4db)
This way, we can control all of those frequencies at the same time.

Currently, raising +4db for 80hz would remove previously adjusted +2db for 60hz. (I think this is what happened when I fiddled with it. I switched back to Viper4Android so I didn't test it further. Can you confirm on this?)

This should allow for more fine tuning of audio as all frequencies can be changed. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
yep its solved. Though I hope next time I change something this wont happen again.

This occurred as Wadzio explains because the configuration file was applied to the changed MCU.

From experience - only use the specific MCU manufacturer .cfg as a backup only. When changing between factory MCU types always document all settings and manually make the changes after applying the MCU update.

Reactions: Wadzio and Xorit

Wadzio

Dec 28, 2017
©
The bass, middle and treble sliders have a frequency selection below them that resets the position of the sliders every time you switch to another frequency. (I.e only one frequency can be controlled by one slider).
This doesn't affect me too much as I use Viper4Android's equaliser but do you think it's possible to make the dB levels for each frequency stick?

Therefore, let's say I moved bass up +4db for 80hz while keeping +2db for 60hz? (If I click 60hz, slider shows +2db, if I click 80hz, slider shows +4db)
This way, we can control all of those frequencies at the same time.

Currently, raising +4db for 80hz would remove previously adjusted +2db for 60hz. (I think this is what happened when I fiddled with it. I switched back to Viper4Android so I didn't test it further. Can you confirm on this?)

This should allow for more fine tuning of audio as all frequencies can be changed. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Understood (I hope). You would like to be able to remember the gain for each available frequency.
And I hope you understand me now :)
This mod was intended to enable a "full" control of the sound processor from Android without modifying hardware. The Chinese coded(hardcoded) the basic control of SP in firmware(in their own way) . Therefore, you had the option of setting only basic gains.
What you now want is the case of the android software and its further development.
I have plan to publish sources of MTCAmpSetup so maybe someone will want to further develop this application :)

Top Liked Posts