Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

prateek587862

May 20, 2019
Please xda devloper help me

Hi xda devloper please any devloper make custom rom for my device plz because my device stock rom has very bad and it seems facing hanging so please i ve requested you please help me make custom rom for me

My device is Itel
model--it1407
Android version - - 5.1

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi xda devloper please any devloper make custom rom for my device plz because my device stock rom has very bad and it seems facing hanging so please i ve requested you please help me make custom rom for me

My device is Itel
model--it1407
Android version - - 5.1

First of all, to build a ROM for a device, the developer needs to actually own that device to work on it. I don't think there would be any developers here who would own the Itel it1407.
Furthermore, your phone only has 512mb of RAM, so it's never going to be a fast device. Also, it costs ₹3233 Indian Rupees. That works out to $46.33 USD. You can't expect a budget device to work as well as one that costs more.
I do realize that you might not be able to afford something better, but don't set your expectations too high for something that is in that price range.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Hello how can i get sdcard as exfat formated and recognize
In android 9 when its rooted is this possible?

There shouldn't be any problem with this. I was using a 64gb card formatted to exFAT on my last device, a rooted HTC 10. My current device (Pixel 2XL) doesn't have expandable storage or I'd be using it in that as well. I can use the card via OTG though, without any problems.

Reactions: GOOGLE_USER

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
I seem to be having trouble with the language from my bluetooth keyboard to my tablet. I have the Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus. Had it for over 6 months now and I always use the keyboard to type. I can't get the hang of typing on the screen. Just today, I noticed that it is writing some other language down. One that goes from right to left. For example, I have written the first sentence of this post on google docs and taken a screenshot and attached it.

I have spent quite some time trying to find ways to change the language in settings and i haven't found one yet. Only the pop up touch keyboard writes in English. I have tried with several of my other bluetooth keyboards as well as ones that attach to the USB port with an adapter, and they all now seem to type in this same language. Until today, this was never the case and it is really odd. As i have my tablet in a keyboard case with a touchpad too, i effectively use it as a laptop. I can't really use it unless this problem can be solved.

Does anyone know how i can change this back? This keyboard isn't totally the UK layout. I'm not sure what it is, but with every other tablet and this one until now, it is recognised and every key does as it should. That is no longer the case. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-20-20-08-46.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-05-20-20-08-46.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 86

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I seem to be having trouble with the language from my bluetooth keyboard to my tablet. I have the Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus. Had it for over 6 months now and I always use the keyboard to type. I can't get the hang of typing on the screen. Just today, I noticed that it is writing some other language down. One that goes from right to left. For example, I have written the first sentence of this post on google docs and taken a screenshot and attached it.

I have spent quite some time trying to find ways to change the language in settings and i haven't found one yet. Only the pop up touch keyboard writes in English. I have tried with several of my other bluetooth keyboards as well as ones that attach to the USB port with an adapter, and they all now seem to type in this same language. Until today, this was never the case and it is really odd. As i have my tablet in a keyboard case with a touchpad too, i effectively use it as a laptop. I can't really use it unless this problem can be solved.

Does anyone know how i can change this back? This keyboard isn't totally the UK layout. I'm not sure what it is, but with every other tablet and this one until now, it is recognised and every key does as it should. That is no longer the case. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
It should be something like going to system settings>language & keyboard/input, you should see the Bluetooth keyboard listed as one of the available input settings/devices, select it and then you should see where it shows the language for that input device, set the language and keyboard layout to the language/country you want.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
It should be something like going to system settings>language & keyboard/input, you should see the Bluetooth keyboard listed as one of the available input settings/devices, select it and then you should see where it shows the language for that input device, set the language and keyboard layout to the language/country you want.

This attached screenshot is all i can see in language and input settings. On all my other tablets an i think used to be the case on this one, whenever a bluetooth keyboard is connected, there is an option for physical keyboard. I was in the language and input settings for a while yesterday trying to do things but I couldn't sort the issue out. connecting a bluetooth keyboard I would have thought is a rather common thing for people to do with tablets so I don't know why i can't find the options to change the language. I've used this tablet with at least 3 different bluetooth keyboards in the past and it used to automatically know the layout of them. Now it seems fixed in arabic or something no matter what keyboard you use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-21-07-28-59.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-05-21-07-28-59.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
This attached screenshot is all i can see in language and input settings. On all my other tablets an i think used to be the case on this one, whenever a bluetooth keyboard is connected, there is an option for physical keyboard. I was in the language and input settings for a while yesterday trying to do things but I couldn't sort the issue out. connecting a bluetooth keyboard I would have thought is a rather common thing for people to do with tablets so I don't know why i can't find the options to change the language. I've used this tablet with at least 3 different bluetooth keyboards in the past and it used to automatically know the layout of them. Now it seems fixed in arabic or something no matter what keyboard you use.
The keyboard must be connected to the device when you go to that setting, it will not list the Bluetooth keyboard as one of the available input methods without being powered on and connected. I only see it listing your standard virtual keyboard.

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
I know for certain that the keyboard is connected as i was using the touchpad built in to it to navigate around. On my old tablet which i am currently using to type this now, with a bluetooth keyboard, it says physical keyboard and there is an option to change the language. The top option allows me to change the language. And at the top of the list, is arabic which maybe explains why my other tablet goes to this. But on my Lenovo tablet, even when i know the keyboard is connected, i do not see a physical option in language and input settings and i can't understand why. I'm almost wondering if there has been some update that has introduced some compatability problem. I have checked what you said with 2 other tablets, they are as you stated and only show it if the keyboard is connected. But that isn't the case with my Lenovo tablet.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I know for certain that the keyboard is connected as i was using the touchpad built in to it to navigate around. On my old tablet which i am currently using to type this now, with a bluetooth keyboard, it says physical keyboard and there is an option to change the language. The top option allows me to change the language. And at the top of the list, is arabic which maybe explains why my other tablet goes to this. But on my Lenovo tablet, even when i know the keyboard is connected, i do not see a physical option in language and input settings and i can't understand why. I'm almost wondering if there has been some update that has introduced some compatability problem. I have checked what you said with 2 other tablets, they are as you stated and only show it if the keyboard is connected. But that isn't the case with my Lenovo tablet.
Try booting to recovery and wipe the cache partition. This sometimes straightens out issues with Bluetooth devices.

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
Try booting to recovery and wipe the cache partition. This sometimes straightens out issues with Bluetooth devices.

I have done that now. I also disabled bluetooth and also removed any devices i had connected to it before. I then linked this keyboard and the same problem is here. Stuck in the first language that would be in the list (that would be if i could see it). But there is no option for physical keyboard in the "keyboard and input methods " section of language and input. I guess my next option may be to contact Lenovo. Or I may end up totally resetting it to default and see if that sorts it out. But it will be very poor if it is impossible to write any other language with any external keyboard. I just can't understand what triggered this when it has been fine up to the past 2 days.

I do apprichiate your help. I really hope there will be some way to solve this as i type an awful lot on my tablet and being without a useable physical keyboard is very difficult as the touch one is a pain and fills most of the screen.

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
Just to put it simply, here is a picture of what I'm able to see in the language and input settings page. My Lenovo tablet with the issue is on the right. It seems really odd. It is obvious that the keyboard is connected to my Lenovo, as the touchpad works and it does type, just in the wrong language. But when i look in physical keyboard setting on my old tablet which is using an almost identical keyboard, i can see that arabic is the top option. but this has detected it is english and has recognised it correctly. I simply do not see the physical keyboard option any more on my Lenovo which I know for certain always used to be there. Incredibly strange.

Attachments

• P1040349.jpg
    P1040349.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 57
Nov 24, 2016
Hi again,
I have tried 4-5 custom roms to flash on oneplus 5 but I found only one working custom ROM, AOSP extended Oreo 8.1.. Now my question is about to downgrade oneplus 5.. I am looking for any method to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5.. Is it possible to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5, it may be a irritating question to you but sometimes it's irritating to me when I don't find any solution to downgrade any firmware.. Nowadays it's being a problematic to install xposed on pie, I don't want to go with pie.. All the updates are not good in all respects.. So if anyone can guide me to install android KitKat on oneplus 5 then it would be helpful..

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.
KEYWORDS

Hi again,
I have tried 4-5 custom roms to flash on oneplus 5 but I found only one working custom ROM, AOSP extended Oreo 8.1.. Now my question is about to downgrade oneplus 5.. I am looking for any method to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5.. Is it possible to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5, it may be a irritating question to you but sometimes it's irritating to me when I don't find any solution to downgrade any firmware.. Nowadays it's being a problematic to install xposed on pie, I don't want to go with pie.. All the updates are not good in all respects.. So if anyone can guide me to install android KitKat on oneplus 5 then it would be helpful..

Well-chosen key-words, or key-phrases, applied at the proper time can unlock a wealth of information otherwise obscured.
Usage is a fundamental skill in such technical matters, and one would be best served by acquiring, utilizing, and enhancing one's search-related skills when any opportunity presents itself.
Reading will be required; comprehension, also compulsory: CLICK HERE.

I do not believe reversion to a Kit Kat ROM is possible or, more importantly, necessary if Xposed integration is your objective.
Example: CLICK HERE.
Please be advised, you will generally receive no support from ROM developers regarding implementation of system-level modifiers --such as Xposed.

brill_e

Dec 24, 2016
Graz
Hello does i need a edl cable when i am in edl mode, because when i get trough twrp in edl mode i cant flash anything, comes sahara fail.....its a nokia 8, thanks

AlexLws

Jun 26, 2017
Johor bahru
Erm can anyone tell me if it's just me when I using stock. Miui rom , it won't had any prob on touch ,but when I install custom roms, **** just happens...btw im using the correct way and follow all the procedures when flashing the custom roms... Oh I'm using poco f1

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Erm can anyone tell me if it's just me when I using stock. Miui rom , it won't had any prob on touch ,but when I install custom roms, **** just happens...btw im using the correct way and follow all the procedures when flashing the custom roms... Oh I'm using poco f1

This is a well common issue with Xiaomi and sub-brand. Unfortunately they uses different kind of panels like ie Tiamma, boe and a other derivated, this difficults to devs to adapt drivers for all them.

Of course Miui roms from Xiaomi are compatible with all its devices but this doesn´t happen with custom recoveries, roms, kernels, etc.

Discover your kind of panel using a hardware info app like Aida or Device Info HW and put to the consideration of the developer of the rom.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Hello does i need a edl cable when i am in edl mode, because when i get trough twrp in edl mode i cant flash anything, comes sahara fail.....its a nokia 8, thanks

You can find EDL cable on a service repair shop also available on many internet sites for sales. You can make it too by your own easily following some of the available tutorial on Youtube.

The EDL cable is to force device to enter to EDL/download mode and you have to start it from device totally off, some devices like Xiaomi once they were unlocked (not before) enable this option by using a combination keys that is pressing the two volume buttons at exactly same time to connect device to pc through an USB cable.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply.. I am looking for any person who can assist me to install android KitKat on oneplus 5; no philosophy please..

According this site One Plus 5 was released on 2017 with Nougat. https://www.xataka.com/analisis/one...ara-para-seguir-molestando-a-la-gama-mas-alta (I know it´s in spanish but perfectly readable in tab specs)

It´s not possible as far as I know to flash an Android version lower than the Android version that came with device out of the box.

Not even you´re wanting an unsafe/risky downgrade but a chimera and I´m not referring to mithology.

Here you have a list rom collection and how to flash a stock rom onto your device https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-5-stock-firmware/ but only a member that own this device can sure you that downgrading it you won´t brick it.

As a side note Xposed has some development working as a module inside Magisk environment and I think that the old Xposed development as in the old days is deprecated/outdated.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
hey all. hope all is well in your world.
have used the dreaded search function without any luck.
Q - a friend wants to encrypt her phone (android of course) as much as possible. i myself have no experience with this. can anyone point me to a thread/threads ; "encryption for noobs" type thread.
any and all suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
p.s. her phone is not rooted.
thank you ,
dave

err on the side of kindness

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hey all. hope all is well in your world.
have used the dreaded search function without any luck.
Q - a friend wants to encrypt her phone (android of course) as much as possible. i myself have no experience with this. can anyone point me to a thread/threads ; "encryption for noobs" type thread.
any and all suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
p.s. her phone is not rooted.
thank you ,
dave

err on the side of kindness

What device, what Android version? Everything after and including Marshmallow is encrypted by default. It was made mandatory to have full disk encryption by Google since then.

Top Liked Posts